Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 19th, 2004, 11:53 PM        How many drafts does it take you to finish a piece?
Or! How many pieces do you do until you have found the "one"?

I have a whole file filled with doodles from MSpaint, nothing more. Out of all of them, I only have one that would be considered a draft, but I hate it. I have a few pencil drawings, but none of them are close to being drafts either. I don't know if I'm alone on this, but I usually like my drawings when they're just left as sketches. Hell, out of all of my drawings I've done recently, only one or two could even be considered a draft rather than a sketch.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 02:49 AM       
That is sort of an unanswerable question for me, because I just draw one image straight and draw certain parts over and over untill that part looks right.
I only completely re-draw something if it is a job, and I present the drafts to who I am drawing for. The number of drafts depends on the employer in that case.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2004, 09:48 AM       
A whole A3 paper with thumbnail scetches to get the structure right. A couple of A4 full paper tests, maybe a little watercolour to clock the lighting and all. Then I solid pencil scetch that was to be good. Occasionally I ink them too. Scan, fire up paint shop pro, and lots of work. Halfway, turn off or delete the pencil layer and carry on completely on digital colour.
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 02:14 AM       
zero

whenever I draw a Pickleman page, I usualy do it all without erasing once, except at the end after I inked it with my awesome crappy pens.

but I did do a school project where I drew my pages on 14x17 paper and I wanted to get it right, so I sometimes had to erase the caracter once or twice to get them right.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 01:24 AM       
that would be one draft