Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 11:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345 View Post
Once again, I only get games after the DLC is all in one package... and the game is used.
Soooo, this game is sort of a give and take from FO3. They beefed up the levels, made the perks a hell of a lot better, and overall the character growth system is many times more enjoyable to make. However, the core of the game seems to have been diminished: the exploring. FO3's major strength over every other open world game of this kind was how fantastic its exploring was. Every dungeon had a distinct narrative, and there was little crap to discover here and there just for fun.
This game however seems to punish exploration, there is nothing to find. They have map markers to just mark areas in the middle of nowhere with nothing more than a boring dead body to populate it, and the areas that actually do have something only offer a tiny bit of consumables. The only good stuff comes from killing people, so scavaging through refuse is completely meaningless in this game.

Admittedly I've only been playing a about 6 hours, but it feels like they took all the comments and complaints about how to make FO3 better and used them to make a new game, but forgot to leave in all the stuff that was good about FO3 in the first place.
I think you have a point there. When I was playing New Vegas, I didn't really notice the lack of those "mini-stories", like the robot in FO3 that sang lullabies to dead children, because the quests in NW were so much better compared to FO3, that exploring the world was kinda secondary. Still, NW is far superior to FO3, IMO, and i'm pretty sure there is a mod to NW which adds some random locations with some cool shit.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 12:27 AM       
If you have it on hard mode and have to scavenge for food and clean water, scavenging almost becomes required. If you really want to get into the crafting, the game becomes a huge scavenger hunt.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 01:54 PM       
Where do Rex and ED-E go when you dismiss them from your party? They don't seem to be at the Lucky 38 with my other companions, and otherwise I've got no idea where to start looking.

I wouldn't mind without them so much except that even with the Riot Shotgun and Reinforced MKII Combat Armor, Cass gets killed really really easily in high-risk fights, like the Legate clusterfuck at Hoover Dam. I don't want to use another companion because she's my favorite character in the game.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 03:05 PM       
I think ED-E goes to Primm, and Rex goes back to the King?

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2013, 01:07 AM       
my last playthru of this i reverse-pickpocketed a landmine into Benny's pants it was the best :sunglasses
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Nov 30th, 2023, 05:02 AM       
I do not know how many characters I've played this game through with. It and DOOM II are my favorite games, ever.