Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 07:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOGLE POLICE View Post
I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT EITHER UNTIL I SAW IT ON 1000 WAYS TO DIE.

SOURCE: <--- THIS IS ALSO A LINK THAT YOU CAN CLICK ON PRETTY COOL
Stay in character, people like you better that way.

Are there certain foods that help boost metabolism?
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 07:42 PM       
What I'm wondering is, I've tried to stick to "wholesome" foods for the last week like a lot of places say, but goddamnit I can't get over 600 calories a day doing that. I am sure my body has gone into starvation mode now because I'm stuck at about 205 and not moving anywhere. Should I be sticking to just wholesome foods? I can't eat a whole lot in order to get over 1500 doing it.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 08:47 PM       
define what the fuck you mean by "wholesome foods" because every fattie in the history of fatness will claim they they "eat right" and "don't eat much at all". I've also heard stories of people feeling certain cookies were health foods because they contained cinnamon, which theoretically has antioxidants.

also "starvation mode" isn't real either.

---

actually i'll just go ahead and give you my response instead of pretending yours will change my answer:

there are no such thing as "health foods". there are foods that come from different (oft unprovable) sources that 99% of the time your body cannot distinguish between other types of food, and there are foods that contain certain proportions of macronutrients. eating organic or vegan will not make you healthy or lean (in fact, vegan diets are fucking awful for losing weight that isn't muscle mass), macronutrients are just a term for fats/carbs/proteins/alcohols.

if you're fat, you need to eat below maintenance calories to lose weight. you should also eat above a certain level if you aren't on awesome drugs (get some awesome drugs btw, i recommend the e/c stack here), and you should do this not because your body will go into STARVATION MODE and keep your fat around for safekeeping because that doesn't happen and you aren't a fucking hibernating bear, but you should eat at least a little in order to keep yourself from getting the fat munchies later on down the road and consuming the dairy queen and king and their peasantry.

getting back to the discussion of macros: your body doesn't need carbs to survive. you can discard them. your body only needs essential fatty acids and protein; the former you can get in a surplus from 40 calories of fish oil a day--discard the rest. this leaves protein, which is both tremendously filling (moreso than carbs or fats) and is actually useful to your body in terms of maintaining musculature in times of caloric deficit. if you really do throw out all your fats and carbs btw you will also need to supplement magnesium, calcium, and potassium that you would otherwise get from whole food sources. you're 200 lbs so i don't think a crash diet like that is necessary.

if your weight goals are stalling, first make sure you're actually eating at a deficit by counting your calories. fatties pretty much universally lowball their intakes and highball their exercise deficits ("hardgainers" do the opposite), so don't cheat, either. then, check your macros. if you're trying to lose max weight, you can go for a 1% fat 0% carb 99% protein split, which would leave you at about 800 Calories/day (this is prty much how i lost most of my weight in a few months). if you would like to be less insane about it, do something like a 20% 20% 60% split. right now i'm doing a 40% fat 20% carb 40% protein split and i'm still losing fat while currently at about 13% bodyfat and 175 lbs. your protein should be constant regardless of the split (~200g/~800kcal), so anything else you add will negatively contribute to your weight loss until you get lean, at which point you can start being me and worry about insulin levels.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 09:19 PM       
By "wholesome foods" I mean foods that are processed/refined as little as possible. Like beans, rice, veggies, fruits, chicken without seasoning...

I've been pretty much rounding up on any calorie counts and using measuring cups for my food and putting those into caloriecount.about.com to keep track of my daily calories. Like today I only ate about 800 calories which is probably around 750 really, due to me rounding up my counts to the nearest hundred.

Could it be that I'm losing fat, but since I'm working out for about an hour a day (30 mins cardio, 30 mins strength), I'm also gaining muscle at the same time which is cancelling out my weight loss? Only reason I didn't think this was possible is because I'm always told you can't lose weight and gain muscle at the same time.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 09:24 PM       
If you're new to anaerobic exercise, you will make strength (and muscle) gains pretty much regardless of caloric intake. That said, water also influences weight--the more starches and sodium you eat, the more water your body will retain and cause your scale weight to increase. Do not confuse scale weight for fat weight. Medications and supplements can also fuck with your water levels. It isn't really a problem unless you rely 100% on a scale and/or electric impedance bodyfat sensors to track your weight loss (impedance sensors actually check water levels to determine fat percentage, which is why every study that uses them isn't credible).

Really, the best indicator of weight loss is comparing photographs and clothing fit/belt sizes. If you really want to get quantitative measure of your fatness, get caliper'd by a personal trainer. Scale weight means fuck all if you aren't obese, doubly so for women since their water weight fluctuates like crazy on a monthly cycle.

In brief, you can definitely gain strength and lose fat at the same time. I've been cutting nonstop and my lifts are all in the "advanced" range.
The Glum Cunt
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 09:29 PM       
Gotcha. I've been using a scale for weight, so I guess I've been doing it wrong. Thanks again.
was never good
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 09:31 PM       
yw. Scales aren't the devil, but they're just one metric and often a misleading one. If you're trying to make a certain weight class for competitive sports, it can be an important metric. I admit to being overly concerned with scale weight loss myself.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 03:30 AM       
Bump with question
Want aesthetics
Do I still start off with SS
was never good
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM       
Yes, but add some arm work and do chinups more often. Also GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) is a bad idea unless you're looking to compete against mark henry.

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 06:41 PM       
Sombody's gonna get their ass kicked.
The Glum Cunt
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:58 AM       
Thanks to Chojin's advice, I did lose 20 pounds. I'm sitting at 194 where I used to be 214. I've never been overweight, but 214 was bordering up there.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 01:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
Sombody's gonna get their ass kicked.
SOMEBODY GONNA GET THEY WIG SPLIT.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 07:07 PM       
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/14/health...ml?hpt=hp_abar
was never good
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 12:43 PM       

my mom sent me that article too. I'm going to source it in my business plan for the fitness racing game i'm working on.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 12:54 PM       
I put all my stats into Dexterity, Charisma and Luck though.
Evil Robot
Evil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 03:55 AM       
You can buy points from chinese gold farmers.
Evil Robot
Evil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 03:59 AM       
or get those disgusting plastic fake muscle implants that are going to cause intense pain when your in your 80's
Evil Robot
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 04:00 AM       
Or you can buy a gun to show people whats what.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 09:51 PM       
CHOJIN

hi

so when i've basically been fat or chubby my entire life. i like food, it's my thing

but when i was 16 i was kind of tired of looking like a shlub all the time. i had a crush on this tennis player girl and i knew that i had no chance in my current physical shape. also i was really depressed because my dad died that year. i started running and biking every day and i basically ate nothing (one day i just ate a muffin in the morning and nothing else the rest of the day) i drank a lot of water too, idk if that helped. I went from 210 to 150 in like...uh, a few months. i stayed around that weight my senior year of hs and then i went to college and kind of gained most of it back

then i lost weight again and whoops i'm back to being kind of fat

HERES THE THING THOUGH

literally every time i got laid it was when i wasn't working out anymore (ok that's not entirely true, i got laid like once when i was in healthy mode a year ago). i'm not even talking about going after fatties, i'm a man with some pretty strict standards about who i will fornicate with.

what i'm basically asking is how do i motivate myself to eat right and conform to a plan of working out? every time i've done it was for dumb reasons (to get girls). i feel like i'll never really do this being healthy thing correctly unless i have the correct frame of mind
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 09:55 PM       
AND BEFORE YOU ANSWER ABOUT HOW I DIDNT HAVE A GOOD PLAN

i actually was on a bunch of those calories tracking websites and i had a weight lifting routine a few months ago. THE SAME ONE AS YOURS :O (the beginner one i mean)

but after doing it for a few months i was like "hey this sucks" and i stopped doing it
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 10:17 PM       
you really have to have your own motivation. I lift because I like being strong and I enjoy seeing my body in the mirror every day. I lift because I try to better myself physically, emotionally, and intellectually. it's not hard for me to look at shitty food and say no. you're completely in control of yourself and your habits. the sooner you realize that you don't need an external catalyst to motivate you, the better off you'll be.

if you keep yourself motivated long enough to start seeing some results, then you can let that feeling ride and keep yourself going. does it feel good to be fat, or even chubby? do you feel good after eating like shit every day? a year from now, do you want to look back at what you've accomplished and be proud?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 10:26 PM       
i mean i liked how i looked when i was thinner, it felt nice to be able to put on size 31 and size small shirts

but at the same time i just felt kind of dumb lifting weights. not dumb, mainly bored and like i had to force myself to do it. i feel like i would feel differently if i did it because i was playing sports or doing karate. because at least in that circumstance i would have a reason to want to be healthy, so i can beat people up better
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 10:27 PM       
that should have said size 31 jeans

chojin give me back my edit button already you dildo