Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

O HAI!!!!!!
Location: That shadow behind you? yeah its just a shadow dont be paranoid.
brokensaint82 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 08:05 PM        Underrated games in history?
What would be the most underrated game in history according to you? for me it would have to be Deja Vu for the NES. It had a good storyline the interface was rough for the nes controller but if you get a ROM and use the mouse it works perfect and the dialouge is just funn in that 40 detctive camp way
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 08:09 PM       
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3819

It was only halfway down the first page. Please be more observant.

This does count as harassment. Please report me.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 30th, 2008, 10:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Welcome to the other end of the spectrum. Wipe your feet and leave you simple-brained opinions about consoles at the front door. And yeah, this thread's been done in the past. But why bump a thread I might not be able to find?

Kingdom Hearts. People immediately see Disney stuff, and treat it like a SARS outbreak. This is one of the most fun games in the universe, with gameplay reminiscent of Secret of Mana, but with a ton of additions. Some nice side-quests and uber-bosses are in there too. Everyone must play it.

Harvest Moon. Farming sims. Seem boring, but they're highly addictive. There's so much to do, that you can play through over and over (if you have the patience) and advance the game however you want. Grow whatever crops, get whatever animals, whatever additions to your house, even whatever wife you may want. It's incredibly fun. Save the Homeland stands as the odd-one-out, simplifying the gameplay and giving you a shorter time frame. But it's still fun.

SOCOM. The headset alone makes this game incredibly fun. Talking to your fellow soldiers and receiving messages on your mission is really good. A very strong use of stealth, and varied landscapes and missions make this game worth at least renting (but you won't get a headset that way). Online has gone to shit, with so many people finding ways to use game-alterring devices. But if you can still find some honest players, online play is just as much, if not more, fun.

WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth. I was never interested in wrestling until I checked out the shows after playing Smackdown 2. Now, I hate WWE TV because it sucks donkey balls, but that doesn't make the games any less fun. In other words, it's not all that much of a niche title, appealing only to wrestling fags (not unlike the Tony Hawk series).

Season mode is a little bland, and sometimes annoying. But there's nothing more fun than gathering FIVE friends (you'll need a second multi-tap), and duking it out in one of several gimmick matches, or straight-out wrestling matches. Lots of things are lacking, but the fun that can be had by talking shit to your friend as your wrestler wails on his with a chair outweighs them all. And the ENDLESS possibilities with Create-A-Wrestler is just the icing on the cake. Wanna have your crazy made-up midget wrestle The Tick? Done, and done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland View Post
Good call on Harvest Moon, STH sucked imo though. Can't wait for the new ones.

hmm underrated.... Off the top of my head Front Mission 3, Ogre Battle 64, Mischief Makers, and Tribes 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi View Post
Mischeif Makers, FFT ( I know dosens of people who have never heard of it ), and Threads Of Fate ( I don't know anyone else who has ever even heard of this game ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurodo View Post
Yeah, Mischief Makers. Barely anyone has heard of that game. It was fun. And Harvest Moon too. No one understands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat View Post
Animal Crossing. I know all it is is buying a house, paying it off, and living in a town, but DAMN IT, ITS FUN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtest View Post
Rez (DC/PS2), Alex Kidd in Miracle World (SMS), Wonderboy (arcade version), Phantasy Star series (Genesis - excluding PS3)and Sanitarium (PC).
Quote:
Originally Posted by HickMan View Post
Terranigma, and Eternal Darkness.
TERRANIGMA that game was great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Illusion of Gaia, The Haunting, Ranger X, Blood, Zombies Ate my Neighbors. That's only a few but I'll remember more later.

I also agree about harvest moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generator86 View Post
Einhander
Quote:
Nobody knows about Einhander for the very reason that it sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
Zombies Ate My Neighbors was a great game. I never beat it becase I didn't like using passwords. That last boss was that huge skull, it was fucking badass.

Has anyone ever heard of Ultimate Stuntman on NES? The game is great.
Quote:
Another good game no one knows about is Kid Chameleon(sp?)

Me and my friend could never beat the last boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundtest View Post
Gunstar Heroes
Quote:
I LOVED THAT GAME SO MUCH

I wish I didn't get rid of my genisis. I hate myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAdventure View Post
I've never really heard of Gunstar Heroes as being underrated, it's mostly just forgotten about in that "everyone had an SNES then" way.

I suppose ROGUElikes are very underrated as a whole, especially for being fucking free and very available. Go out and try some you pussies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Way to be good at being FUCKING WRONG.

What the hell is fun about the game? Once I finished all the mindless tasks of Tom Nook, there was nothing left to do. I walked around and talked to residents, but they weren't helpful. I knew I was missing something so I went to GameFAQs (or GameFAGs) and asked what I was doing wrong in the game and what there was left to do and the response I got was "find seashells, fish, and bugs and sell them for money". It was that moment that I knew the game was complete crap and I took it back to Blockbuster the next day.

My friend has been playing it since she got for Christmas, and she says it's as fun as ever.

I don't know if I'm out of my mind or the rest of the world is.

By the way, EarthBound is very underrated and one of the best RPGs EVAR.
Quote:
Crusaders of Centy and Beyond Oasis. Those games made the Genesis. Not Sonic. These games were the best for their time if you ask me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom View Post
Chameleon Twist
Goemon 64
FFT
Nosferatu
Bushido Blade
Ehrgeiz

All wicked fun. NO ONE LIKES CHAMELEON TWIST. WHY??
Quote:
I lurv Chameleon Twist :o

I never did beat it

Oh yeah, and another awesome game no one knows about is Brave Fencer Musashi. I loved that game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I have the demo of that game on the disc that came with my Playstation.

It was fun, but I couldn't find the actual game anywhere.
Quote:
It was really really fun

But I sold it to buy some other gay game. I hate myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I think you meant Crusader of Centy
Quote:
Anyway, it dosn't matter. That game was underrated. I would rather play Crusaders or Centy or Beyond Oasis any day of the week against any sonic game.
Quote:
Megaman Legends was kinda underrated :/.

I know a lot of people who didn't like it though . I loved it . The 2nd one wasn't too good though .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Waste View Post
Here are the games I really love that I don't feel get the credit they deserve for not sucking:

Hunter: The Reckoning
Illusion of Gaia
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy Legends 1, 2, and 3
Final Fantasy Adventure
Actraiser
Eternal Darkness
Final Fantasy 9
Harvest Moon
WWF No Mercy
Commando for NES (not Bionic Commando that was gay )
Lufia I and II
Mario RPG
Rock n' Roll Racing
Arcana
Wanderers from Y's
Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask
Paper Mario (Fuck you. Yeah, it was easy and stupid, but it was fun )

And I wouldn't call Animal Crossing underrated. Even though I hated it, so many people love it so much that I don't think it can be called underrated.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 03:07 AM       
You Deja Vu for the NES was a port, right?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 31st, 2008, 03:46 AM       
yeah more like deja vu for the macintosh