Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 12:01 PM        US KILLS 300 Militants in 2 days
Which raises sevral questions.

A.) How do we arrive at this count?

B.) How do we acertain which corpses are militants as opposed to gun toting locals?

C.) How many civillians wre killed?

D.) How do we tell who's a militant and who isn't beyond direct visual contact with someone firing a gun at you?

E.) What's our esitimate on the militants numbers? I mean, we've killed lots and lots of militants. If we're being even remotely truthful or correct, at some point shouldn't we run out of militants to kill? What percentage of the populace do you need to have in a democracy before they are not militants? More than fifty percent?
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 02:17 PM       
Questions that need to be answered but do you really expect militants to just run out? They havn't done so in Palestine. And these militants are coming from so many different countries that I don't even know how anyone could make an accurate estimate on how many are left or will be there by tomorrow. The militants will never run out until we battle the ideology they follow

I read that Al sadr's group claimed only about 35 militants were killed.
The truth probaly lies in between those numbers..... :/

Wouldn't gun toting locals be considered civilan casualties as long as they weren't engaging in the battle?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 08:51 PM       
They all have guns though. If I'm packing heat on my way to the Iraqi equivalent of a seven eleven and I get gunned down, am I a militant?

My point is, lets say we get to a point where four fifths of the population is fighting us and the government we installed. Are they militants? What are they militant against? At that point, aren't they Iraqis fighting to to oust an invader? I'm not saying that's what we have here, I'm saying that there has to be some math here where you say it doesn't make any sense to be fighting here. That old "We had to destroy the village in order to save it" math, how close are we to that?
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 08:24 PM       
Quote:
That old "We had to destroy the village in order to save it" math, how close are we to that?
depends who you ask.. I'd say we're way passed that.. but i don't watch fox or believe anything from newsmax etc.[/quote]
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 10:26 PM        Re: US KILLS 300 Militants in 2 days
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Which raises sevral questions.

A.) How do we arrive at this count?
The dead guys without Old Glory on their shoulders...they're probably militants.

Quote:
B.) How do we acertain which corpses are militants as opposed to gun toting locals?
Whats the military equivilent of a CSI unit? You can check ballistics to see when the gun the person was packing was fired, where they were standing etc etc. Also, wouldn't militants have some common equipment other than just the gun?

Quote:
C.) How many civillians wre killed?
Hell, its your story. How'd you find out about the 300 militants?

Quote:
D.) How do we tell who's a militant and who isn't beyond direct visual contact with someone firing a gun at you?
Say what? Maybe its the percaset, but that question isn't registering

Quote:
E.) What's our esitimate on the militants numbers? I mean, we've killed lots and lots of militants. If we're being even remotely truthful or correct, at some point shouldn't we run out of militants to kill? What percentage of the populace do you need to have in a democracy before they are not militants? More than fifty percent?
A shitload of Germans died during WW2 and there was no shortage of them afterwards. And they weren't even importing.

And I'm sure the estimates are a little high.