Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 02:13 PM       
I thought both previews were boring
and the opening scene to the expansion was just ok
and the elf chicks voices were annoying me

I wasn't in the best mood last night though, so maybe that's why
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:19 PM       
i just bought mine at best buy. i got a tichondrius action figure and the 10 dollar gift certificate rebate. i have only played a couple missions. pretty good so far. I thought the intro was pretty rad my self. I kinda wished i remebered the wc3 story better...maybe i shoulda played it through again/
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:44 PM       
I just found my first WC3 Expansion secret that's not in the strategy guide. (I got the guide. So sue me.)

Anyway, on the 4th mission, I took my sweet-ass time, which is ballsy since you are under constant attack. And there are some areas you can only access with Blink, such as a Keeper of Storms secret area located near an enemy base. Blah blah.

ANYWAY, towards the northwest of the map, which will eventually be your final destination, there's an area along the right side of the river, the furthest north you can go, where two Naga stand guard. If you kill them, and Blink to the other side of the small gap, you will find an area overgrown with flowers, and a fountain. You will also noticed a creature.

Meet Grank the Rat. Click on him until he blows up, and you get a Talisman of Evasion. I thought it was cute.

n00bward is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:59 PM       
Since I'm a night owl and I was in the area at the time (friends house), I went to Fry's when it opened up at 11:30 PM on Jun 30th, you didn't get any free action figures at Fry's but you did get a signed copy of the game, a t-shirt, and a poster that all the members of the development team signed. I was extremely tired not to long after so I waited until late morning to play it. I'm a good chunk of the way through the Night Elf campaign, as well as the Orc "bonus" Campaign. Which felt more like an RPG then anything for some reason. I've yet to go on Battle.net as of now, but after a couple more days of extensive playing and getting the feel for things, I probably will be.

I have but one last thing to say:
Pandaren Brewmaster
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:51 PM       
I just got it today... I will be playing through the original again, and then going through this expansion with my refined skillz.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2003, 12:08 AM       
Playing on B.net is fun because the new heros aren't that good, but everyone picks them just becuase they're "cool" and I can rape them with the good old dreadlord.

drumaster is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 03:44 AM       
how do you like this game mock?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 04:48 AM       
I just beat the Night Elf campaign. The story started to pick up nicely not long after I thought it seemed flat. The final mission seemed a tad on the easy side, but I'm not complaining. I'd take a more lenient difficulty over brain-burstingly difficult anyday. Besides, it helps keep the focus on the story by not having to be so frantic.

What pisses me off is that there's no idividual FMV intros for each campain. Maybe the Humans will have one at the end, though.

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 12:46 AM       
I completed the entire expansion today.

Be sure that you find the flying sheep that are on fire. You get a bonus ending credits that is AWESOME. heh

I now await the rest of the Founding of Durotar acts to be released. woot

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 12:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
I just beat the Night Elf campaign. The story started to pick up nicely not long after I thought it seemed flat. The final mission seemed a tad on the easy side, but I'm not complaining. I'd take a more lenient difficulty over brain-burstingly difficult anyday. Besides, it helps keep the focus on the story by not having to be so frantic.

What pisses me off is that there's no idividual FMV intros for each campain. Maybe the Humans will have one at the end, though.
Wait until you get to the last Alliance missions. They will bust your balls.

And for the record, there are only two FMVs: the intro and the ending. Oh well, but I enjoyed the game and its story nonetheless. The ending sequence IS really cool though.
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 03:15 PM       
The ending totally kicks the ass of the original's ending. Definitely worth staying up all night finishing the game!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 05:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumaster
how do you like this game mock?
From what I've played so far, it's fuckin' great. But I'm still very early in the Night Elves campaign. I really don't have as much time to play games as I used to, so it'll prolly be a while before I beat the actual game. Trying to beat one level every day or two, that's about all the time I have to spare right now.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 02:16 PM       
I just beat the secret level. I am mentally drained. I am not playing for another 2 or 3 days.

But it rocked. I saw a pretty drawing of pandas.