Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 05:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Great idea! I want to play the Metroid games for GBA and DS. Never got a chance. If you haven't yet try and play the Legend of Zelda games for GBA. I think they are called Oracle of ages and Oracle of seasons. Both are very fun and play just like Link's awakening.
I played those on an emulator once, maybe I should try those again...I also liked The minish cap, the 20mins of it that I played.

Downloading the MAG-Beta now, it has no background downloading which is rather stupid.
Also, I slept 3 hours on my couch, my neck is making those satisfying cracking sounds and I fear (yes, itīs some kind of fear by now) that I wonīt sleep much more tonight...and itīs only 23:27hrs...I really donīt like being awake all night, it somehow terrifies me, this feeling that youīre the only person awake in the whole world...I should just go back to WOW I guess, at least that would give me something to do . Or rather Neocron...man, that was a nice game that no one played...
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 05:37 PM       
I know what you mean about sleep. I had near insomnia for 3 days once because I couldn't think of what the term was called.
drifting in the void
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 05:52 PM       
I wonder what I would do if there was no Internet and no people from other time-zones. It´s really convenient that a whole continent of people is still up when my people go to bed.

Been trying to write some stuff and everytime I try, I notice how limited my english vocabulary really is. Kinda sad really but I guess that´s just normal...

*looks over his shoulder into the darkness of his living room*...the soft whistling of my PC has something soothing I must say...there must be a candle around here somewhere...*goes looking for one*
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 06:02 PM       
Your english is really good actually. I didn't realize you were from Germany for a while. Looking back I should have learned another language besides english. In school you pretty much had to but I found a loop hole out of it and I'm really good at building things now.
drifting in the void
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 07:14 PM       
Being able to create things is a valuable skill in my opinion. I can´t build anything, except if you want to call wrinting stuff "building" something...ah well, I´ve always been better at destroying stuff I guess :D

Concerning the languages, I´ve always been glad to be from a non-english-speaking country. Essentially that gives me one language for free since english is pretty easy to learn after all. I think if you are able to speak english, you´re pretty much set in most of the western world. Okay, french and spanish are pretty handy languages all around the world (thanks, colonianism) but apart from that?

Take german for example. What good would it do an american to learn german? It´s not like you can speak it in that many countries. Okay, it´s probably more useful than learning...hmm...croatic for example or maybe polish.

Funfact: I always feel bad when I speak german in the netherlands. Almost everyone there seems to speak german (with that adorable acent ) but I somehow feel bad about that they understand my language but I can´t understand theirs.

Ah well, at least german is a good shouting-language thanks to Hollywood.

ACHTUNG! SCHNAPS! or simply VERBOTEN! (which doesn´t make much sense all by itself).

Anyway, what language would you have liked to learn, Ghost? If you had the time and motivation. I don´t even know what they offer you over in the US. French? Italian? Spanish I guess...hm.
SKATASTIC
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 07:20 PM       
Spanish would be most useful. French just for the sake of knowing it. I can usually turn think of romantic things to say but in french they sound more alluring.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 07:21 PM       
At the final dungeon in FF4 on the DS. Fucking retarded spike in enemy level is really hindering me, though. I hit points where I bulldoze everyone out of my way, then suddenly reach enemies that clobber me in the next dungeon. And I haven't run from any battles, either. One random battle spawned two huge dragon things that used Icebreath or something three times in a row, wiping out the entire party before I could even do anything about it. I don't know what this game's deal is, but it needs to fuck off and let me beat it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Metroid Fusion is a fucking masterpiece.
Finally, someone who appreciates Fusion as much as I do! :D

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 07:28 PM       
I enjoy fusion.

That was very funny. Well done.
drifting in the void
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 09:22 PM       
I liked Fusion as well *back after trying to sleep - didn´t fucking work*. It was a very nice and streamlined experience. The only thing I didn´t like was the look of the fusion suit.
Banned
jonemere is probably a spambot
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 08:06 AM       
I am playing NFS Most Wanted right now. The game just keeps getting better. I must say, however, I don't actually play that much overall. Less then 5-6 hours a week . Can't wait for classes to be over in a few weeks. I think it is a fabulous game. Every one should play this game.
has a woody
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 04:25 PM       
Got Bayonetta today. Holy fuck is that game awesome. I love how the game gets more and more over the top, and just when you think it can't get crazier, it does something even more retarded. The combat is totally fantastic, and the humor injected into it is really fun.

Way better than Devil May Cry.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 05:33 PM       
Quote:
Way better than Devil May Cry.
That's not saying much!
has a woody
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 06:58 PM       
A lot of people like them. I got bored of the first one. The third one was alright.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 11:08 PM       
i rented the first uncharted is pretty fun but the controls are mapped in an akward way

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 01:20 AM       
After sending my xbox away to be repaired, having it come back broken, then sending it away to be repaired again, only to have it return broken, I caved in and bought a new one. OF course, it's still sitting in it's packaging unopened and unplayed. I should have known.

What's that game 'Dark-something' where you play one of the horsemen of the Apocalypse (maybe) and it's like Zelda (supposedly). I think that sounds good enough to get me back into playing games.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 02:00 AM       
Darksiders.

I haven't heard much about it, apart from it being a cross between God of War and Zelda. I'd say get Bayonetta instead.

Also, kudos to the developers of Darksiders for making a God of War clone where you play a god of war. Maybe it's fun, though.

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 02:41 AM       
Ta.

Everyone keeps telling me to get Bayonetta. It got ten out of ten in a magazine I usually read... but I just hate the look of it. And the look of the main character. I hate her.

I suppose I at least have to try the demo now.
has a woody
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 03:17 AM       
To be fair, they play up her sexuality for laughs. It's not like Tomb Raider where they pretend Laura is supposed to be this super serious chick with gravity defying milk silos and hot pants.

But really, it's all about Bayonetta's awesome combat and crazy setpieces. Definitely try it.

drifting in the void
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 05:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Darksiders.

I haven't heard much about it, apart from it being a cross between God of War and Zelda. I'd say get Bayonetta instead.
I can tell you about it if you want, bought it yesterday for 20 Bucks (thanks Gamestop for buying my old crap nobody wants anymore).

Anyway, Darksiders. I guess itīs what you would call a suprise. At first it feels like a Devil May Cry-clone in terms of combat (all of Danteīs signature moves are there, the stinger, the sword-uppercut and so forth). After an hour or so, the world opens up and you get to venture through big Dungeon-Areas, get specific equipment like in Zelda and fight bosses with said equip - like in Zelda.

Storywise, youīre War, one of the four Horsemen of the apocalypse who has been summoned to earth because the seventh seal has apparently been broken and all of earth is full of angels and demons beating the crap out of each other (looks really nice, they fall from the heavens while punching each others face in and thus become a deadly meteorite :D). And so War does his job: Judging all of Heaven, Hell and Mankind on earth.

But OH NOES! War was summoned alone, no other Horsemen are there and there has been no calling for him. So his Bosses (the balance of the universe) punish him by stripping him of his awesome power and binding a Watcher to him (Mark Hamill) and send him investigating why Heaven and Hell act all Apocalyptic.

So, you run around, you whack the shit out of Zombies, Demons and Angels which all look really awesome. War can collect all kinds of stuff, can transform into a chaos-demon-fire-giant-WTF-thing for a short time, he has Rage-Magic, he can combo around like Dante, glide like Raziel, he later can summon his trusty Horsey to get around faster, and he can exchange the souls of the fallen for upgrades (provided by a cranky old demon who looks a lot like NerīZhul from Warcraft).

There really seems to be a lot to do and to collect. The Dungeons are not just fighting but also have a lot of jumping and operating mechanisms, finding treasure, Artifacts and new equipment.

I played it for around 5 hrs (of 20+ apparently) and I really like it, very nice game that I had not on my radar until last week or so.

Would really recommend it.
SKATASTIC
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:46 AM       
Played the Bayonetta demo and its ridiculous. Fucking awesome ridiculous.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 12:03 PM       
a little advice for bayonetta on ps3 apparently is a really poor porting job it goes as far as taking 6 seconds to pause the game slowdowns in action sequences and a lot of loading times

damn it i already finished uncharted

SANTO el enmascarado de plata

Last edited by darkvare : Jan 6th, 2010 at 06:01 PM.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:42 PM       
I bought LOTR conquest for ten bucks. It's not worth much more than that ladies and gents. If I wasn't a fan of tolkien I wouldn't have kept it in my xbox for more than half an hour, shits fucking repetitive.
has a woody
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
a little advice for bayonetta on ps3 apparently is a really poor porting job it goes as far as taking 6 seconds to pause the game slowdowns in action sequences and a lot of loading times
Shhh! Microshock might hear you!

It's not that bad. The load times are a biiiiiit much, but the gameplay is totally fine and still superb. Frame rate dips aren't at all noticeable when you're actually playing because, well fuck, everything's going batshit insane.

I mean, I did a breakdance on my back (while shooting my new foot-mounted shotguns, of course), spun on my knees (nearly ducking under a giant's swinging axe), lept into the air, made a portal, dove through it, reappeared over the boss, kicked him in the head, struck a slutty pose when I hit the ground, then continued my 600+ combo by shooting him with my pistols and moving towards another enemy, whom I promptly tortured by kicking his ass into a guillotine.

That was level 2.

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:31 PM       
God, I want to play Bayonetta so bad.
SKATASTIC
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 01:01 AM       
I definitely didn't expect the guillotine. Demon got denialated.