Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 03:39 AM        Email of the Moment #19
Goddamn, I love how much this simple change has saved much of I-Mockery's bandwidth issues and simultaneously pissed off the idiots who were causing the problems to begin with:

Quote:
Subject: hotlink

i bet you feel pretty cool about yourself creating that hotlink picture that it 10 feet wide, you rule you fucking nerd. get a life, if you post something on the internet figure that other people are gonna link to it, its not stealing you fucking nerd.
Christopher Miller, another whiny little scab who clearly doesn't know shit about running a web site.

For the longest time, I-Mockery's bandwidth was being abused like hell from sites such as myspace, livejournal and large message forums. People would load our images directly off our server onto their pages and then tons o' people would load that same image. Some months we'd be hundreds of gigs OVER our bandwidth limits, thus costing me a nice chunk o' change.

To combat this, we finally implemented a deterent image (which plenty of other sites with similar problems have done) that loads instead of what the bandwidth-stealing chumps were trying to load.

Here's an example (just scroll down and you'll see the image causing all the side-scrolling)
http://www.myspace.com/chuzzermcguzzer

I've stated plenty of times on I-Mockery that people are more than welcome to use the images in their blogs, message forums, myspace accounts, whatever... all I ask is that they host the images they wish to use on their own server. So now our bandwidth problems are pretty much gone and I get to sit back and laugh whenever a random idiot like this guy sends me a whiny email. Good times!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 04:15 AM       
*edit: n/m that link has a cell number*
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 03:12 PM       
I remember seeing that picture before. It's a nice touch.

And it's just so hard to host an image elsewhere.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 03:30 PM       
I'd like to say that many people know how to use the internet properly, but many people don't even know what hosting images means. I didn't. At least until I found Imageshack. These Myspace Babies get everything handed to them.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2006, 08:19 PM       
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!