Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 07:02 PM       
Looks like the Neo Geo System is going to be coming to the Virtual Console, so you might be able to get Metal Slug that way eventually too. :P
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 07:44 PM       
Yeah I heard about that but the VC doesn't currently have any games playable online, does it?

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Forum Virgin

damnd is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 07:36 PM       
I really like how the zombie scientist uses his intestines as a handy weapon in MS3! This has to be still the best SNK game ever released!
Forum Virgin
xscoot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 07:12 PM       
Yeh, metal slug IS the best series, and anthology for wii is perfect. 5 control schemes (6 if you have a GC controller.) Plus three dificulty settings and your choice of limited or unlimited lives. Add in the art and music galleries plus a staff interview and you got a perfect use of 60 bux. Now I'm just waiting for a wii remake of metal slug 3D.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 01:27 PM       
So I'm sure most/some of you have heard the news. The Mighty METAL SLUG 3 is coming to XBOX LIVE ARCADE. We're also getting a Metal Slug 7 for the DS.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 07:38 PM       
We'll be hitting that up on co-op :O

That was very funny. Well done.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 08:50 PM       
You know this man. 3 is the best and I'm so glad they chose that one right off the bat. I can't wait for the achievements, online coop and leaderboards. It'll only be my 4th MS3 purchase.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 08:01 AM       
Three neo-geo fighters are on the VC now :o
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 02:44 PM       
Nothing beats Metal Slug Anthology for the PS2. Yeah, a tad out of date and it's odd that SNK is getting around to throwing out all of their old games in PS2 anthologies (Fatal Fury, King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown), but it works just the same. It's the best $20 I ever spent.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 12:01 PM       
Metal Slug 3 comes out on XBLA this Wed!

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 04:21 PM       
Fuck. That means I have to get more points.

Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2007, 05:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland View Post
FUCKING GREAT!!!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland View Post
Have they changed anything about it? Cuz I already have the Metal Slug Anthology on the Wii and it's awesome. But I do like how they redo the graphics on a lot of XBLA games... though it's hard to imagine them improving the graphics on Metal Slug of all games heheh.
Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 01:44 PM       
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/m/me...boxlivearcade/
looks like they didn't change a thing
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:28 PM       
Hard to justify paying $10 for a single metal slug game.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:33 PM       
but does it have the gray blood :contractualobligation
Forum Virgin
Terror Dino is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Hard to justify paying $10 for a single metal slug game.
Thats why you should go out and pay about 25euro (whatever that is in dollers) for 6 of em on the Wii. And if you dont have a Wii...for shame.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 01:45 AM       
i heard from someone that the controls for the wii ones are kind of bad
The Wolf
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 01:59 AM       
Plus you can't play online with your favorite i-mock members! Or can you?

was never good
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 03:38 PM       
I already have metal slug anthologies, but yes, the control schemes suck.

Also I don't know about you guys but for 2 player games like that I prefer to play with the guy sitting next to me.
The Wolf
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 05:07 PM       
I think that guy's name is "Zak", or something. Anyway, I like playing 2 players with whoever, really. Sometimes I'm by myself but there's people on my friends list that wanna play and that's usually just as fun.

Forum Virgin
Terror Dino is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 07:31 PM       
Nah playing with some one there is the only way to play metal slug. Have arcades thought you nothing of the metal slug brothership.
Spruce Moose is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 02:09 PM       
The controls on the Wii version of the Metal Slug Anthology are only bad if you choose the wonky new Wiimote control options. Which you don't have to at all. Turning the Wiimote sideways works great for me(even the wiimote has enough buttons for Metal Slug, and I don't mind giving a little jerk for a grenade), or even just plugging in a Gamecube controller(more buttons than the game even needs).

If you only have a Wii, I would tell the reviews up yours and get this game. It's a great buy regardless of the version, and the new controls are only a bother if you're dumb enough to choose them(of course, the reviewers need to cover the whole game, including those controls, especially since they're the only thing different in that version).
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 05:53 PM       
Only have had a little time to play it so far but it's a very good port.

Online, leaderboards, spot on controls and no loading issues (like the PSP anthology).

Unfortunately it's grey blood...

OH GOD
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 07:21 PM       
hahaha