Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 07:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
I think its retarded that red sox is opening the season in fucking japan. they're the defending champs, they ought to open at home for the sake of the boston fans. dice-k is the product of japan so i guess its all about the money. indians will go all the way this year. just kidding, red sox repeat!

Edit: I'm going to visit wrigley field in june for the first time. I grew up watching them cubbies play afternoon games at wrigley when i had chicago station at home before TNT took over. Wont be the same without harry carey singing "take me out the ballgame" during 7th innning stretch though.
True it isn't the same, but there's something to be said for the special celebrity guests that are now singing it. Think about it:

We've had Jeff Gordon call Wrigley Field, "Wrigley Stadium"

Ozzy sing "Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks, I don't know what I'm supposed to do"

And Mike Ditka sing it so fast he was finished before the pipe organ was halfway through the song.