Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 01:24 PM       
Ssssssshhhhhh! You'll jinx them!
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 03:15 PM       
My enthusiasm has never helped them before.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM       
I am really fucking irritated that FSN is playing Reds Live, and Versus is all about the Penguins and San Jose and Vancouver and NO ONE IS PLAYING THE FUCKING REDWINGS-JACKETS GAME IN FUCKING OHIO.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 08:32 PM       
Just shows the pecking order. Hockey don't get no respect.

And lets face it. We're almost 10 games into a 162 game baseball season, when the games really MEAN something. Not so in the NHL, when they're playing a 7 game elimination series for the first time in a city in Ohio. Means nothing. End of story.

Assholes.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 10:15 PM       
John Stevens on why the Flyers lost:

"The key to the game is in the scoring, and we're not doing a good enough job of putting the puck in the net."

Wow. He's the intellectual equal of Einstein. I would never have thought of that.

During the game, Cindy body-checked the puck into the net for a goal, pushing Martin Biron into the net in the process. :unsure

Apparently there are rules, and there are the Crosby rules.

I have an intense dislike for this team (the Penguins), and not because they're about to eliminate the Flyboys. I'd rather the Rangers win the cup, and that is saying something, coming from a Flyers fan.
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 09:47 AM       
MSN sports has the picture of crosby crashing the net and the puck going in on the front page. NHL front page that is, because god knows they don't put any hockey news on the actual front page.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 12:19 PM       
Mark my words, anyone else (on the Flyers, that is) would have gotten a penalty for that "goal". Crosby gets the front page. God, but sometimes I hate the No Hope League.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 05:04 PM       
They showed a highlight from a previous series with ottawa that he esentaily did the same thing and it was called off. They really want that Cindy/alex final.

I was talking to my friend the other day about how Avery is so scrutinized over every little thing he does and how they really ride him hard and his response to me was "Yeah, well at least its just one player for you. It's like that for all of philly" which I do find to be true. It really does get down to the for lack of better word puss-ification of the league. If I wanted to see clean hockey I'd watch the euro leagues.

Time to go home, make some dinner, put on lady liberty and see how the ref's are gonna screw us tonight.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:19 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:28 PM       
That didn't look too scary at all
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:41 PM       
I liked it better when they only did it for rugby.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 10:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icculus View Post
Time to go home, make some dinner, put on lady liberty and see how the ref's are gonna screw us tonight.
Can't get screwed when your goalie plays that well. Did he make 20 saves in the second period? Unconscious.

Caps be goin' DOWN.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 08:25 AM       
I see Mason's in the running for the Calder. That's good, he probably deserves that. Poor kid, they worked the hell out of him this season.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:40 AM       
Out of the 3, mason, ryan, and versteeg, I would say that mason ultimately put up the best numbers. He took columbus to their first playoff. If I had a vote it would go to him.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:51 AM       
I'm still a little bitter about Pazzy's "so long and go fuck yourselves, Columbus" departure from the Jackets. I'm happy for Mason.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 12:23 PM       
I need the Black Hawks to finish up Calgary....then move on and win the cup.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:31 PM       
I, on the other hand, need the Flyers to hold on to their 3-goal lead. This will be their first win after being down 3-1 in a playoff series.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:56 PM       
3-2 and back to Philadelphia. Anything is possible ....

EDIT: At least the Jackets put up an heroic fight in Game 4. Too bad they didn't show up until then. Hopefully the experience will do them good next season - they are a young team, after all.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Apr 23rd, 2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Apologies .....
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 06:56 AM       
Oh well I think every Jackets fan knew the outcome as soon as they got paired with Detroit. And I might as well have a fresh new reason to resent Detroit

The good news is that those of us who couldn't afford NHL Network ONLY GOT TO SEE THE SECOND GAME because our cable sports providers decided the reds and even the Flyers-Pens were more important than our own state's only NHL team in the playoffs. Assholes.

I'm still rooting for Mason. He gave an interview once after he was off for a week and they asked him what he did. He said, "Absolutely nothing. I laid on my grandma's couch and watched TV and did absolutely nothing."

Live the dream, Mason.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 09:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
And I might as well have a fresh new reason to resent Detroit
The Red Wings are the only reason I don't resent Detroit

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 03:09 PM       
Quote:
The Red Wings are the only reason I don't resent Detroit
They made ticket prices so high last year that people stopped going and games no longer sold out...reason being "enh, we've seen it before, we'll just watch it at home and wait for the cup". Outside of my respect for them being an Original 6 team it pretty much ends there. Horrible city with spoiled fans.

Sorry for maybe being a little harsh today...it finally 75 and sunny out and I'm stuck in my windowless cube. I also need to stop reading analysis' of ny/dc game.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 09:45 PM       
I hated them anyway but when the Old as Balls (as you said) idiot landed there (after saying he'd never play for them, btw):

...I just hated them more. I hate how smug they are, I hate the omnipresent merchandising, I hate it all.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 03:19 PM       
Starting to keep track of IIHF tournament now. Rooting either for Canada or the U.S.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 08:33 PM       
Fuck. Blew a 3 goal lead to lose the series.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 11:01 AM       
Do you need huggles of commiseration?