Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 11:46 AM        Come get yer free games in here! (not spam)
i meant to post this earlier but i wasnt sure how legit this was. A couple weeks ago i was browsing the penny arcade forums. it was there that i discovered a gaming website called Goozex. the premise for this site is simple. you send them old games and you get points based on the game. newer games like gears of war would get you more points while older games would net you lower amounts. you use these points to get other people's used games.

here's the kicker. if you sign up before the end of april you get 100 FREE points to spend however you want.

at first i was a little skeptical, but everyone who posted in that thread also posted that they had actually gotten some pretty cool games. i decided to order halo 2, since it was one of many great games that only cost 100 points. on the 14th i recieved an email that it was on its way.

Today, only 10 days after shipping, i went to my mailbox and lo and behold a little brown package was waiting for me. inside was a practically "new" used copy of halo 2.

Some of the 100 point games are

Starcraft
Resident Evil 4
3D Frog Man
Call of Duty 1 or 2
Deus Ex
Doom 3
Morrowind
Far Cry

I've literally just scratched the surface.

anyways, there were many many great Xbox, PS2, Gamecube, and PC games to pick from that only cost 100 points. but i ultimately decided on halo 2 since i have no multiplayer games on my xbox.

here's my referall Link: http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/jo...r=566225199692

seriously,everyone should do this. it's 100% legit.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 12:33 PM       
i referred you. although, i'm not sure how this works and currently don't have time to read it
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 12:35 PM       
damn does it works for mexico?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
zoom
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 12:39 PM       
im not sure, but i think if you cover shipping it would be fine.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 01:25 PM       
This would be great if I could stand getting rid of my games. As soon as I traded them away I'd want to play them again :<
zoom
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 01:32 PM       
the only reason i joined was for the free game. i have no intention of trading in my games. (though i wish i had before i pawned Resident Evil 0, Code Veronica, Star Fox Adventures, and Super Monkey Ball)
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 03:00 PM       
I like the thought, but I'm just not really interested in parting with my old games...

And Canada is probably excluded / extra shipping.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 03:30 PM       
i just registered under you :o
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 04:37 PM       
I'm more interested in systems than games, so if this works as advertised this could actually be a neat thing :o
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 05:12 PM       
I'll be trading in my copy of Oblivion for a cool 600 points and go on a nice spree. This is cool.

Here's mine, I won't put one of them referral links here 'cause it's only fair that Eggyolk gets it, but this is my library:

Under a Killing Moon
Oblivion (360)
Persona 2 (full packaging, though a bit worse for wear)
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 05:15 PM       
Looking around this is going to be a great way to build up my dreamcast library, but it does kinda suck that the DC is the furthest back this system goes. I'd love to trade off some of my current gen games for a ton of genesis/nes cartridges ;<

Also, since $5 = 100 points, this is officially way cheaper than gamestop/eb for used games :o
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 05:56 PM       
I got Neverwinter Nights! :D
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 06:23 PM       
I'm getting Silhouette Mirage!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 06:33 PM       
GOOD CHOICE
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 07:26 PM       
Also, you get the full value of a game if you were to purchase it as you would when you trade it in, as opposed to you trading in a game to Gamestop or something and get $4 and have them mark it up for $20.

Also, also: WTF? http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/it...asp?item=24988

I know Chakan was in dev for the DC, but I don't believe in the slightest that anyone has it.
Level 29 ♂
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 10:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Persona 2 (full packaging, though a bit worse for wear)
I'll give you cash for that.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 10:57 PM       
LET'S MAKE A DEAL.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 01:31 AM       
so I changed my mind about what game I wanted and no good PS1 games are under 200 points

mabye if there were more than 3 decent games for the system they wouldn't be as expensive!
Level 29 ♂
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 01:33 AM       
Which ones are you looking at?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 01:40 AM       
Silent Hill, all 3 original Resident Evils, D (they don't have it, apparently), Grandia, Final Fantasy 7 and 8, SotN (40 goddamn bucks), both Megaman Legends (also ridiculously expensive), Parasite Eve, and Tomba, to name a few!

I could probably trade something in so I've got more than 5 dollars of site credit, but it's late and I don't feel like it now

I'm going to hop on Fathom's cool train and get Silhouette Mirage instead.
Level 29 ♂
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 02:09 AM       
D is pretty hard to find, I think. I was pretty underwhelmed by it, actually. It would've been a lot better on a PC :< But considering it's a PS1 launch game I guess that's forgivable
Level 29 ♂
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 01:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
SotN (40 goddamn bucks)
Does the site differentiate between green and black label games? A green label SOTN can go as low as 25 bucks.

also Fathom I sent u a pm
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 05:02 PM       
$20 wired to my Swiss account, if you please.
was never good
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 05:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Silent Hill, all 3 original Resident Evils, D (they don't have it, apparently), Grandia, Final Fantasy 7 and 8, SotN (40 goddamn bucks), both Megaman Legends (also ridiculously expensive), Parasite Eve, and Tomba, to name a few!
It's funny you mention this, I put up D for PC the other day and it's apparently worth 400 points
Level 29 ♂
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 05:31 PM       
Kingdom Hearts is 800 points if their advertisement is to be believed