Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 05:23 PM       
Isn't it hard to remove nuclear weapons, anyways. It's kinda like everyone's got a gun pointed at each other and everyone is trying to convince the others to put them down if they'll put theirs down. It would require a certain amount of trust.

I think Achimp has a good point with the clash of cultures and what one may say is right, might be what another says is evil. But, I think this question has everything to do with morals.

Another thing that no one seems to touched on is the survivors of the blast who faced hardships for their own people and how they were the first ones to face the affects of the radiatioctive bomb. I know that this affect couldn't have been forseen but this might have been one of the most horrible affects of the bombing and should be weighted heavily on the conscience of the US.

Alotta of what anyone argues on this topic has to do with a deal of assumption. I'm not trying to poke at anybody but you can't say for sure that the US would win the war if they hadn't wont the war, and on the other hand you can't doubt that a considerable amount of americans would be saved by not having a mainland invasion. Just how many lives, is the gray area that no one can definative answer to. That's exactly what makes this a difficult topic to argue for either way.

The only thing I keep getting kinda bugged about is where all this information is coming from... Like where did you read about the suit case bombs and where are the figures of how many people were killed in certain invasions and where you can find out the type of technology japanese were making. I know that you can't cite every single bit of information you give, but i get frustrated when I'm either using some of it in a debate and people just shoot it down by asking where it did you get that information, or when some of my points contradict another persons.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 05:43 PM       
http://www.acronym.org.uk/dd/dd19/19nukes.htm

Thats the first article on suitcase nukes on Google. A great place to read about weapons tech and tactics is Federation of American Scientists. Kind of hard to navigate, but thats because it is such a wealth of information.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 06:36 PM       
Quote:
In late September, Alexander Lebed, Russia's former chief of national security, repeated his assertion, first made earlier in the month, that Russia may have 'lost' up to 100 1-kiloton 'suitcase-sized' nuclear bombs.
See, Zhukov said that they made 2 this says 100 now if this was a conversation in real life how could you say either one was right or wrong

I meant more that if your in a conversation and people are just pulling things outta no where and the information might be totally askew and you can't just ask them to them to tell where they got there info from. It's not like there dictating a research paper, but that's not what this topic is about :/...
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 09:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
where you can find out the type of technology japanese were making.
Most of what I heard about Japanese ww2 Tech. was on the history channel. They always have womething about ww2 everyday.

They should change that channels name to just the "War Channel", thats all I ever see on their.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 12:19 AM       
Zhokov I was always taught that it was roughly 11 million people killed in the Holcaust. 6 million Jews and roughly 5 million non- Jews. It even said this in the Holocaust museum thing I went to. Am I wrong? If I am can someone provide me with a link? I hate when people only mention the jews and leave out the 5 million others or more, since I don't know if Zhokov is right or not.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 09:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rorschach
A country, like say, Samoa?
As I live in New Zealand the whole 'Nuclear Weapons' issue occurs everytime we enter into economic talks with the US, granted I just scoff & decry the far-rights attempts to corrupt my fair nation, so my knowledge & opinion is far from accurate & reasonable, but I thought Samoa was covered by the 'Treaty of Rarotonga'; the treaty that created the 'South Pacific Nuclear Free Zone'.

Or did you simply pick the island nation for it's perceived innocuous nature?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 09:52 AM       
This "article" was written in 1997, keep that in mind. After 9/ll the Russians pulled their heads out of their arses and managed to find them all. Except one. My original post was meant to say '200' instead of '2'.

Quote:
6 million Jews and roughly 5 million non- Jews
My Communism makes me recognise all the countries that were attacked by Hitler as part of the Holocaust. THUS, all Polish dead, soldiers and all, and all Soviet dead, Soldiers and all, count as Holocaust material. HENCE, the USA, not attacked by Hitler, does not count as Holocausian.

Actualy, I am bullshiting. This post and the last one.

Only 2 suitcase bombs?!? El Blanco picked it up. 9 Mill Poles?! Why aren't books dedicated to them?!?! They only managed a paltry 5 mill.

Quote:
I find it sad that so many people say this. It will eventually happen. Be happy
This will never happen under the current system. Wars are a natural part of capitalism. This was meant to be my big give away. I wasn't bizzare/funny enough, obviously.
It's nice to see people listen to me when I joke, and ignore me when I am serious. I suppose you all think everything I say is crazy anyway, so I shouldn't be surprised. I'm off to kill myself now.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:04 PM       
I see Glowbelly, thank you. There were just too many hypocritical angles to this question, so I wasn't sure which one concerned you most.

Oh, and I picked Samoa because of its lack of aggressive history with other nations. Good looking out though, as far as hypotheticals go, they were not the best nation I could have named, but they were convenient for the time.

Personally, nations are sovereign powers answerable only unto their constituants as I see it, thus I don't have a problem with any other nation stockpiling biological, chemical or fissionable weaponry. I think every country should have them, we'd have world peace as a result of strategic stalemate - in theory anyway.

Besides, American has broken every treaty it has engaged with the exception of the Space Exploration Pact. That track record alone I think discredits us as a world police proponant.