Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 08:46 AM       
I like the idea and design more than the execution.
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 08:59 AM       
I concur. Good idea, not so good implementation. We're stuck with it, though. Mock is such a stubborn asspirate that even if everybody except for him hated it, he wouldn't change it
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:04 AM       
I don't think that would go well on a Cynical BastardTM T-shirt - however if the colour scheme was altered to the shirt being dark blue it would look better. Try experimenting with the colours.

However I think the text looks just fine as it is - not symetrical, not too skewed.

But Rog, you do realise that now you have to get hold of pickle hats and sell them through the website
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:06 AM       
Only thing that might get changed is his chest since other people seem to not like the cartoony ribcage sticking out a lot. But other than that, yes, I am sticking with this logo because I do like it and so do a lot of other people.

For those of you who don't like it, please be a bit more detailed on exactly what you don't like about it rather than just saying "i don't like it". There's still plenty o' time to have this thing tweaked should I find myself agreeing with any of your feedback.

So if you have suggestions/etc for it, now would be the time to make them.

But Rog, you do realise that now you have to get hold of pickle hats and sell them through the website

*coughialreadyhavecough*
Red, dead meat!
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:24 AM       
Well, I already mentioned the colors and third breast as things I don't like. Maybe some kind of marking on the chest would be cool too. An M for Mockery or something. I think you need to model for this, Rog. Go get a green suit, an orange cape, your pickle hat, and your wacky space goggles and let's see how it looks!
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:33 AM       
I think you need to model for this, Rog. Go get a green suit, an orange cape, your pickle hat, and your wacky space goggles and let's see how it looks!

Let's try to leave your fantasies out of the logo development process, ok Carni?

The colors I definitely like and they really stand out just the way I want 'em to, but yes, the emphasized ribcage (which you refer to as the "third breast") is probably going to be tweaked a bit.

As for a logo on his chest, that was something I considered but I feel like his goggles and pickle hat do more than enough to make him stick out. Not to mention there's a ton o' superheroes that don't have chest logos.
Red, dead meat!
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:38 AM       
Look, just stuff a sock down the tights if you're worried that wearing the costume will draw attention to your... lack of superpowers below the belt
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:40 AM       
Only because you've sucked the life out of it. I swear, there is just no quenching your thirst for the jibbly jooce.
Red, dead meat!
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 09:49 AM       
Pffff! There wasn't much juice to begin with. It was like sucking an eye dropper. Considering the amount I was pumping into you, I'd expect a bit more to be coming out the other end!

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 10:00 AM       
I think that his right arm either needs to be larger or the fist needs to be angled more towards the viewer to have a believable perspective. The third tit is a bit of an eyesore. And the mouth could use a bit of re-working.

I actually don't have a problem with the color scheme or site name placement at all, thoguh.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 10:11 AM       
Considering the amount I was pumping into you

You call that pumping? Time to call the plumber there bub, for your pipes be busted. :/

I think that his right arm either needs to be larger or the fist needs to be angled more towards the viewer to have a believable perspective. The third tit is a bit of an eyesore. And the mouth could use a bit of re-working.

I think lowering the fist would be less believable. Raising it slightly higher is something I toyed with, but it was covering up the pickle hat and didn't look as good. The mouth though I definitely like, as about 10 different facial expressions were tried out. The over-confident, happy-guy smile won in the end.

I actually don't have a problem with the color scheme or site name placement at all, thoguh.

Cool, me neither.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 10:14 AM       
Nono, I meant that the fist should be re-drawn so that the front of it is facing the viewer more head-on. As it is, it either looks like it's floating in space in front of the guy, or his arm is tiny for that angle.

As for the smile, I like the expression, it's just that nothing else is a solid 1-pixel-bordered shape. I'd just give one part of it a thicker border so it'd fit with the style better.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 10:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore
Maybe some kind of marking on the chest would be cool too.
Just what we need: ANOTHER logo contest. :/
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 02:49 PM       
I thought his green suit was a monster hand at first.
slavemason is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 03:11 PM       
I agree with Chojin on the arm/fist. The foreshortening or the angle is a miss. Maybe have the arm stick out a little more or something, I really don't know. It makes me think that I-mockery is another comic book site. But then again, I like baby birds, peeps and murder ballads.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 06:53 PM       
I like it. I think it looks fine the way it is. Infact it looks better than the last one. I think you should keep this one, maybe even make a flash cartoon or comic about it.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 06:54 PM       
http://www.i-mockery.net/viewtopic.php?t=1515
Closed Thread