Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2013, 08:34 PM       
Friday the 13th Part 3 is actually my personal favorite of the series.
I watched The Fog on Blu-ray. Looks great and it's still one of my favorite horror movies of all time.
I know there's a lot of complaints about how the movie is "boringly slow" and I just don't get it.
Forum Virgin

BigChris is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 02:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
Friday the 13th Part 3 is actually my personal favorite of the series.
I watched The Fog on Blu-ray. Looks great and it's still one of my favorite horror movies of all time.
I know there's a lot of complaints about how the movie is "boringly slow" and I just don't get it.
Saw F13-3D in the theatre when it came out. Was completely blown away at Jason firing that crossbow at the screen!
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 09:19 PM       
The Dark. Pretty good creature feature. I thought it was hilarious when the main guy kept saying the monster wouldn't attack unless provoked, then when the monster starts attacking everyone left and right, he just says "Well, I guess it feels threatened."
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2013, 01:51 AM       
frankenstein
pros-karloff
cons-everything else
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 11:00 AM       
watch bride of frankenstein because it's way better
aint nobody

Old Sep 25th, 2013, 06:14 PM       
i've already seen it
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 07:14 PM       
Ghost of Frankenstein is my personal favorite of the bunch.

Watched the non-Hammer but still has Peter Cushing as Sherlock Holmes version of "The Hound of the Baskervilles". Way less interesting and Cushing was in it for maybe 15 minutes.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 08:53 PM       
Sherlock holmes in barely in the story at all. It's all Watson. I hate that story.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 11:31 PM       
Found I'd forgotten much of There Will Be Blood so I rewatched it.

Damn that's a good movie.

Daniel Day Lewis is the king of old-timey voices.
Cranberry Everything
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 11:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Sherlock holmes in barely in the story at all. It's all Watson. I hate that story.
Yeah, and the Watson in this version did nothing except send letters for a solid hour and 10 minutes.
The Hammer version is awesome however. Right up there with Horror of Dracula.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Found I'd forgotten much of There Will Be Blood so I rewatched it.

Damn that's a good movie.

Daniel Day Lewis is the king of old-timey voices.
Someday I will finally watch this and No Country for Old Men. Back to back.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 04:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
Ghost of Frankenstein is my personal favorite of the bunch.
we have a box set of like 5 frankenstein movies and i've only seen the first two

i guess now's the time to fix that
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 07:48 PM       
I watched some documentary on Nazi doctors, but it was really nothing new.

I have a bunch of crap in my Netflix queue but I almost never have time to sit down and watch anything. If on the off chance I do sit down, I zonk out.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2013, 08:01 PM       
Yeah I watched Frankenstein's Army too. Horrible documentary. :sadclownface
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Sep 29th, 2013, 07:42 AM       
Wreck It Ralph and Dr. Strangelove.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 10:06 PM       
The Rewatched Daniel Day Lewis film festival continued with Last of the Mohicans.

I was kind of confused because I thought in the book that Cora was biracial (?) and in the movie she pretty clearly wasn't, they never addressed it. Also, I remembered why I hated the character of her sister, who was basically every single kind of useless there was until she took the flying leap off what looked like Stone Mountain.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 10:08 PM       
(but I guess wasn't)
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Oct 5th, 2013, 02:26 PM       
For some reason that movie creeped me out the first time I saw it. No idea why.
aint nobody

Old Oct 7th, 2013, 02:07 AM       
lifeforce

it was...interesting
aint nobody

Old Oct 11th, 2013, 08:50 PM       
bottle rocket

really solid first (sort of) effort
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 10:45 AM       
evilspeak - me through first 2/3 of movie "ok, but when does this get good" me through last 1/3 "i guess it's then." i take back any negative things i said about this movie throughout the duration of it. blood-soaked clint howard flying through a church with a sword while pigs eat all the other people (other people are all assholes btw)

samurai fiction - fuck this movie. i tend to abide by a rule that prevents me from watching samurai movies that came out sometime after 1990, but sometimes i break this rule... and then remember why it exists in the first place. this movie is balls.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 10:45 AM       
Pacific rim, a bit better than I was expecting and the cg was actually good not just ok.

I love bottle rocket. I think it's fucking hilarious but I think that about most movies I watched while tripping.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 18th, 2013, 09:01 PM       
Ju-On: White Ghost/Black Ghost.

I'd been putting it off because I have such a love-hate relationship with Takashi Shimizu movies. The Proto-Ju-Ons were borderline scary. The V-Cinema Ju-Ons were scary, at least for a while, before Takako Fuji quit. The American Grudge movies were absolute horrendous bullshit. So I was a little apprehensive about the tenth anniversary rehash of the entire ponderous thing. It sat in my Netflix queue forever because I couldn't bring myself to watch one more fucking slog through the whole deal. Yesterday, though, I was feeling very blah and what the hell, so here goes.

Pros:
Very little rehash of the Saeki murders. It was hinted-at as being the same house, but I don't know that it was. A wadded-up portrait of the Saeki family was discovered in the kitchen and that about covered it.

White Ghost and Black Ghost were short, standalone movies, similar in theme, both conceived by Shimizu but directed by two different people. They were nonsequential, and headed with the names of different players in the drama, which is pretty much how these films go. If you had no trouble with the Ju-On movies, you'll fall right in step with this.

There's a staircase, and no one crawls down it croaking.

There are some genuine spooky moments and some genuine jump scares, along with some genuinely unsettling shit.

Two Toshio cameos. He doesn't meow in either one.

Cons:

Grandma with a basketball? REALLY?

THAT INFERNAL FUCKING CROAKING

In Black Ghost, there are a lot of ghost-appearance scares that you would completely miss if she hadn't been making The Takashi Shimizu Ghost Noise (tm). This is because the film was shot in a very dim palette and the translation to TV makes it even dimmer. Sometimes you think you can make out the whites of their eyes. Sort of.

Some hideous CGI, but could have been on purpose.

Blatant Tomie ripoffs, especially in Black Ghost.

So, I'm not entirely regretting watching it, but I didn't completely enjoy it either.

Last edited by Kitsa : Oct 18th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
Cranberry Everything
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM       
Heh, I wasn't sure you would ever watch that one, Kitsa. Nice review.

House II. As much as I like House, I can't say for sure that I prefer it over House 2. They're both so much fun in completely different ways.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 09:50 PM       
This guy at work has been all "You have to see Snatch man it's the greatest" and I haven't seen Snatch yet and he's been telling me about it every day for nearly four months.

The last film(s) I watched wasn't Snatch

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 10:55 PM       
Dextire: did you watch it?

Milhouse: I bet you haven't watched twin peaks either.