Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 02:17 PM        Favorite fighting games
Since fighting games are all the rage in the gaming forum right now.

Clayfighter 63 1/2- I haven't played this game in so long I can't really remember whether it was any good or not but I do remember the Claytalities being awesome and Boogerman and Earthworm Jim were playable characters.

Bloody Roar 2- This is the only fighting were I can honestly say I mastered one of the characters in it, I could pull off any and all of Longs combos with such ease. To bad no one else wanted to play it.

Guilty gear X- I played this game for the first time yesterday and man is it awesome.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 02:28 PM       
Im not a big fan of fighting games, but I like or liked these:

Mortal Kombat
I played this when my neighbour got himself a SNES. It was the first fighting game I ever played.

Tekken 3
I was unstoppable with that one guy who uses kicks a lot. Don't remember the name. :/

Body Blows
My friend had this on his PC, when we were 8 or something, but his parents thought it was too violent for us. I don't even remember much about this game, but back then it was cool as hell.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 03:00 PM       
I like Mortal Kombat the best. The new ones are decent but 3 and 4 where the best. I kick arse with kabal and sektor.

Midway classics on the PS2 is good as it has MK2 and 3 along with a load of other random old games.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 03:16 PM       
I like how this board is being flooded with fighting games as of late. They're the best kind anyway.

I used to hate Street Fighter until I fell in love with it's simplicities. The fact that you really only had three moves was good, I thought. Your opponent could never truly surprise you, so matches had a lot more tension and creativity (I would always do a jumping kick into either a sweep or a soft shoryuken.)

The SNK games are pretty good too, in that you have to get right up on your opponent--for the most part there're no projectiles, just straight-up fighting. I've only played KoF though, so.

While I never really met a 2-D fighter I didn't like, Guilty Gear X2 still wins. I used to spend hours in the Practice mode making up new combos, because the engine is so loose that you can combo almost any move with any other move. I love being Chipp, uppercutting the other guy, and pulling the flying Overdrive when they can't see me onscreen.

Also, everyone needs to watch THIS VIDEO. Keep in mind that one hit from chip/block damage would have killed him.

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 03:23 PM        re:
mk2 and mk:deception
super smash bros melee
killer instinct
both eternal champions games
samurai showdown 2
time killers
marvel vs capcom 2
soul calibur 2
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 04:11 PM       
i like tekken tag
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 07:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid
I like how this board is being flooded with fighting games as of late. They're the best kind anyway.
Fighting games are fun but man are they murder on the thumbs.

Gundam battle Assualt 2- I bought this game at a yard sale for 25 cents last year. Yes, I know, Gundam is gay but for 25 cents I would have bought "Hamtaro: Ham to the Yam's 5, an Epic RPG Adventure," I can't pass up deals like that and I'm glad I didn't because it was actually pretty fun. It's sort of like Guilty Gear X except not as well balanced between characters and you can't pull off those slick 58 hit combos (well you can but only if your being a cheap fuck).

Ultimate Muscle:Legends vs New Generation- Pretty fun fighting game but it's going to ruin half of the jokes in I-mockeries article on the old muscle action figures once you learn all the wrestlers true names.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 07:23 PM       
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tekken 3
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 07:45 PM       
Melvin: It was Hwoarang.

I think those of you who listed Killer Instinct as a favorite must not have played it in a long time, because it was fucking terrible. Fun characters, but the engine sucked massive ass. I'm also not a fan of Mortal Kombat, which also had a very unbalanced engine. Uppercuts could be abused like no one's business and Shao Khan was just ridiculously gay. Lots of faceless characters, too. Deadly Alliance was okay, but i was mostly just thrilled with the ability to use Scorpion in a game that had a more well-rounded and balanced fighting system.

I play lots of fighting games, so i have a lot of favorites. Short rundown, and my favorite character in each because you all care:

Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Ken/Thanos/Magneto
SNK vs Capcom 2: Chaos - Geese, Terry
Capcom vs SNK 2 - Geese, Iori
Samurai Shodown 4 - Ukyo, Zankuro
Last Blade 2 - Hibiki
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (this game is 100% perfect) - Rock Howard, nigga
King of Fighters 99, 2001 - Terry, Yamazaki, K'
Soul Calibur II - Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Voldo
Tekken 4, 5 - Fury, Kazuya, Heihachi, Feng Wei
Street Fighter II Turbo - Guile, Fei Long, Ken
Kengo: Master of Bushido - That old, white-haired guy

Probably Virtua Fighter 4 once i get the hang of it, too. VF4 is cool because it is completely based on skill and move knowledge, button-mashing doesn't get you shit. Sucks cuz that means none of my friends will wanna play it
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 03:52 AM       
cvs2
sfa3
ssbm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 06:35 AM       
Barbarian, Fist 2, International Karate +, Body Blows Galactic for the c64 and Amiga where applicable...

Street Fighter Alpha 2, Mortal Kombat 2, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Samurai Showdown 2 and Last Blade 2. Lots of sequels, strange.

EDIT: SC2 is good too.

EDIT2: Also, everyone needs to watch THIS VIDEO. Keep in mind that one hit from chip/block damage would have killed him.

Jesus H. Christ that's a lot of perfectly timed parry-age. What are they playing? SF III?
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 06:59 AM       
It's SFIII. The parry is actually real easy to pull off, but the fact that he did it that well, under that much pressure, and that one mistake would've killed him, that's the incredible part.

I still get amazed every time he jumps up to parry the air-shot. That part took some precision timing.

fungusamongus is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 07:23 AM       
street fighter 2
mortal kombat 2
killer instinct
that turtles fighting game for the snes was kinda fun when i was a little, but now it sucks
Schwinny is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 01:36 PM       
Mortal Kombat!

Killer Instinct (SNES)

Tekken Series (Playstation)
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 07:30 PM       
Street Figher II... even with the revisions, the original will still hold the top spot in my ass-kicking game heart.

Mortal Kombat.. the very first time I saw this game, within less than a minute I saw the classic Sub-Zero head rip, spine-dangling fatality. I was hooked ever since.

Mortal Kombat II... sequel done right.

Guilty Gear XX... unique amongst fighting games. Truly enjoyable especially in console format as if you actually care about the story, you get a story mode in it.

Smash Bros. Melee... for the old Nintendo fanboy in me that'll never die

Street Fighter Alpha 3... the best of the Alpha series with all the characters we need.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 08:44 PM       
Soul Calibur 2 - Spawn/Maxi/
Street Fighter 2 - Ryu
Fighter's Destiny - Ryuji (it was for n64 but it was fucking fuuuun. If you can find a copy, grab it)
Dark Rifts (first fighting game I ever bought, and the first one I rented for my n64)
War Gods - Maximus

Favorite one ever though is still Mortal Kombat 2. Favorite guys are Sub-Zero and Baraka:D

That was very funny. Well done.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

Old Aug 1st, 2005, 11:50 PM       
Soul Calibur 2- Cervantes
Street Fighter 2- Dahalsim
Guilty gear X- Venom
SSBM- Kirby, Starfox
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 11:57 PM       
Powerstone

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:20 AM       
Yeah, that's actually a really fucking good game. I loved that game but haven't played it in years

Best guy was the goku ripoff or the one that's kinda like voldo.

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 06:02 AM       
oh yeah i also like mace: the dark age or something like that for the n64. it's fucking hard though.
The Wolf
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 04:17 PM       
Huh? Mace was pretty easy. It was fucking cool being able to play as Grendel and the other secret characters too.

Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 05:11 AM       
yeah well i suck at fighting games
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 06:15 AM       
schimid do you have other SF2/SF3 videos? that one was so awesome it made a tear come to my eye :<
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 06:41 AM       
I searched. Nothing else, at least not so amazing. I'd like to see demos from the top fighters too.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 12:36 PM       
I've got one from SNk vs Capcom that's pretty cool, it's called "Basic Combos" and features these guys doing like 27-hit wall combos with characters like Kim and Iori.