Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 08:05 PM        2008-09 NHL Season Thread
Might as well start this one off ....

Two things - what about the playing of regular season games in Europe to start the season? Ranger and Penguin fans might be a little ticked off, but I guess I see the point. After all, Bettman is all about spreading the word and generating more revenue, and Hockey isn't exactly a household sport in the USA - despite what Sarah Palin might think.

Thing 2 - how about the Russian Ranger prospect Cherepanov dropping dead during a game (?) in Russia at the tender age of 19. WTF? Anyone have any more info on this one?
You may already be there.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 10:58 AM       
I've only watched one game thus far (Maple Leafs at Red Wings) and just found out about the Russian kid. Should be a good season, though. I don't see the Wings or the Penguins going back to the Stanley Cup Final.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 11:15 AM       
I DO

WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WINGS WIGS WIGS WIGS WIGS WINS

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 11:21 AM       
I DO

WILD WILD WILD WILD WILD WID WID WID WINS
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 06:11 PM       
Looking forward to the outdoor game this year between the Blackhawks and Red Wings.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 14th, 2008, 11:16 PM       
During the Flyers-Pens game, the radio color commentator (Chris Therien) kept calling Crosby "Cindy" - I was thinking of you, WhiteRat.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 01:07 AM       
I have that effect on people.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 02:33 AM       
I'm rooting for Canadiens this season. Hopefully they get to the finals so Koivu could become the first european captain to hoist the cup.
I'm also hoping for Ducks, Wild and Sabres to do well. Too bad ducks aren't doing so good at the moment :<

Last edited by RaNkeri : Oct 16th, 2008 at 09:25 AM.
Beloved Cunt
Old Oct 17th, 2008, 09:18 PM       
The Wild won their first three games and the Marian Gaborik saga hangs overhead. Some betting site had the odds that Gaborik gets traded at 7-2.
Fucking Finland
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 03:20 AM       
Hurrah, Ducks had their first win this season
Beloved Cunt
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 03:43 AM       
Wild win 1-0 in OT over the Barry Melrose mullet led Lightning to remain undefeated.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 11:15 PM       
Still waiting for the Flyers to win a game.
Beloved Cunt
Old Oct 22nd, 2008, 02:04 PM       
Gaborik turned down an $80 million deal and has supposedly asked for a trade. It's a lot of money for a guy who is oft injured but why the hell would you turn that down?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 07:09 PM       
Sabres got thwomped by Ottawa last night
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 29th, 2008, 10:34 PM       
And the Flyers finally won a few games, and now are only in next-to-last place.

Rangers are playing out of their minds. It's still early, though.
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 3rd, 2008, 03:20 PM       
I can root for the Rangers now that Avery is gone.
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 05:02 PM       
Avery was one of my favorites while he was there. I kind of miss him but I can see where his style does mesh with the rangers new game. I am very upset about them not making room for Shanahan though...maybe I'm just so used to the rangers giving large contracts to old men now that they are doing the right thing it scares me.
Beloved Cunt
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 10:39 PM       
Cal Clutterbuck scored two early goals and the Wild held off the Caps 4-3. The Wild were up 4-0 and appeared to completely give up on trying for the shutout as the Caps scored three quick goals with only minutes remaining. WTF.
Fucking Finland
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 03:36 PM       
I don't care as long as they keep winning
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 05:19 PM       
I was thrilled when the Blue Jackets beat Montreal in that shootout with a brandnew pinkbottomed goalie. That made my day.

I hope they similarly embarrass Detroit on Friday.
Beloved Cunt
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 11:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
I don't care as long as they keep winning
I bet you loved the hot and heavy Backstrom-on-Backstrosm action, too.
Fucking Finland
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 03:16 PM       
So what do you guys think of Canadiens leading in all six Eastern Conference's All-Star game positions?

Pretty cool, but I can't help thinking that this is partially fixed to honor their 100th season
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 26th, 2008, 10:29 PM       
I call hacks.

Went to the Sabres game tonight. So glad they finally won again!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 28th, 2008, 10:30 PM       
...dammit, Pazzy.....

....but I still wub you.

Last edited by Kitsa : Nov 29th, 2008 at 09:11 AM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 06:20 AM       
So what exactly did Sean Avery call his ex girlfriends to get suspended indefinitely? I have a few creative ideas, but I am curious what was the exact word used.

Article here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...averysuspended