Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 02:35 AM        How's a tall guy supposed to shower?
So the new place we're moving into was built in the 1930s, and while it's awesome in almost every way, like many places out here in California, the shower head is way too short for me. I'm 6'3" and the new one appears to come up to my chest at best.

I haven't moved into the place yet and want to get a decent shower head extension before I do so I don't have to do the friggin' limbo just to wash my hair every time I take a shower. I'm sure there are some other tall people here, so I wanted to know if any of you know of some good shower head extensions.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 02:41 AM       

I kinda like this, so you can hold it over your head. Or just elongate the pipes for the old showerhead
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 02:51 AM       
Definitely would prefer something I can just extend the height of the current shower head with rather than having to hold something in my hands all the time.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 02:56 AM       
just grow dreadlocks, problem solved
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 03:09 AM       
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 03:11 AM       

Yeah, I know its for old people, but at least you dont have to stand up while showering.
if not, just get a plumber to extend the pipes to head level ^^
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 06:19 AM       
I have something like Wiffles posted first, but I never got around to installing the extension pole thing, so I've just been slouching for the past few years.

Don't become another statistic Rog.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 11:10 AM       
I've gotten used to ducking under the showerhead.
You may already be there.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 11:13 AM       
I say go the Flintstones rout and get an elephant.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 11:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
I say go the Flintstones rout and get an elephant.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 11:54 AM       
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 05:27 PM       
the place I'm in now the shower head broke off a while ago and i have to do the limbo all the time

you should get the thing like wiffles posted. Most of them come with like a little plastic mounting thing that has an adhesive on it and you stick it on the wall wherever and it holds the shower head -- so you won't be holding it the whole time. You can just put it at head heighth and itll be fine.

also when you do hold it you can put it right next to your head and it feels really good :O
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 07:07 PM       
I'm 6'5 and I've longed for the day I can afford one of those showers with a head placed high on either wall. I would probably go all the way and have the floor heated and get one of those warm mist units so I don't have to worry about braving the winter months.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 07:12 PM       
Thanks for all the great advice guys, but I'm going with MattJack's solution.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 02:44 AM       
Learn to sweat pipes.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 11:20 AM       
Ah, the manliest solution wins out!

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Stuff
BatmanJohnson is probably a spambot
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 02:38 PM       
Take a seat.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 19th, 2010, 03:02 PM       
I'm sure this is all just an excuse for that grease mop he calls hair.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 02:52 PM       
Man, when I lived in this one place in South Korea the entire tiny bathroom was the shower. Unfortunately, the shower head itself was attached to the sink on a foot long hose that only reached my nuts and lower abs. I spent six months showering whilst slumped on a toilet.

Still, at least I was showering. One time when I was with the carnival I went 17 days without access to a real bath or shower. Used a bucket and rainwater.

So that's three votes for MattJack's solution.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 02:56 PM       
That's because Asians crouch while doing everything.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 07:10 PM       
ONE TIME WHEN I WAS Sent TO A MEXIcAN CONCENTRATION CAMP thERE WeRe NO BAthS OR SHOWerS OR WORKING TOILETS AND IF YOU WANTED TO GET CLEAN YOU HAD TO USE A BUCKET OF WATER AND ALSO yoU HAD TO WeAR SHOES OR YOU WOULD GET FOOT DISEASES
mmm muffins
Old Aug 21st, 2010, 07:25 AM       
yeah squatting is the way to go, who would want your smooth butt cheeks touching the icky icky toilet seat that a million other people used. ( '-')
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 01:01 AM       
http://www.amazon.com/Jones-Stephens.../dp/B000DZHEEC

Remove the shower head, then remove the original shower arm. Put teflon tape around the threading of the S-shaped shower arm and install it where the old shower arm was. Don't tighten it with too much strength because you'll just cause leaks on the inside of your walls. Re-install the shower head, or a better one!

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT