Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 11:02 PM        mechwarrior reboot
FUCK NOW I HAVE TO BUY A NEW COMPUTER :mad
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 11:03 PM       
of course it'll probably be like 2010 by the time it actually comes out but STILL
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 11:04 PM       
WHAT? I loved Mechwarrior but it sucked when someone else bought the rights, who was it, Microsoft?
OH GOD
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 11:37 PM       
microsoft let the guy who founded FASA get the rights back!
OH GOD
Old Jul 18th, 2009, 11:38 PM       
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/18954/...nix_70709.html
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 07:05 PM       
I haven't played MW since I was about 12 years old, so this thread has inspired me to get Mech Commannder 2, Mech Warrior 3, and Mech Warrior 4 Mercenaries.

What's your thoughts on these games?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 07:31 PM       
I think 3 is completely free. The people who own the rights made it so in order to promote the new game.
OH GOD
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 07:37 PM       
i've never played the mech commander series, that's an RTS right s*ck at rtses. i like 3's control scheme / storyline / game mechanics a little better than 4's but they are both good in my eyes
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 08:56 PM       
I tried the Mech Commanders and yeah they are RTSes. I didn't like them too much but they got great reviews.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 05:34 PM       
Mech Warrior 4 isn't fun at all cause I don't have a joystick
OH GOD
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 07:47 PM       
i played it just fine w/o one :/
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 09:42 PM       
Oh fuck yes. I absolutely was addicted to Mechwarrior 2. This and Diablo 3 are finally giving me a reason to bump my computer.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 06:45 AM       
MW2 Mercenaries was one of my favorite games :O
MrSmiley381 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 10:36 AM       
I just started playing Battletech, the original tabletop version of the Mechwarrior games, and then they announced a series reboot and that MW4 would be free.

I picked the best time to get back into this stuff.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 05:57 PM       
Man, I remember back in the days of Mechwarrior 2; my friend and I were always the Rifleman.
I cannot WAIT for this.
OH GOD
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 01:09 PM       
ok so it looked for a while like this was canned due to legal problems, but recently Piranha Games has been running a Twitter @InnerSphereNews and posting fragments of a teaser image that has the word "LAUNCH" in the lower portion of it, which makes me assume they'll be posting a release date for it soon
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 04:14 PM       
Yeah, there were screenshots and stuff that got splooged onto video game blogs last week.
OH GOD
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 04:46 PM       
ooh do you have any links i could peruse
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 05:40 PM       
Is there a better term for a mechwarrior reboot? like reignition or a re turn on robo term?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 05:49 PM       
I take it back. It wasn't a screenshot - it was a trailer.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ails-approach/

An old trailer, probably above.

See what I did there? Anyway, there are details, at any rate. So have fun with that while I get excited for Hawken.
OH GOD
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 07:34 PM       
yeah i think i linked that video in the fourth post in the thread
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 01:17 AM       
Imma be honest - I've not thought of Mechwarrior in forever, which is apparently the more-than-two years since this thread.

I've gotten super excited for Hawken, which I know I'm gonna dig far more than Mechwarrior.

OH GOD
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 01:35 AM       
is hawken gonna have a single-player campaign

because being multiplayer only is kind of a major negative point for me
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 01:37 AM       
That would be the sticking point. I'd assume it'd have a single player campaign in the same way that Unreal Tournament would. Bots.

At any rate, Hawken shouldn't cost sixty bucks when it comes out, either. I love me some indie games. YOU SHOULD GET BOTH AND PLAY HAWKEN ONLY WITH ME, WILLIE.
OH GOD
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 01:40 AM       
OKAY MAYBE