Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 04:00 PM        Psychic W. reveals Kerry's tax 'plans'.
I know it's just campaign BS, but W's claim that Kerry plans to increase taxes by 9 billion makes me mad. W has no idea what Kerry 'plans' to do about taxes, and to say he does is vinthonian abuse of language.

Even if for sake of argument we grant W the idea that Kerry's proposals amount to 9 billion, Kerry has yet to say anything about taxes beyond rolling back some of W's cuts. Suppose (if he were elected) Kerry just folded that 9 Billion into the defecit, the way W. does his spending? Or suppose Kerry just uses different estimates of cost, the way W did with the healthcare bill? That 9 Billion could be, say 5 Billion. He might suggest that he's going to add 300 million jobs in his first year, and that could grow the economy right into a surplus, no need for any tax increases. These are all ideas that W. has made perfectly fair political game. So how can W. claim he has any idea what Kerry plans to do to pay for his programs.

He must be psychic.

Phil the anorak is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 04:51 PM       
Well its the usual crap spouted by politicians when its election time.Incumbents under pressure always say that the oppositions fiscal policy is unafordable

Discover a lost art, play marbles at www.marillion.com
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 08:11 PM       
Wahhhhh! Wh! Wh! Wahhhhhh!
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 08:17 PM       
Boy, that was slick, Raygun. Well-thought-out, full of wit, irony, and most importantly, insight. I applaud you.

If only everyone around here could be as articulate, informed, and fair-minded as you, why, this whole world would be a better place.

I think my favorite part was where you went into a detailed explanation of why you disagree with Max's thoughts, and then backed it with facts and reputable sources. It was a shining example of superb political discourse, and should serve as a beacon unto others. Cheers to you.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:14 AM       
I'm amused Naldo thinks my comment on W's contempt for the intelligence of those who oppose him, and even moreso those who support him is like a baby crying.

I assume that's because this is how he sees political discourse in general, as slap fights and tantrums. That element is certainly there, but to think that's all it is...

Well, no wonder W. holds his constituents in such low esteem.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 06:25 PM       
It's a presidential campaign. Stop being a bitch. Bush has been attacked unfairly way more than Kerry.
Will chop you good.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 06:48 PM       
See, there it is again! Incisive! Poignant! Eloquent and knowledgable, free of ad hominems or fallacious thinking. You'd all do well to learn from Raygun here.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 08:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
Bush has been attacked unfairly way more than Kerry.
Yeah, thank god for Rush to keep things fair and balanced.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:55 PM       
Rush is fair.

Just because you bring up someone's voting record doesn't mean you aren't fair.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 10:05 PM       
I like how we talk about real political issues here in Canada during elections rather than what the other guy ate for lunch in Grade 3.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 10:36 PM       
sspadowsky, are you going to argue against raygun's comment that all max is doing is being a whiny little liberal, or are you going to keep limping up to the chalkboard and writing unfunny posts?

If you chose #2, I strongly suggest you slit your cyber-wrists now and save yourself the embarrasment.
Will chop you good.
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 12:47 AM       
I strongly suggest you back up any of the bullshit you've ever talked on this board, fatass. Until then, shut your hole, as soon as you're done inhaling your two-pound bag of Snickers.

I'm sorry, that was immature on my part.

What I meant to say was that you're a completely useless sack of lard that brings nothing to this board other than unintentional comedy. If you're not too busy feeling up strippers or treating that strange, unnamed medical condition of yours, why don't you bring along something to back up Raygun's "comments," if they can honestly be called that. Because in the interest of truth and political discussion of substance, I don't see whtat there is to say to "Waaaaahh!" or "Stop being a bitch" other than what I already said. Raygun is only slightly more coherent than you, and the fact that you aspire to suck at the level he does only serves to show what an overcompensating closet case you are.

I'm sorry, that was juvenile, too.

What I really meant to say is that your father should have pulled out early, that you are the very embodiment of the stereotypical internet geek; a slob who is so lazy that he can't even be bothered to keep up with his own site, so rather than cut n' paste someone else's opinions there, he does it here. See, one of the many differences between you and me, little man, is that people here know me personally, and know that I can back up what I say any ol' day of the fuckin' week. Whereas you have yet to prove anything you've ever claimed. So why don't you take your cyber-tongue and rim my cyber-asshole, and we'll just call it even?
Old Mar 24th, 2004, 11:43 AM       
Hey! You stop being mean to my friend Vinth! You'll scare him away with your potty mouth!

It's okay, Vinth, the mean bad man won't make fun of you anymore. Now take a little time to pull yourself together, smooth a little ointment or WD-40 or whatever the hell you put on those God awful ugly hives, write a couple more chapters in your weight loss book, shop it around, and when you're all rested up come back and say something really smart and really funny about people being raped by their fathers or Jews getting killed.