Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 10:05 PM       
I've been binging through the Wire e for the last week or so. I'm almost done with season 3 and it hasn't missed a beat.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 06:25 PM       
Anyone watching Walking Dead? I gave up on it after the first season. Is it still as soap operaish?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:37 PM       
Has the 3rd season started yet?
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 12:36 AM       
it starts next week i think (but we have dish network, so i can't watch)

eh, the bulk of season 2 was mostly lame "soap operaish" nonsense, it started getting good in the last few episodes
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 02:08 AM       
the thing that happend with the walking dead was the budget cut so they saved everything for the second part of the second season where shit started to hit the fan

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:50 PM       
I'm over this apocalypse thing. World ends for everyone soon enough as it is.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 01:22 AM       
hell on wheels is pretty awesome too filled with bad ass characters

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM       
I sat for about a half hour hating "New Girl", thinking of more and more reasons to hate "New Girl", thining about iphone commercials I hated and bangs and forced indie wackiness and I even googled "hate z" and it autofilled "hate zoey deschanel", so I can't be the only one annoyed by this phenomenon, yet I was so lazy I couldn't even be motivated to change the channel to something more acceptable. So I laid there and watched "The Mindy Project" and thought about how much I hated that too.

Maybe my sort of fatigue-fueled apathy is what's behind the ratings.
taco loving zombie
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 12:47 AM       
i actually search continuosly for the remote when that show comes on specially since they play 2 episodes back to back here

teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 08:50 AM       
I was mildly disappointed in the new Sunny. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I think that Mac was onto something with the weight gain. Everyone is doing that hollywood-success thing of looking generally polished and prettier since the show started, with the exception of maybe Charlie and Frank. In real life, everyone would be getting older and fatter and uglier.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 11:12 PM       
Also, officially not interested in "Dexter" anymore.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 12:11 AM       
Officially not interested? Or officially not watching?
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 05:03 AM       
Man, I love not having TV. I was watching Quantum Leap until I got sick of the morals, then 3rd Rock from the Sun until they ran out of ideas.

Might watch DS9 next.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 07:34 AM       
Big Bang Theory feels like the bastard child of Third Rock from the Sun and Roseanne.

I'm just over Dexter. I found that out when I was trying to watch the first ep of the new season. I just didn't care anymore, and I didn't bother to finish the first ep or start the second. Also, when you google "Dexter jump the shark" there are like 1,300,000 results.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 11:20 AM       
I feel the same about Breaking Bad. Yeah great the actors are awesome, but when you are out of ideas you need to not run it into the ground ONE MORE FUCKING TIME
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 12:06 PM       
Yeah, I watched the first 3 episodes of the last season of BB and just couldnt get into it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 12:50 PM       
Even if we don't know the exact ending, we all have 10 ideas of how it will play out. The first few seasons of BB never gave me that feeling. I always was in suspense. Then they killed the drug lord and here we are. No enemies that are worthy, just a sad sad mans life.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 01:39 PM       
In what way are they out of ideas? You say that one post then complain that Gus is dead in the next. The show would be awful if he was still alive. And how can you complain that you can predict 10 (Oh gee, only 10?) possible ways the show can play out in its final season? You wouldn't get the last 20 minutes of a film and say "it's so obvious either X will happen, and if not it's one of these 9 other things "

I thought the train heist episode was awful, and because there are only a certain amount of episodes left with limited time to set up new storylines the pacing has been way too fast, but the last three episodes of this run were just as good as it's always been. Anyone who thinks it's any worse now than it was before for writing reasons is forgetting that the show has always been pretty ridiculous at times, like the terminator cousins from season 3 as one example.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 03:36 PM       
Srysly, you are a musician. You can't fathom how 10 PREDICTABLE ideas are a bad thing?

Oh wait, I've heard your tracks. Good job!
Arts & Farts
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 05:31 PM       
Why specifically 10? You could predict 100 things, it makes no difference. The person writing the thing has to predict at least one ending in order to write it. If something that made absolutely no sense happened it would be unpredictable, and it would be terrible, like most of the prog rock you listen to.

Last edited by Krythor : Oct 15th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 06:20 PM       
No no, you're right. That shit sandwich that you are eating tastes yummy. Share it with your friends!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM       
I hear CBS needs a new morning news jingle. You could make hundreds dude!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 01:03 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I feel the same about Breaking Bad. Yeah great the actors are awesome, but when you are out of ideas you need to not run it into the ground ONE MORE FUCKING TIME
What? The actors on Dexter are in no way near the caliber of the ones on BB. I mean, I disagree with your other comments about it, but this one really stood out.

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 09:31 AM       
Yeah, I'm saying the acting on Breaking Bad is top notch.
Arts & Farts
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 12:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I hear CBS needs a new morning news jingle. You could make hundreds dude!
No, you are.