Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 12:36 PM        Evanescence - The Open Door
I'll admit, I got fairly sick of Evanescence because of how often I heard their songs on the radio when driving in the car, on various movie soundtracks, etc etc. But I guess that's what happens when an album goes über-multi-platinum.

I wasn't really expecting much from their follow-up album after having heard that their guitarist left. Sure, I knew her voice would sound good, but musically, I figured it had a good chance of being a flop. I'm actually surprised to say that it's pretty good. The first half of the album is a bit weak (which includes that first single of theirs, "Call Me When You're Sober"), but the 2nd half is filled with some extremely good songs. So yeah, while I doubt it'll pack the same chart-topping punch that the first one did, it's a solid follow-up to an album with a success that was basically impossible to follow-up.

Stand-out tracks would have to be "Like You", "The Only One", and "Lacrymosa"

Anybody else heard it yet?
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 02:56 PM       
I can't wait to hear it the next time I walk through Walmart :/
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 11:00 PM       
Yeah Im gonna try to get it. I loved fallen so Im expecting alot out of this one. I really didnt like My immortal which they played the crap out of here in B-town, but Everybodys Fool I really liked.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 04:16 PM       
I don't understand the fuss with the first Evanescence album. It had maybe two decent songs.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 04:31 PM       
In all honesty, some of their best songs are the ones that came out before their first major label album. I have 'em all on mp3 somewhere and the writing was really good. They have like 30 old songs that most people have probably never even heard. Dunno if they'll ever release them on their new label or what. Wouldn't surprise me if it's all tied up in legal issues...
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 12:53 PM       
Amy Whatsherface has a great voice, but I think the music is dull and over-processed. Nothing unique about it at all. Based on what Rog says, I'm sure their music got punched up by some douchebag producer. They should start setting up bear traps in the studio before producers show up.
Grislygus' best friend
Azrael is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 01:24 PM       
This band gets sooo much undeserved credit. Bands like Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation have been making stuuf like this for years and do it way better. All Evaneseencnenenenen did was dumb down the formula for dumb Americans who prove time and time again to have no fucking taste in music. I hate the music industry these days, I can't believe this garbage sold 400,00 copies in it's first week. That's 400,000 people that should be sterilized.

An honest review of this album:
Quote:
The fat fuck who wrote the songs on their debut quit the band because he got sick of fellow fat fuck Lee acting like a cunt and hogging up all the spotlight, and probably eating all his twinkies. So the question about this record was could they write another album that makes obese Christian goths cry in their bedrooms while shoving ho-hos down their lard lined throats? Yeah, it sounds exactly the same. If you’re a pathetic waste of stretch marked flesh who liked songs like “Going Under”, “My Immortal” and “Bring Me To Life”, you’ll love “You Never Call Me When You’re Sober” and “Good Enough”. They’re shitty whiny songs for big fat cunts who can’t understand why they give out so much head but none of the men want to be seen in public with their big fat asses. They also make me want to go on a killing spree. If there was a goth one room school in upper Pennsylvania, I’d go in there, line all the women against the chalkboard and shoot them execution style as retaliation for this bullshit. It makes me long for the days of the Lillith Fair
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 03:23 PM       
edgy
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 05:18 PM       
Well, Lacuna Coil also sucks. I haven't really listened to Within Temptation for years, but they were alright back in the day.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 05:26 PM       
I despise evansence
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 11:47 PM       
I named my old radio evanescence.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 08:00 AM       
Evanescence is really quite not very good at all. It is just so very very bland it hurts.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 04:05 PM       
evenescense is like having a fight with your parents.