Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 03:32 PM        Music that embarrasses you in mixed company!
This isn't in the music forum because this is an open discussion topic not pertaining to music dorks - it's more of a SOCIETY issue. Also, shut up.

This is also different from the 'songs you're embarrassed to like' thread because that talks about songs that a lot of people like that are generally bad songs.

SO. I thought I'd bring this up because a lot of the music I listen to I consider to be good music, but sometimes involves MATERIAL that is too childishly explicit or has subject matter that isn't appropriate to 'bump' in public. Examples!

Johnny McGovern - Any song by this guy

This guy makes great music, but every single song is about how gay he is and how he's going to have sex with all of the straight guys in the world whether they like it or not. It makes me feel like some sort of HOMOSEXUAL BLACK PANTHER every time I listen to him ;<

Pattendorf - La La La Girl (B-Relack mix) <- LINK

This is really catchy and the original mix is just the chorus over and over. However, the verses are all LICK MY PUSSY FUCK MY PUSSY PENIS PENIS PENIS but they syncopated it really well :< I feel like an idiot every time I listen to it, but I love the song ;<

Also provide mp3s if you can, peeps.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 03:36 PM       
music forum is not where this belongs dude i totally agree with you i know just because you're a mod you think you can get away with this sort of thing but you totally are correct in this case don't think you can't post this here i am stopping you here and now!

also i've never heard of any of those songs so that's probably why they suck so bad! if you're emberassed of your music there should be good reason!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 03:37 PM       
That's why I provided an mp3 you fucker.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 05:03 PM       
SOCCER PRACTICE
tenno is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 05:03 PM       
Vib Ribbon soundtrack. Period.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LjNdIanmOt0

Last edited by Chojin : Sep 21st, 2007 at 08:16 PM.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 05:25 PM       
I was actually driving into Baltimore once listening to Dr. Octagon with a big group of friends, including my new girlfriend of a month, and I'd never heard the first track before. At the end of it, the track starts going UGH, YEAH, FUCK ME, YEAH and I had to shut it off quickly.

I love Savage Garden, but they're very, very gay! I also kinda like Jewel and Fiona Apple!

Pretty much anything by the Ying Yang Twins!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 06:08 PM       
Two or three songs on Elite Beat Agents. It's especially embarrasing to take to school because I play it without headphones, my DS is pink, and the cover of Ashlee Simpson's "La La" is my favorite level in the game. :<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVOOuDD1PCQ
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 06:29 PM       
I can't listen to any music in mixed company.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 07:42 PM       
radiohead.

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 08:08 PM       
CONTINUATION:
I've been trying to get into Danzig this week, and I feel uncomfortable about listening to it with other people around because pretty much every song that isn't Mother feels like it's sending the message "I WORSHIP SATAN AND SO DOES THIS FAGGOT, HAHA."

Also, Whole Lotta Love has a 2 minute part around the middle of the song that's just bongo drums and Robert Plant moaning and stuff, and if I have my MP3 player turned up really loud I always fast forward through that part so people won't think I'm some kind of wierdo.

Aaaaaaaaand since pretty much the entire teen population of Portland is comprised of retarded kids who love shitty punk bands and whatever the hell genre Linkin Park is supposed to be (read: ZBF clones), I always get flak for listening to anything and everything from Michael Jackson to The Beatles to Johnny Cash. I can't wait for everyone around me to grow the fuck up with their musical tastes so I will stop getting the STINK EYE while jamming out to Earth Wind and Fire.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 08:54 PM       
I was playing the Twilight Sad album and somebody said it sounded like Snow Patrol; I haven't played that one since.

The Leonard Cohen album "I'm Your Man" is really good, but has really cheesy 80's arrangements and production, complete with gospel choir backing vocals, which can sometimes be a bit much.

I used to be embarrassed to play the Beach Boys, but of course now I know that is absurd.
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 11:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
Right on.

I will NOT listen to any music in mixed company. But I swear to jeezum Almighty Christ that I'll shoot the next motherfucker that cranks up a Robert Palmer song next to me at a stop light.

But other than that, I'll *almost* listen to anything.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 11:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
Me neither. I've never been comfortable with listening to music I like while anyone else is around.

So I guess the answer to the question of what music embarrasses me in mixed company is my own

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 11:57 PM       
I can't play Enigma in company due to the gracious levels of watthefucksthisshit. I lol'd at the description of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jb12Un0yX4

And, of course, any videogame music I've happened to amass is out of the question.

No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 12:15 AM       
I can't listen to any classic tunes around most people, for fear of getting a "Hay, isn't that the song from Guitar Hero?"
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 12:36 AM       
I heard that from someone at school today. The world is a sad place when more than 3 people hear that question.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 01:12 AM       
jenny rom, who also happens to be kinda ugly for an italian pop star

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sfK8P-YD5BM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1hstsjPMXKI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=V5uYQZOakhs

Last edited by Chojin : Sep 21st, 2007 at 08:30 PM.
was never good
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 04:42 AM       
I'm just going to ADD links to your posts, then!

Also, Jenny ROM is a computer-generated voice, IS.

Last edited by Chojin : Sep 21st, 2007 at 08:27 PM.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 09:35 AM       
AFTERNOON DELIGHT which is about hippies screwing during the day

and

CHEVY VAN Which is about hippies screwing in the back of a Chevy van.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 10:35 AM       
I don't even feel comfortable listening to something as innocuous as the Beatles in mixed company because most of the people I'm with are philistines who think the entirety of the Beatles' discography consists of their boybandish early songs and Yellow Submarine and when I play the White Album they're like what is this shit.
125% 3D
Cfr5 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 03:14 PM       
This song is one of my favorites, but yeah, my family would never wanna hear something like that.
was never good
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 01:46 PM       
I already mentioned Jonny Mcgovern, but he has a new song, so yeah ;<

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wt7pMDuoenI

Probably NSFW, depending on where you work ;<
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 03:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
I'm just going to ADD links to your posts, then!

Also, Jenny ROM is a computer-generated voice, IS.
that is a subject of much speculation, actually! some think it IS computer generated, or at least a digitally altered voice, others think it's the voice of an ugly Italian Europop star. the world may never know!
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 04:51 PM       
Young Marble Giants and Lush cuz they got girl singers

Also rap can sometimes be embarrassing because I am white as milk and people are like "wut r u doing?"
was never good
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 06:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype View Post
that is a subject of much speculation, actually! some think it IS computer generated, or at least a digitally altered voice, others think it's the voice of an ugly Italian Europop star. the world may never know!
Well, we called up the guy behind Jenny ROM when we were getting songs licensed for Neon FM. He told us to talk to SAIFAM about any recordings he's already made, but he also told us that Jenny ROM is a computer-generated voice.

I think Jenny ROM was a modified ADAM voice (ADAM is the computer-generated voice software used in most music).

By the way there's a guy that looks EXACTLY like Retro Kat in that Jonny Mcgovern video.