Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 06:10 PM        Fucking echo!!!
I was on msn and the configuration thing for audio/video conversations on it popped up and I accidentally clicked next and now my speakers have an annoying echo. I know it's got something to do with the mic settings but don't know how to stop it.

That was very funny. Well done.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 07:56 PM       
When you talk into your microphone can you hear the sound coming out of your speakers?

That's how mine works. Your microphone is always on when it's plugged in. Any sound it picks up will be echoed in the speakers to show that it was received (it talks about this in one of the system configuration windows somewhere). You can mute your microphone when you're not using it using the volume control window.

If that doesn't fix the problem, you somehow turned on a weird sound effect.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 11:58 PM       
I can mute my mic and not hear noises made on it, but I still have the echo
Edit: Nevermind it's back to normal. That was really bad for a moment there.

The Wolf
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 08:03 PM       
IT FUCKING HAPPENED AGAIN!!!!

I can't remember how it got fixed last time either. I know it has something to do with speaker/mic shit but I dunno how to set things back to normal.

Resident Chimp
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 09:36 PM       
Some game you're running is probably turning on some funky sound effect and leaving it on. Or your're going CRAZY
The Wolf
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:38 AM       
I figure it's got something to do with my mic being too close to my speakers when I configured them. I have the kind of mic you described, where it's always on while plugged in and all it took was a fucking voice conversation configuration thing on msn to fuck it up

I can have my headphones plugged in, unplug the mic entirely, and fuck around with the volume levels all I want, but this fucking echo won't go away.

Resident Chimp
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 11:18 AM       
Mute your microphone in your volume settings. Then un-mute it when you need it.
The Wolf
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:46 PM       
That's the weird thing, it was muted but still kept doing that.