Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:42 PM        Depression
Everybody gets hit by it every now and then, I suppose. Lately, I've been having a pretty bad run with it; the combined stress of getting bad grades, the high possibility of getting held back my senior year, not knowing what I'll do when I'm out of high school, and not even being able to get a damn girlfriend. Anyone have any good remedies? i.e. music, hobbies, etc.?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:51 PM       
Listen to music and study harder. I know that sounds stupid but seriously, it's worth it. I went to summer school grades 7-11, senior year I buckled down and graduated on time. girlfriends will come naturally, just flirt a lot without being a d-bag.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 10:57 PM       
Stay off the internet and do outdoor activities.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:01 PM       
Man, last time I did an outdoor activity, some dickweeds thought I had a hunting rifle and I had a .9mm pointed at my face.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 2nd, 2009, 11:04 PM       
DON'T FIGHT THE SOLUTIONS!
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 06:02 AM       
Get Drunk. Do bad things. Be upset. Get Drunk. Do good things. Feel better. Get your shit togther. Things work out.

Thats how I work.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 03:48 PM       
Do you have an chemical imbalance? Then the solution is medication. If not, follow me on Greasy Gus' Patented Twelve Step Program!

REPEAT AFTER ME:
1. As I have no genuine disorders, I am depressed because I'm not the person I want to be!

2. I am not the person I want to be because of my own decisions!

3. Though I'm a moody, lazy, unmotivated little twerp with a weight problem and little control over his/her own impulses, I am in control of my analysis of the situation!

4. I accept reality, and adamantly refuse to blame anyone else for my own decisions!

5. Now that I have a spine, I hereby resolve to slowly but resolutely improve myself!

6. Fuck, I haven't been improving myself!

7. Now I'm crying!

8. Still not improving myself!

9. Now I am seriously sick of this bullshit! I will now take up something constructive and therapeutic, like weight lifting or art
while striving towards forging a career in the real world, getting my own home, and not leeching off of my parents when I am [insert realistic target age here.]!

10. I recognize that I will never be perfect, while continuing to strive towards my goals!

11. I have now achieved my goals!

12. I now have an entirely new set of problems, and am more miserable, dejected, and pathetic than ever before!
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 04:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
Everybody gets hit by it every now and then, I suppose. Lately, I've been having a pretty bad run with it; the combined stress of getting bad grades, the high possibility of getting held back my senior year, not knowing what I'll do when I'm out of high school, and not even being able to get a damn girlfriend. Anyone have any good remedies? i.e. music, hobbies, etc.?
Some people go through their entire lives without figuring out exactly what they want to do. And in this economy, you're more likely to commit suicide than to find actual work.

So focus on goofing off, or exercise, or some other crap like that.

Forum Virgin
Badfish is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 06:59 PM       
Hell, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, and I've been out of college and working for three years. I'm thinking professional flange modifier.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:04 PM       
Greatest first post ever!
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:05 PM       
Maybe you have seasonal affective disorder (SAD). It's where you get all bent out of shape because it's cold or dark or some shit.

Try wearing an extra sweater and all your problems will possibly be fixed.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:21 PM       
Maybe his nut cancer is acting up again.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2009, 10:29 PM       
When I was in high school I just drank more and took easier classes. That's sort of my college strategy too, it seems to be working so far.
Escape will make me god.
Bod is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 05:27 PM       
Just remember, however bad life can feel. There's always potential for it to get worse.

I friend of mine thought he was having a shit time, then he found out that his sister was actually his Mum.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 05:42 PM       
Same guy who thinks you are a joke because you are 36 and punk. Let him hit bottom.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 05:52 PM       
sEVENTEEN AND NATURES QUEEN, YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN
TWENTY ONE A LONG ONE, SEE THE NUMBERS RUN
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 05:56 PM       
Gus, when are you going to return my dress and high heels?
Ancient Mariner
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 06:01 PM       
You stole mine, you methriddled skank
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 06:04 PM       
I clearly remember you saying you needed something to wear because Tommy might finally call you that night. BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED AND YOU NEVER RETURNED IT DID YOU! DID YOU!
Ancient Mariner
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 06:05 PM       
No, you said it when Tommy got a hold of some product
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 06:15 PM       
I owe you an apology, I looked in the rafters and found it next to my pipe. It has your name written on the tag. I'm sooooo sorry. When I smoke the pipe I forget things. I will try to get the stains out but the heels are ruined. Tommy has a thing he like me to do with the pointy bit.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 06:23 PM       
Things I do when I'm stressed:

1.) I get something I like to eat (only do this once in awhile though, as it's not too healthy to fall back on this all the time).

2.) Read something.

3.) Play video games (seriously, research has proven that they're excellent for taking your mind off of things. Even pain.)

4.) If the weather's nice, go outside and walk around (or just sit in the sun until you fall asleep).

5.) Try to inject humor into your life. Watch comedy central, start visiting an improve group, learn some bad jokes, anything like that.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 09:06 PM       
I suggest applying to college.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 4th, 2009, 09:11 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxTq681RAjM
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 5th, 2009, 12:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
Things I do when I'm stressed:

1.) I get something I like to eat (only do this once in awhile though, as it's not too healthy to fall back on this all the time).

2.) Read something.

3.) Play video games (seriously, research has proven that they're excellent for taking your mind off of things. Even pain.)

4.) If the weather's nice, go outside and walk around (or just sit in the sun until you fall asleep).

5.) Try to inject humor into your life. Watch comedy central, start visiting an improve group, learn some bad jokes, anything like that.
ZQ, we need to hang out. I can do all five of those for you in an hour tops. I think you live somewhere within travel distance to me. I'm just letting you know because the "Whitest Kids U Know" are touring right now.

East Coast Mockery meet.