Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 07:31 PM        New I-Mockery Halloween Article Help!
So I had an idea for an article I want to include in our upcoming annual "Two Months of Halloween" season on I-Mockery and I wanted to poll you guys to see what suggestions you had for it.

The article will be called something like "The Scariest Moments in Non-Horror Films" and I think it's self-explanatory. There are plenty of scary horror movie moments, but what about non-horror films that have surprisingly scary moments. Which moments in non-horror films caught you by surprise?

For example: Pee-wee's Big Adventure is a comedy film, but there's no denying that the Large Marge scene was scary as hell back when we were kids. So that's one thing that I'll be including in the article for sure.

So now it's your turn. Tell me what other non-horror films had moments that you thought were scary and I might include them on the list. And yes, you can make as many suggestions as you like.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you want to keep your suggestion a surprise for everybody else, feel free to send it to me via PM instead of posting it in this thread.

Thanks!
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 08:18 PM       
Sent you a PM with some suggestions.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 08:19 PM       
Oh yeah, I forgot when I was a kid watching Through The Looking Glass, the Jabberwocky used to freak me the fuck out. It's towards the end of this vid.

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 08:30 PM       
I've got a winner

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Give Me Black Summer.
Dommin is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo6a6QaLTU

Seriously. Fucking. Seriously.
Where The Black Planets Roll Without Aim,
Where They Roll In Their Horror Unheeded, Without Knowledge Of Lustre Or Name.

Last edited by Dommin : Aug 7th, 2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Youtube embed didn't feel like working.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 07:04 AM       
Anything from The Last Unicorn, particularly the Red Bull. I'd post but youtube isn't working for me today.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 07:06 AM       
Clearly, My Little Toaster was made to scare the shit out of kids.

That scene with the creepy Peter Lorre fan didn't sit well either.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 02:43 PM       
how about the scene in indiana jones and the last crusade where the guy drinks from the wrong grail

i mean yeah, it's a BAD GUY it happens to, but still

i had to close my eyes on that part every time I watched that movie when I was a kid

also, the part where marion is getting piled on by a bunch of skeletons and then the snake comes out of the skeleton's mouth in raiders, and the part where all the nazis' faces melt off are pretty goddamn scary
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 04:34 PM       
For me, the opening of the ark was horrifying.

That was very funny. Well done.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 04:48 PM       
It was a thriller I guess but the part in One Hour Photo where he is alone in the all white store and his eyes explode out of nowhere.
Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 05:32 PM       
There was a part in All Dogs Go to Heaven when Charlie had a nightmare about going to Hell. I used to fast forward through it since it scared me as a child. Best scariest scene about going to hell ever...
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 10:58 PM       
I used to love that part. Where he is on the sinking boat, right?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 11:54 PM       
That is the saddest movie ever too.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 12:56 AM       
Do you have a clip of that All Dogs Go To Heaven scene I can check out?

Great suggestions so far btw... keep 'em coming guys.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:12 AM       
here it is, but couldn't find one with just the scene... it starts at 2:20 or so.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:20 AM       
Well, I guess I could contribute. This one scared the shit out of me when I was a kid. I remember being, like, five years old, getting up early, and watching the movie. When it got to this part, I pulled the blanket up like a little wuss and didn't leave the couch until someone else woke up and came into the living room.

It's more that entire scene rather than those 13 seconds, though.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 03:14 AM       
oh god seconded
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 03:17 AM       
Yeah, as soon as christopher lloyd went toon, my young mind didn't want to watch anymore. I third that one.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 04:32 AM       
Ha! Oddly enough, I already had that movie on my list, but I had Judge Doom killing the cartoon shoe instead of Lloyd's eyes bugging out. I mean, the damn thing looks like it's bleeding for chrissakes when he puts it in the dip!

(start it around 2:30)
The Wolf
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 04:50 AM       
That whole movie probably messed a lot of kids up. I know that, for me, Doc Brown was always a little bit menacing because of Judge Doom

Edit: How 'bout this? I think the little girl in the painting disturbed me more when I saw it, but there was also that scene with the witch trying to lure the boy (with the same name as me) out of the tree.

The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 05:15 AM       
Labyrinth used to freak me out as a kid also. Fucking weird david bowie and his strange creatures.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 02:01 PM       
Pent reminded me

I was also gona include the elctroshock part, but I couldn't find it.
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 02:09 PM       
Return to Oz was all kinds of fucked as a kid. The Neverending Story was pretty bad also.