Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

90's Child is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 11:22 AM        A strange idea I had for a game
I had an interesting idea for a game that would be a tribute to the old atari games, and I was wondering what you would think about it. It would be called Age of Atari. Basically, if you remember, there was a rumor about the old Battlezone arcade game that you could actually reach that volcano in the distance that was part of the scenery, and there would be a castle on its rim that you could enter. Well, that's where I got the idea for this game from. It would be basically a tribute to all the old Atari games, both for the 1600 and the Arcades, done in a vector-graphics style (To add to that old-school, eerie feel), taking place in a world where aspects of all Atari's old games appeared, whether it be the bugs from Centipede and Millipede, the items, castles, dragons and bats from Advanture, the field and tanks from Battlezone (of course), the creatures from Tempest or the bricks; ball and paddle from Breakout, along with many other references, with bosses like the Centepede the duck-like dragons from Adventure, a literal Atari Jaguar, the Quootile from Yar's Revenge and more. It would be an adventure in a Zelda vein, with plenty of story and with some gameplay variety thrown in (Such as shooter stages).

Last edited by 90's Child : Mar 24th, 2009 at 02:51 PM.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 11:59 AM       
SUE'D
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 02:55 PM       
Don't get me wrong here bigtimecow, I'm not actually thinking about making the game, as I know nothing about programming, but the thread was more of a hypothetical one on what you think of the idea and whether or not it would be a good concept if Atari actually made something like it, and what you think would be best added to the concept.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 04:01 PM       
They should make a game like that but with Mario and Luigi and Link and Ice Climbers and they beat the fuck out of each other.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 04:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
They should make a game like that but with Mario and Luigi and Link and Ice Climbers and they beat the fuck out of each other.
That's dumb. They should make one with Marvel characters beating the shit out of Mega Man and Street Fighter characters.

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 05:17 PM       
Has anyone thought of making a video game based on a movie?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 05:25 PM       
Has anyone thought of a videogame based on a movie based on a video game?
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 05:59 PM       
I think we should skip all of that and go straight to taking comics and making into movies, pure brilliance nothing could go wrong there.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 06:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90's Child View Post
I had an interesting idea for a game that would be a tribute to the old atari games, and I was wondering what you would think about it. It would be called Age of Atari. Basically, if you remember, there was a rumor about the old Battlezone arcade game that you could actually reach that volcano in the distance that was part of the scenery, and there would be a castle on its rim that you could enter. Well, that's where I got the idea for this game from. It would be basically a tribute to all the old Atari games, both for the 1600 and the Arcades, done in a vector-graphics style (To add to that old-school, eerie feel), taking place in a world where aspects of all Atari's old games appeared, whether it be the bugs from Centipede and Millipede, the items, castles, dragons and bats from Advanture, the field and tanks from Battlezone (of course), the creatures from Tempest or the bricks; ball and paddle from Breakout, along with many other references, with bosses like the Centepede the duck-like dragons from Adventure, a literal Atari Jaguar, the Quootile from Yar's Revenge and more. It would be an adventure in a Zelda vein, with plenty of story and with some gameplay variety thrown in (Such as shooter stages).
Like a best of, but you have to adventure to unlock games?
Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 06:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Has anyone thought of a videogame based on a movie based on a video game?
Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game on SNES.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 06:50 PM       
They shuld make a videogame that isn't so much a videogame as it is a paper bag with more paper inside

BUT WHAT KINDA PAPER?
Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 07:40 PM       
Mario stickers
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 07:45 PM       
ROLLIES
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 08:59 PM       
I'm still holding out for a remake of this game:
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 09:27 PM       
the adventures of gilligan's island

guide a small land mass thru ten zany fun-filled levels
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 10:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Like a best of, but you have to adventure to unlock games?
No, the idea is more like a Zelda-Type story-heavy adventure game based on the old Atari games, not so much based on unlocking games as it is just a self-contained adventure featuring the settings, characters (at least as much character as the moving forms upon the screen could have had back in those days) and creations of the first era of games as led by Atari. And yes, it would contain references to the Atari Jaguar, mostly taking a few lesser bosses from it, making fun of it, and it would have that Scotsman that shot fire out of his kilt as a minor recurring character. Because a scotsman shooting fire out of his crotch is funny. Anyone have any ideas for how they would elaborate on the idea?

And also, why do people keep accusing me of plagarism of this idea? Was there someone else who came up with it before me. If so, please tell me, as I'd like to see how their interpretation of it turned out.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 10:56 PM       
hey a game where you play as an island that's not bad. can you ride the tectonic plates to victory or will you fall victim to the villainous angular unconformity :O

holdup ima get my design documentin notebook
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 11:40 PM       
War and Peace: The Interactive Graphic Televisual Experience.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 09:00 AM       
This idea is strange and i am having problems processing it. So there would be characters? And you would go places? But all the characters and places would be stolen from other games? YOU CONFOUND ME WITH YER HIGH FALUTIN' IDEAS.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 12:22 PM       
I had an idea they'd make Mario and Zelda games where the protagonists were reversed.

Excpet Super Princess Peach dosen't have Hammered Peach or Frog-Warts Peach. Bummer.

j/k fuck them
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 05:54 PM       
I want more LJN games for my NES
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 12:10 PM       
He want's to play a game that takes place in a Atari-esque universe, which you explore it for no reason.

That game would look horrible.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 11:11 PM       
ILL START PROGRAMMING THAT RIGHT NOW!

HAHA JUST KIDDNG, FUCK YOU.
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 12:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
He want's to play a game that takes place in a Atari-esque universe, which you explore it for no reason.

That game would look horrible.
I didn't say it would be Atari-2600esque in terms of graphics. It would be done in a vector graphics style. And there is a reason for walking around. For, you see, there is a princess in that tower, held by a horrible old wizard (Whom looks an awful lot like Atari 2600 ET if done in Vector Graphics) who wants to control the world of Atari. You are Cube, a humanoid character with a cube for a head (And yes, this is a reference to Adventure), and you have to find the princess at the top of the Castle on the Volcano. But you can't get there. No matter how far you go in the world, you'll just start back at the beginning. To get to the volcano, you need to find the Chip, or to be more precise, the pieces of the chip. But, these pieces are guarded in the darkest parts of this world, by the worst creatures, like the Centipede, the Dragons, the Jaguar, The Quootile and other nasty things. And you need weapons such as the Arrow Sword (From Adventure), the DDT Bombs (Millipede), the Paddle (Pong), the Magnet (from Adventure), the Bridge (Adventure), the Missile Launcher (Missile Command), amongst others.

Basically, it's applying the Smash Bros crossover formula to a Zelda-type game with Atari characters. And yes, I do realise that I pretty much pitched the game.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 02:05 AM       
:LOL THIS GUY :LOL HE JUST DOESN'T "GET IT" AMIRITE GUYS :LOL