Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 03:20 PM       
Actually I didn't play the first one, I don't own any systems to play this one on and I don't own any of his music. If I listened to the radio and he came on, I'd probably change the station. I'll admit to watching that movie about his life on HBO in the middle of the night, and that I was actually pleasantly surprised at how mature and serious it turned out to be. I don't know too many rap guys that would risk their reputation filming a scene where they wrestle with other men naked in a prison shower. From what I've seen and heard him say the dude comes off as a fairly smart and decent guy. I used to go around blindly hating people like most of the posters in this thread until it just got to the point where it was exhausting.

IN SHORT:

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 03:31 PM       
That's quite touching, sacks. I did try his game because I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt after I enjoyed the Def Jam wrestling games (with the exception of Icon), and his game was shitty. A weak shooter with bad controls and a lousy camera angle. In essence, like a movie tie-in game that sucks, but makes money because fans eat that shit up. So no, do excuse me if I base my opinions of him on the garbage he turns out, rather than on the fact that he engages in nude wrestling on film.

Anyway, the thread has gotten a little of track. The point is that unless fiddy has learned something from the last game he made (which he likely hasn't, given that the previous game made money), his new game will be awful. In the past few months, I've seen crystal skulls mentioned in three different titles: Indiana Jones 4, Ninja Gaiden 2, and Blood in the Sand. Of those three, NG2 looks to be far and away the most interesting.

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 03:37 PM       
It worries me that you don't find even a sliver of joy from the fact that the concept is so completely ridiculous that it's hilarious. I imagine 50's games are good in the same way that Bad Dudes or NARC were. The game is terrible, but you're laughing too hard through out the whole thing for it to bother you.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM       
I think that this game will be as good as Army of Two was.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 04:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacks View Post
It worries me that you don't find even a sliver of joy from the fact that the concept is so completely ridiculous that it's hilarious. I imagine 50's games are good in the same way that Bad Dudes or NARC were. The game is terrible, but you're laughing too hard through out the whole thing for it to bother you.
It is a ridiculous concept, and it did make me chuckle. The problem is that it's likely going to be treated with an undue amount of seriousness. More importantly, though, the game itself will probably blow, and terrible plot will only carry you so far in a game with bad gameplay.

Quote:
I think that this game will be as good as Army of Two was.
Ouch.

Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 05:39 PM       
The premise of the game is magnificently absurd. If it were to turn out to be a good game, it'd be great if it started a trend of putting celebrities in roles that hardly befit them. Maybe a Kane & Lynch that replaces the titular duo with Laurel and Hardy, or an Elder Scrolls title in which all the key NPC's are played by members of the Police Academy cast.
Funky Dynamite
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 05:57 PM       
People, please. Has it really been that long since Snakes on a Plane was in theaters?

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Jul 15th, 2008, 07:11 PM       
I was safe in Thailand when that happened.
Funky Dynamite
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 07:35 PM       
Ah.

Well to sum it up, people hooted and hollered over the internet about how the movie sounded hilariously bad, and there was all this hoopla about it, but it just plain sucked when it actually came out.

That's what I predict will happen with this game: ironic hype followed by a big letdown.

Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 08:46 PM       
Snakes on a Plane delivered in many more ways than this game can or will. Watching Sam Jackson say, "Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!" is for me what watching Kenneth Brannaugh do the St. Crispin's Day Speech is for sophisticated types.

It's certainly going to be interesting to see what 50 Cent's third game will be about.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 08:59 PM       
I don't know why they don't just make, like, "Singstar - 50 Cent Edition" instead of these POS shooters.
Mexican Rambo Doll
Location: In your closet. Kinda like that homeless Japanese lady.
Lobo Tommy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 09:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacks View Post
Actually I didn't play the first one, I don't own any systems to play this one on and I don't own any of his music. If I listened to the radio and he came on, I'd probably change the station. I'll admit to watching that movie about his life on HBO in the middle of the night, and that I was actually pleasantly surprised at how mature and serious it turned out to be. I don't know too many rap guys that would risk their reputation filming a scene where they wrestle with other men naked in a prison shower. From what I've seen and heard him say the dude comes off as a fairly smart and decent guy. I used to go around blindly hating people like most of the posters in this thread until it just got to the point where it was exhausting.

IN SHORT:

Who gives a fuck about decent the guy is when he makes shitty music.

"Wow this band sucks."

"Dude, the singer is a really nice guy, you can't hate them. Learn respect."

"Fuck you and die."
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 10:34 PM       
hey man this is a video game not an album
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 10:37 PM       
I bet it had a great sound track with lots of gats firing off.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Jul 15th, 2008, 11:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo Tommy View Post
Who gives a fuck about decent the guy is when he makes shitty music.

"Wow this band sucks."

"Dude, the singer is a really nice guy, you can't hate them. Learn respect."

"Fuck you and die."
YOU ARE A SPOILED CHILD. GO AWAY FROM HERE.
Forum Virgin
HellBeast is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 06:10 PM       
I only learned about this thing like 2 days ago. The concept is so ridiculous i didnt believe my friend when he told me about it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2008, 05:28 PM       
There is a concept? I don't really want to know.