Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 03:20 AM        Anxiety Attack
Having a bloody anxiety attack, and I'm the edge of my seat, thinking some shit is going to go down.

Life can drive a person strange at times. I feel that I am on a cliff, with a weight pressing upon my back. One step back and I won't see the grand vista spread out for miles, a breathtaking scene that would bring peace to my heart. One step forward, and I'll be able to see all that good jolly stuff up close, and momentarily, painfully personal.

Yet, there should be a bridge, a swing bridge, like the one in Indiana Jones and the temple of Doom. But this is a bloody cliff, not a gorge... so there is no freaking bridge, just a endless view with nothing for me to continue forward on. Should I take the plunge, and hope this heavy weight on my back is a parachute?

Crap, I hate feeling this way. I am shaking, I keep glancing over at the case that holds my guns. Will those civilized weapons of a barbaric culture bring a serenity to my quaking nerves? A fail-safe against the horrors that exist outside my room?

I find myself thinking of how great it would be if:
a.) China attacks us
b.) Aliens invade us
c.) The dead walk the earth hungering for the brains of the living.

any of those outcomes would keep my mind off this itching feeling of dread that clutches at my heart and soul. With my guns at my side, I shall escape into the mountains, and live happily in a state of hit and run bliss.

Reason injects its logical and smooth argumentive head. None of this shall come to pass. Yet, a boy can't stop dreaming.
Dreaming of flying, of life without worries. Dreaming of a life worth living, not this sad mockery of existance that I am tormented with day in and day out. I am sad. I am joyus! I want to destroy someones life. My life. And rebuild it in shouldof couldof life.
Should of done this, could of done that... now LOOK AT ME! I'm 22 years old and living... well, renting out a room from a friend, and just waiting for the Coast Guard... it is all I do. Wait for life to happen.

Anyone have suggestions of how to find life? I need to replace mine. It has a leak.

This post is now to long. People have given up reading after the first sentence, or word. But I am on a role... I am done.
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 07:22 AM       
i remember getting that feeling when they announced Zelda Wind waker would be cel-shaded.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 10:45 AM       
I had an anxiety attack this week too. It sucked, but I drank it off with some whiskey.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 05:41 PM       
it's pretty much the worst feeling in the world, hope you get to feelin better soon, cant let it get you down and all that...
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 06:00 PM       
it helps if you exercise, david
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 01:04 AM       
exercise actually does help anxiety, and good sleep, and drinking good amounts of water daily ;O Also if you're not eatting alot try eatting more.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 03:39 AM       
I run and excersie often. And drink plenty of water. I don't believe lack of physical activities is what is causing these anxiety attacks.

Edit: I reread it as if I was reading from another point of view... it felt like I was being a annoying braggart, so I changed it.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 03:42 AM       
Edit: Took out more annoying. Delete please.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 01:06 PM       
I read it last night and I didn't think it was bragging or annoying, david, in fact from a medical point of view it was enlightening. Anxiety attacks commonly occur at night, especially late at night after "Exciting" movies and such. A few questions out of curiousity if you don't mind! Do you remember anything from when it happened specifically? For example, was your mouth Dry or excessively salivating? Were you irritable along side the anxiety? What did you eat for dinner that night, and what time did you eat? Was your anxiety accompanied by a lot of fear?
What type of natural body mass do you have? Would it be safe to guess you are thin? Also was their any bodily discomfort when you had anxiety, like indigestion?

Try using chamomlile and mint, those are like general fixit nervine(anxiety is a nervous disorder) things that help anyone regardless of condition. Try drinking it before bed, or whenever you're having anxiety. If that doesn't help and you answer those questions let me know and I can reccomend some other herbs. Using garlic with food also helps.

I can also teach you a meditation exercise that help to remove blockages and enhance gaseous exchange(gases and other things can cause obstructions which cause anxiety, among other problems). Just for general purpose, though, breath deeply into your stomach, when that's full breath into your solarplexus, when that's full breath into the very top of your lungs. The lungs have four compartments, and commonly people only fill one or two which means they aren't doing proper gas exchange(Gas in the body creates alot of problems, that's why the body is designed to remove gas).
If you ever have indigestion or a pressurized stomach-ache try breathing like that, 90% of the time you'll burp and feel better.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
Old Jul 30th, 2006, 03:44 PM       
Well, I was irritable. And just finished a huge pizza with extra grease, which was making my stomach upset...

Edit: I posted this anxiety attack on my blog. And alot of people thought I was thinking of suicide when I refered to my firearms. This is the change I made.

At the time, I was thinking a gun was like a security blanket. You know, curl up on the couch just holding it. It is a symbol of power in todays society. And that symbol has not been lost on me. Guns are to be feared, guns are dangerous, we are taught this growing up. So if I am shaking from nerves, it makes sense to hold what everyone has been taught to fear and respect. Having it in my control makes the night seem less... dark.
BANNED

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 01:42 AM       
Chamomile really helps with that type of anxiety and it soothes digestive problems. Try not to exercise, or eat, at night either. That and the deep breathing(can't stress that enough it also does other things as well) is probably the best you could do if it happens again and to prevent it from occuring at all. Sometimes eatting spicy foods helps facilitate digestion as well, othertimes it may irritate.
There's been some vibe going recently, everytime i walk outside i feel like shit, and sometimes it follows me home.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 02:13 AM       
Quote:
There's been some vibe going recently, everytime i walk outside i feel like shit, and sometimes it follows me home.
Oh yeah, I understand that. And thanks for the info, I'll look into Chamomile
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 09:53 AM       
I had an anxiety attack once. I really had to go and the bathroom was occupied and I was afraid I was going to shit myself.
BANNED

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 12:28 PM       
Cool. Just don't take it in large doses because it's emetic(it'll make you vomit). Also if you mix it with fresh ginger(don't eat it fresh) it becomes "Balanced". Ginger is another general fixit, it greatly improves digestion.

One thing to consider about herbs is they aren't medicine, and aren't nearly severe. They provide kind of a little push, but if you use them in the right circumstances and in the right way all you need is a little push to help your body fix it itself.

If it ever happens again and you remember to try the chamomile and deep breathing(or even if you have indigestion and try the deep breathing) let me know how it works out for you.
Bod is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2006, 05:24 PM       
Suicidal thoughts when suffering from anxiety attacks is perfectly normal. If exercise and a good diet doesn't help, talking about it does. If you get a lot of this, I suggest you see your doctor.