Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 03:41 PM       
See, maybe it's me, but I think people will find it distasteful when Bush aminsitration people and lap dogs like Naldo, who even though he knows W is mistreating him still adores him, will look... I don't know...

Just really BAD when they start calling survivor families and firemen 'hard line left wing libs'

It's like saying their reaction is sour grapes.

I mean, I know he's kind of forced to play that card becuase his deck is pretty empty otherwise. I'm not saying waving the bloody shirt isn't effective. I'm just saying it's repulsive. It's like saying all that death and destruction has no more meaning than one of the banners they hang behind W. for his photo ops. That's something that happened to all of us, and people saying only a 'hard line left wing lib' would object are saying they own 9/11. It's somewhat nauseating.
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 06:05 PM       
"9/11 - Never forget" has turned into "9/11 - Exact revenge on every possible involved party"
It's disgusting how far he carries this torch. We've more than matched the body count and affected more families than a few terrorists did on 9/11.

But they're not Americans, so it doesn't count, right?
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 02:22 PM       
what? you mean those brown poor children of the desert who got mauled by freedom-bombs?

why the fuck should they matter?

Spasmolytic is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 02:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
Then you're not middle of the road then are you?

Do you consider Bush a right wing extremeist?
LOL, Bush is a neo-conservative-- take the worst qualities from the right/left and you've got Bush!

SPEND SPEND SPEND, BIG GOVERNMENT! TURN THE BIBLE INTO LAW! no marriages for gays! that's immoral! whats fiscal responsibility? let's go nation-building! yeehaw!
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 02:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmolytic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
Then you're not middle of the road then are you?

Do you consider Bush a right wing extremeist?
LOL, Bush is a neo-conservative-- take the worst qualities from the right/left and you've got Bush!

SPEND SPEND SPEND, BIG GOVERNMENT! TURN THE BIBLE INTO LAW! no marriages for gays! that's immoral! whats fiscal responsibility? let's go nation-building! yeehaw!
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 03:03 PM       
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2004, 08:05 PM       
Its just like that statue of that same exact picture they made where they replaced two fo the white guys with a Latino and Black. Yay
Old Mar 7th, 2004, 05:15 PM       
Harold Schaitberger, President, International Association of Fire Fighters

"The uses of 9/11 images are hypocrisy at its worst. Since the attacks, Bush has been using images of himself putting his arm around a retired FDNY fire fighter on the pile of rubble at Ground Zero. But for two and a half years he has basically shortchanged fire fighters and the safety of our homeland. The fact is, Bush's actions have resulted in fire stations closing in communities around the country. Two-thirds of America's fire departments remain under-staffed because Bush is failing to enforce a new law that was passed with bipartisan support...to put more fire fighters in our communities."

Tommy Fee, New York City firefighter

"It's as sick as people who stole things out of the place. The image of firefighters at Ground Zero should not be used for this stuff, for politics."

Tom Ryan, New York City firefighter

"As a firefighter who spent months at Ground Zero, it's deeply offensive to see the Bush campaign use these images to capitalize on the greatest American tragedy of our time."

Monica Gabrielle, 9/11 Widow

"It's a slap in the face of the murders of 3,000 people," Gabrielle said of the use of images of the removal of the 9/11 dead for political purposes. "It's unconscionable."

Bob McIlvaine, 9/11 Parent

"My son was murdered on September 11th. To argue that using footage of the wreckage of the towers to further someone's political career is 'tasteful' really needs to be rejected outright, and I condemn it."

Tom Roger, 9/11 Parent

"I would be less offended if he [Bush] showed a picture of himself in front of the Statue of Liberty. But to show the horror of 9/11 in the background, that's just some advertising agency's attempt to grab people by the throat."

Abe Zelmanowitz, 9/11 Family member

"It's so hard for us to believe that it's not obvious to everyone that ground zero shouldn't be used as a backdrop for a political campaign. We are incensed and hurt by what he is doing."
Old Mar 7th, 2004, 05:26 PM       
Posted on Sun, Jan. 26, 2003

N.Y. firefighters to protest for aid at Bush speech

BY GREG GITTRICH
New York Daily News

NEW YORK - The weary, retired firefighter President Bush tossed his arm around at Ground Zero days after the terrorist attacks is making a special trip to Washington to plea for help for ailing rescue workers.

Upset that $90 million in federal aid to monitor the long-term health of Ground Zero laborers is tied up, Bob Beckwith will join a silent - but very visible - protest at the State of the Union address Tuesday.