Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 01:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
Big McLargehuge, you shouldn't talk you fucking dumbass. You think tool is the best band ever so you have no say in fucking anything.
That wasn't me that was The_voice_of_reason

I still fail to see where The Beatles are some kind of high art that can never be approached by anyone, ever. Was the music allright? Yes. But it was always boring and never had anything to offer that couldn't be found better somewhere else. Why is it that everytime i say that The Beatles were not very good I get the fucking third degree. I seriously get less shit when I say something bad about Jesus.

And Helm, perhaps it was wrong of me to call 1812 overrated, it is just that it never really appealed to me. It is too...military i guess. I don't like the big grand sweeping nationalistic themes that you hear in it. I prefer my music a bit more understated. And the fucking cannons piss me off.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 02:48 AM       
Didn't Tchaikovsky not even like Overture 1812?
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 02:42 PM       
Yeah I hear you on the epic thing. I dislike Wagner for the same reasons, but I trying I guess to approach the impotance of the piece subjectively... which is something of a lost 'cause.

As to why everybody wants to burh you alive because you don't like the beatles, I think the extravagant fashion of Lennon's death is the reason. As if the beatles weren't big enough before that, fter that they've achieved the godly status. People like icons. And they ate it when you shit on them. It's like if you say that The Clash sucked your nuts, Rongi (and all the other idiots like him) will go 'I HAET YUO' because Strummer died or the same thing about The Doors. Or Nirvana.

Take a big band, kill someone in it, and you've instantly got cattle worshipping said band.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 07:27 PM       
Yes, we all like the Clash because a member of the band died. I seriously doubt Strummer's death contributed in any way to the fanbase of the Clash.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 07:35 PM       
Not to the fanbase. Give that a few years. But to the fervent way the band's supporters threaten to claw away your face if you say something bad about their dead person band.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 08:36 PM       
That explains why everybody likes Bob Marley.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 13th, 2003, 08:37 PM       
And Tupac.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 02:38 AM       
Tupac was a poet

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 03:19 PM       
Bob Marley is the father of reggae .

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 03:43 PM       
failing to see how they were, and still are extremely influential is one large reason why people will give the 3rd degree on this subject. or making a statement such as, "they were always boring and never had anything to offer that wasn't done better somewhere else." (sorry I was to lazy to cutnpaste).

I for one don't care if someone doesn't like the beatles, but to basically say that they never did shit is a pretty uneducated statement.

what are your thoughts on the beach boys, Big?

huckster082 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 04:17 PM        Shoulda posted this here oh well here it goes
http://www.bandbuilder.com/primus/in...ef_code=F25808

click here to see and hear the new primus stuff the ep is alright but the dvd is not to be missed. go now. and buy it as well.

http://www.bandbuilder.com/primus/in...ef_code=F25808
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 05:51 PM       
I never said that The Beatles weren't influential, i said that they never did anything that i cant find better somewhere else. Hell Nirvana was influential, but i still dont like them.

Also i dont like the Beach Boys, i think there music is boring and has nothing to offer me, but they were influential.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 06:04 PM       
That's because you've never heard Pet Sounds you dumbass.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Oct 16th, 2003, 09:03 PM       
Ok so I listiened to Frizzle Fry a few times. I really like it
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 17th, 2003, 09:29 AM       
first cd I ever bought

-willie