Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 09:41 PM        In Missouri we are voting on an amendment that i dislike
Amedment 1 if passed will ban all minors from places which get 51% of their money from selling booze. (btw if you take that literally a lot of kids wont be allowed in the convenience store where I work if by money you mean profit cause we dont make much profit on gas.)

It's being pushed by some groups against drunk driving and other things and I want to point out I hate drunk driving and do not drink myself (I naturally act this stupid) and forbid drinking in my house. The problem? Why don't I love this? I am a musician and most EVERY concert in this area BARELY makes a profit and it's all because of teenagers and college kids.

Should the industry suffer if it keeps kids from drinking? YES! Will this keep kids from drinking HELL NO! Kids who go get drunk don't do it in a place where there are roving gaurds who will kick them out and call the cops if they are given beer. They do it at home/friends house/the alley.

The people pushing this are talking about the decisions kids make while drunk, fighting and all that permiscuity and things adults do in bars. The problem? Adults do that in bars when drunk KIDS CAN'T DRINK IN BARS! Their hands are marked and the ones who can are given a bracelet to show they are of age and there is even no soap in the bathrooms to prevent it being cleaned off and talk to ANY bar owner for five minutes and they will tell you the IMMENSE fines they face if a kid is caught drinking there and they don't kick them out, ban them, and call the cops and report it.

I live in a state of hypocrites where adults drink themslves shitfaced and say "think of the children" If you knew shit about underage drinking you'd keep the kids in the bars enjoying the food and the shows, so they'd be supervised and have something to do besides get wasted.

I can only think of one underaged girl i want to keep out of bars and that's cause she is a slut who fucks drunks. So if amendment one is reworded so only girls named ashley are banned from bbars i support it otherwise WTF?

While your at it, do something about those fags who stand outside the bar and shoot up. Maybe put some undercover narks nearby and do real work rather then fuck over the rest of us responsible people while to stop a crime THAT ISN'T EVEN HAPPENING!
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 03:32 PM       
its a small step to change your great state into a police state
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 08:23 PM       
I agree usually the more integrated the community the better off overall most people will be. That's kind of hard in the modern world though.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 11:13 PM       
Courage, it's funny you pick this one, since Amendment 2 is the one getting all of the national hype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nguJQ_dRPXw

Anyone who can tell me what Jim Caviezel says in the beginning gets a sticker.
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 05:04 PM       
It's odd you should mention that cause i'm having trouble deciding. On one hand of course I support research and cures, but on the other it's a slippery slope and I am against abortions after the fetus has brainwaves and see this is fruits of a poisonous tree, then there is the cloning issue, cloning embryos and what not, I oppose that depending on how far along the embryo is, and banning human cloning in general is not something I am behind. I totally approve of artificial insemination and a clone is like that with only the genetic material of one parent, it's like if Mary Kate gave birth to Ashley years down the road. And I think that'a parents choice as long as it's safe for the baby.

For a prolifer I'm a bit odd cause I also support right to die. I believe life is between you and God (or nature whatever) and no one not even your parents can make that choice for you once you have a brain.

If anyone can clarify the wording on that bill and tell me your position you may convince me to vote your way on it.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 06:41 PM       
Quote:
I totally approve of artificial insemination and a clone is like that with only the genetic material of one parent,
Thank you for keeping us up to speed on the topic of debate, you vapid hoser.

Quote:
it's like if Mary Kate gave birth to Ashley years down the road.
That's DEEP, man.

Quote:
For a prolifer I'm a bit odd cause I also support right to die.
Of course you do, you're like thirteen and stay up late at night thinking of ways you could just END ALL THE PAIN.

Quote:
I believe life is between you and God (or nature whatever) and no one not even your parents can make that choice for you once you have a brain.
Are you having problems at home, Jeremiah?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 07:13 PM       
I don't like people that use the term "Slippery Slope" :/ I'm balancing on the edge of comformity and a knifes edge close to loosing it.