Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 12:48 AM        Friday the 13th Remake
I really liked it. Unlike the Halloween remake, which sucked because instead of trying to be a remake of Halloween it tried to be a movie about some depressed white trash serial killer that happened to look like an overgrown version of Michael Myers, this Friday the 13th remake was basically the same thing as all the other Friday the 13th movies. They added a few little elements, like the big cave-dwelling that Jason lived in, but it didn't try to take the Friday the 13th theme and infuse it with a bunch of bullshit.

Also, how is it that five days after this movie came out there is no thread about it?
in training
electric ninja is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 02:22 AM       
It's already out?!
I live in Australia and I haven't seen any ads or posters or anything. I read about it on wikipedia and then never heard of it again. It's nonexistant in Australia.
Pissed-off goalie
J-San Voorhees is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 03:35 AM       
I'm from Aus, and it comes out on March 12th. I've seen posters in the cinema, but that's all. I have managed to see the movie already though, and I loved it.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 04:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Goat View Post
Also, how is it that five days after this movie came out there is no thread about it?
There was a thread about it before the movie came out. It wasn't too long ago I don't think.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
in training
electric ninja is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 06:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-San Voorhees View Post
I'm from Aus, and it comes out on March 12th. I've seen posters in the cinema, but that's all. I have managed to see the movie already though, and I loved it.
Funny, I haven't seen shit. And nobody I know has event mentioned it.

I'll go see it March 12th though.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 09:10 AM       
i really liked it it had some really cool kills

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 01:16 AM       
I enjoyed it. Constant Jason killings and some great titties. I saw it with a mostly black crowd and they cheered so much when they thought their man was going to survive and they were so disappointed when he didn't.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 05:28 AM       
silly negroes always cheering for their kind
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 07:00 AM       
I bet the movie has one "dragged into lake" scene
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM       
I love how thoroughly the "douchebag" character was fleshed out.

Especially that one bedroom scene. Priceless.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 08:40 PM       
I'm going to see this tomorrow. Will I need to drink beforehand?
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 08:46 PM       
Bring a flask.

I haven't seen the movie, but bring a flask. Just in case, y'know?
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2009, 08:53 PM       
Poifect. I got this one for my sister for christmas:

http://www.rockworldeast.com/display...26&w=105&h=126
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 07:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I love how thoroughly the "douchebag" character was fleshed out.

Especially that one bedroom scene. Priceless.
Doesn't he call the girl 'dude' at one point? And was it just me, or did that douchebag look a lot like Christian Bale? Or maybe it's Christian Bale being a douchebag in the news projecting his appearance on other douchebags.
Also, my vote would be that you leave the mickey of captain morgans at home, and take going to this movie as an opportunity to begin growing out of the stage in your life where you think public drunkeness is cool.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:09 AM       
"Those are fantastic tits, dude. Perfect nipple placement."

I thought he looked half Christian Bale and half Tom Cruise with different hair:

From his general douchebagginess and fixation with nipple placement, perhaps he was studying to be a plastic surgeon.

OH YES I WENT THERE
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 01:42 PM       
i liked how the black dude saw the deer head when he was about to jerk off

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 22nd, 2009, 03:02 PM       
20 minute countdown for me.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:57 AM       
I have GOT to see this. This sounds hilarious.

j/k fuck them
Pygmy Extraordinaire
Location: In a home that scares my neighbors by having body parts on my balcony all year long
LittleDollClaudia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:11 PM       
I went to see it and yes, it was exactly what you would expect a Jason movie to be. Sex, killing, and boobs.

If that's what you are looking for, check it out. I loved the fact it only took him 20 years to figure out those pesky arts and crafts.

Bow and arrow, anyone??

~zydrate comes in a little glass vial..~Graverobber, Repo! The Genetic Opera
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 10:08 PM       
The message I got from the movie is that people who mess with Jason's "Stash" with get slashed. Most of the deaths were revolving around people who found it and then KER-SMASH.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:26 PM       
I thought it sucked!

That was very funny. Well done.
Pygmy Extraordinaire
Location: In a home that scares my neighbors by having body parts on my balcony all year long
LittleDollClaudia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 12:48 AM       
Amen, Zomboid. I didn't say I paid to see it..but hey 2 free passes and an afternoon to fill, go figure.

I did have a friend of mine say it's the best in the series. That's not setting the bar very high. But it was good for a laugh.

Especially at 2pm, when you are the only people in the theater. I admit I made a few snide comments.

Example-Jason on the roof: It's Batman!

And did no one else think it was odd that only one bitch slap from Jason made you dead? He hung the chick on a hook, and now she's a corpse. Huh.

But of course that's just my gooftacular sayso.

~zydrate comes in a little glass vial..~Graverobber, Repo! The Genetic Opera
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 02:38 AM       
I haven't seen it and don't plan to. I'm staying true to the original.

Had they titled it part 11, I would've already seen it by now.
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 11:06 AM       
I was mildly disappointed. It was entertaining in parts.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 12:08 PM       
Wow. That was bad. Not the good kind of bad either. I'm a Friday the 13th fan, I get that the series is a mess chronologically and that the series is a joke unto itself. I'm fine with that and, frankly, the fact that the movies are bad and cheesy is truly a big part of the fun.

But this relaunch was just bad on every level. They tried too hard. If it had embraced its camp origins, without trying as hard as they did (HEY LOOK OVER HERE! ITS A REFERENCE TO PART III! GET IT?!?!) I would have given it a pass. But the fact that they tried to make a 'serious' horror movie made all the bad acting, plot holes and horrible script additions all the more apparent.

FAIL!