Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pharaoh is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 05:11 PM        Enough lessons from these reactionary bigots!
The European fightback against reactionary Muslim bigots has started. I'm buying Danish.

'SixÂ*European newspapers have reprinted controversial cartoons of the prophet Muhammad which have provoked outrage, trade boycotts and threats of violence towards DanesÂ*after they were first published in a Danish paper.

Under the headline "We have the right to caricature God," a struggling French tabloid today reprintedÂ*all 12 of theÂ*cartoons first printed by Jyllands-Posten, a right-of-centre Danish broadsheet last September.

See cartoons here

In an accompanying commentary, the editor of France Soir, which is in financial difficulties and has a readership of around 60,000, said he would never apologise for the decision to publish. Serge Faubert wrote: "Enough lessons from these reactionary bigots!

"There is nothing in these incriminated cartoons that intends to be racist or denigrate any community as such. Some are funny, others less so. That’s it. That is why we have decided to publish them," he added. "No, we will never apologise for being free to speak, to think and to believe."'

Link here
imported_I, fuzzbot. is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 05:39 PM       
You're falling behind, crybaby. They've already talked this through.

A week ago this was so hot that they almost kicked the Danish ambassador out of one of the countries, I think it might've been Kuwait? Somewhere in the Arabian Gulf.
Quote:
I'm buying Danish.
Yawn.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:01 PM       
This is from todays news, you idiot. Have you actually read the story? Six more newspapers have printed the cartoons today. As usual you're talking out of your arse fuzzbot, and if you've nothing to say about it, then don't say anything.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:11 PM       
When the streets go quiet it mean something wrong Im standin on a corner sippin on something strong I like it like that fuck u I gotta pound my fuckin head with a hammer to keep me calm I like it like that so fuck u bec I like it like that fuck yall many hate on me but I m the greatest asshole just keep talkin cuz I like it like that so fuck u fuck yall what u gonna do fuck u bec I like it like that I say fuck all of u man cuz I like it like that
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:36 PM       
How exactly are you "buying danish" (assuming you didn't run to the baker and pick up a dozen danishes, lol) and how do you think supporting the Dutch economy in general helps a Dutch newspaper in specific?

These cartoons are pretty lame, and yeah, a couple of em are racist carictures of Arabs, but so what? Is this something only Dutch cartoonists are doing? Can't you pretty much see the same thing in Newsweek?

Reactionary is a great word to describe both sides of this "issue".
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
This is from todays news, you idiot. Have you actually read the story? Six more newspapers have printed the cartoons today. As usual you're talking out of your arse fuzzbot, and if you've nothing to say about it, then don't say anything.
That's fucking bullshit, the cartoons were printed LAST MONTH. It's not my fucking fault if your sources are a month behind in WORLD NEWS.

Look at the date on this thing you pathetic ugly piece of mothershit:

Published 06.01.06

Quote:
The Arab League's indignation about drawings of the prophet Mohammed lead Foreign Minister Per Stig Møller to contact the organisation's secretary general

Foreign Minister Per Stig Møller spoke by telephone to Amr Moussa, the secretary general of the Arabic League, on Thursday in an attempt to ease tensions between the Muslim world and Denmark.
The two agreed that the decision by Jyllands-Posten to publish 12 caricatures of the Muslim prophet Mohammed should no longer cause friction between the two, national broadcaster DR reported.

'We agree that this matter needs to end,' Møller said.

Møller contacted Moussa after the league expressed their 'surprise and indignation' over the Danish government's reaction to the protest of both Danish Muslims as well as Muslim ambassadors in Denmark.

In addition to agreeing to end the controversy, Moussa also accepted the Danish position that while there needs to be mutual respect between religions, that politicians should not get involved in what the media chooses to publish.

The publishing of the caricatures in September resulted in demonstrations by Muslims, who believe it to be blasphemous to draw Mohammed.

The situation led a group of Muslim ambassadors to request a meeting with Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen to discuss the tone of the debate over Muslims in Denmark. Rasmussen refused to meet with the ambassadors, stating that he had no influence over the press.

As news of the drawings and Rasmussen's reactions spread in the Muslim world, the prime minister and Denmark have been heavily criticised by Muslims for failing to take action.

In his New Year's address to the nation, however, Rasmussen sought to express his understanding for the Muslim point of view.

Rasmussen's olive branch, as well as a decision to translate
Try to prove me wrong NOW, you fucking dick.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:40 PM       
Here's more for our resident retard:

Jyllands-Posten Mohammed as a Cartoon Hero -
Posted by Felis in Felis, News, Islam (Sunday January 1, 2006 at 5:15 pm)

LINK.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
How exactly are you "buying danish" (assuming you didn't run to the baker and pick up a dozen danishes, lol) and how do you think supporting the Dutch economy in general helps a Dutch newspaper in specific?

These cartoons are pretty lame, and yeah, a couple of em are racist carictures of Arabs, but so what? Is this something only Dutch cartoonists are doing? Can't you pretty much see the same thing in Newsweek?

Reactionary is a great word to describe both sides of this "issue".
This is their dumb way of 'supporting' Denmark.

Like the blog I posted a link to said:

Quote:
Let’s support our Danish friends, let’s buy Danish!!

Yes, this is again about the Jylland-Posten cartoons. Muslims call for Boycott of Danish products to punish Denmark for those famous cartoons depicting Muhammad (published by Jylland-Posten well before last Christmas).
I guess they're all running around buying Danish milk and flip-flops hoping it'd save the fucking economy. Denmark lost about 5 million so far, and that's just from the boycotting of dairy products. We'll see what happens when they've literally removed everything Danish from the shelves. OH NOES.

HOLLA' AT YOUR FRIENDS.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:53 PM       

at the virgin one

Which one of these have pictures of god and/or muhammad?
Mocker
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 06:58 PM       
Yes, but Americans are MUCH better at making fun of Arabs. They're just getting all pissy at Denmark cuz Denmark is a military pipsqueak, doncha think?
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by I, fuzzbot.
Quote:
That's fucking bullshit, the cartoons were printed LAST MONTH. It's not my fucking fault if your sources are a month behind in WORLD NEWS.

Look at the date on this thing you pathetic ugly piece of mothershit:

Published 06.01.06

Quote:
The Arab League's indignation about drawings of the prophet Mohammed lead Foreign Minister Per Stig Møller to contact the organisation's secretary general

Foreign Minister Per Stig Møller spoke by telephone to Amr Moussa, the secretary general of the Arabic League, on Thursday in an attempt to ease tensions between the Muslim world and Denmark.
The two agreed that the decision by Jyllands-Posten to publish 12 caricatures of the Muslim prophet Mohammed should no longer cause friction between the two, national broadcaster DR reported.

'We agree that this matter needs to end,' Møller said.

Møller contacted Moussa after the league expressed their 'surprise and indignation' over the Danish government's reaction to the protest of both Danish Muslims as well as Muslim ambassadors in Denmark.

In addition to agreeing to end the controversy, Moussa also accepted the Danish position that while there needs to be mutual respect between religions, that politicians should not get involved in what the media chooses to publish.

The publishing of the caricatures in September resulted in demonstrations by Muslims, who believe it to be blasphemous to draw Mohammed.

The situation led a group of Muslim ambassadors to request a meeting with Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen to discuss the tone of the debate over Muslims in Denmark. Rasmussen refused to meet with the ambassadors, stating that he had no influence over the press.

As news of the drawings and Rasmussen's reactions spread in the Muslim world, the prime minister and Denmark have been heavily criticised by Muslims for failing to take action.

In his New Year's address to the nation, however, Rasmussen sought to express his understanding for the Muslim point of view.

Rasmussen's olive branch, as well as a decision to translate
Try to prove me wrong NOW, you fucking dick.
You've really shown how stupid you are this time bigmouth. Don't you ever read newspapers or watch the news? This is the latest development in the story, it's been on the news here all day.

The six newspapers republished the cartoons today to show that they are not going to be dictated to by Muslim bigots.

This is today's Times online:
here

Middle East

Times Online February 01, 2006

A Palestinian militant in Gaza with a makeshift Danish flag defaced by a black foot (PATRICK BAZ/AFP/Getty Images)
Six newspapers reprint Muhammad cartoons
By Sam Knight and agencies

SixÂ*European newspapers have reprinted controversial cartoons of the prophet Muhammad which have provoked outrage, trade boycotts and threats of violence towards DanesÂ*after they were first published in a Danish paper.

Under the headline "We have the right to caricature God," a struggling French tabloid today reprintedÂ*all 12 of theÂ*cartoons first printed by Jyllands-Posten, a right-of-centre Danish broadsheet last September.

The coverage ranÂ*across pages four and five of this morning's edition with an editorial that defended the freedom of the press.

"The publication of 12 cartoons in the Danish press has shocked the Muslim world for whom the representation of Allah and his prophet is banned," the newspaper said. "But because no religious dogma can impose its view on a democratic and secular society, France Soir publishes the incriminated cartoons."

For its front page, the newspaper even commissioned its own image, showing a peeved Muhammad sitting on a cloud with Buddha, a Jewish God and a Christian God, who says: "Don’t complain Muhammad, we’ve all been caricatured here."

Meanwhile the German daily newspaper Die Welt today printed one of the cartoons on its front page todayÂ*- aÂ*drawing of the prophet wearing a turbanÂ*in the form ofÂ*a bomb about to explode.

"Democracy is the institutionalised form of freedom of expression. There is no right to protection from satire in the west; there is a right to blasphemy" the paper said in an accompanying comment piece.

The Berliner Zeitung also reprinted two cartoons as part of its coverage of the controversy. Italy’s Corriere della Serra and La Stampa, and
Spain’s Catalan daily El Periodico also published some or all of the images.

In an accompanying commentary, the editor of France Soir, which is in financial difficulties and has a readership of around 60,000, said he would never apologise for the decision to publish. Serge Faubert wrote: "Enough lessons from these reactionary bigots!

"There is nothing in these incriminated cartoons that intends to be racist or denigrate any community as such. Some are funny, others less so. That’s it. That is why we have decided to publish them," he added. "No, we will never apologise for being free to speak, to think and to believe."

There was no immediate reaction to the cartoons from the French Council of the Muslim Faith (CFCM), a body set up to represent France’s 5 million Muslims. With its strict separation of church and state, France has been the setting for vituperative religious controversies in the past. The Interior Minister, Nicolas Sarkozy, is closely associated with a 2004 law that prohibited the wearing of Muslim headscarves, Jewish skullcaps and prominent Christian crosses in secular state schools.

The images, which were the result of an offer to Danish cartoonists to depict Muhammad as they imagined him, have drawn thousands of Muslims out into the streets of the Middle East. This week, crowds in Gaza City burned Danish flags and images of the Danish Prime Minister, Anders Fogh Rasmussen, and fired guns into the air.

Similar protests took place today in Baghdad and in Yemen, where the Danish Red Cross has already withdrawn aid workers because of threats against its staff. Threats have been made to harm Danish citizens in Muslim countries.

Saudi Arabia has removed its ambassador in Copenhagen because of the cartoons. Libya has closed its embassy altogether. The governments of Qatar and Iran have lodged protests.

Islam forbids portrayals of Muhammad because they are considered idolatrous. One of the offending drawings shows Muhammad's turban as bomb with a lit fuse. In another he turns suicide bombers away from heaven because "We have run out of virgins".

Danish Muslim groups, some of which were responsible for publicising the cartoons in the first place, have since tried to calm the furore. Although neither Jyllands-Posten and Mr Rasmussen have apologised for printing the images, prominent imams in Copenhagen said yesterday they were shocked by the extent of the protests, which have let to widespread boycotts of Danish goods across the Middle East.

Arla Foods, Europe's largest dairy group which is headquartered in Denmark, said today it was losing 10 million kroner (ÂŁ916,000) a dayÂ*because of the boycott. The world’s biggest maker of insulin, Novo Nordisk, has also been hit after pharmacies and hospitals in Saudi Arabia refused to offer its products.Â*

You're wrong, moron.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:09 PM       
You're still a month behind. The news in the fucking article you posted are RECYCLED from the beginning of last month. Open your fucking eyes and get your ugly head out of your herpes-infested ass.
Quote:
You're wrong, moron.
You told me the cartoons weren't published until today. They've been published on at least like 10 fucking websites and some magazines within Europe already since LAST FUCKING MONTH, you insignificant peon.

I don't really find any of these offensive, the Muslims abroad just need to calm the fuck down and find something else to waste their time with. It's like that whole thing in the Netherlands regarding the fuckwit 11-minute documentary that smelt like shit (but fooled millions of guillable sluts) and the Muslims (just young skinhead fucks looking for trouble and bored housewives suffering through menopause) ruined it for the rest of the Muslim immigrants abroad, particularly the ones in Europe. There's no need to kill a guy who stated that we have sex with goats on national TV. Why can't we just mock him and shove him aside and wait for the next laughable bore to tapdance their way towards us thinking they're God's gift to this goddamned world since they were born knowing the truth and nothing but the TRUTH because of the third person effect and 'the media didn't fool me I actually KNOW this shit. In fact, I've been studying this shit for decades!'

The boycott won't last for long. Give it 5 more days and we'll be back to buttfucking each other with empty milk cartons.

The Danish ambassador is being a sweetheart about it, though. And our King doesn't really mind this shit, he's not that religious. He just doesn't want Saudi pissing on us like it usually does. "YOU'RE NOT OFFENDED? THEN WE WANT OUR CAUSEWAY BACK. WANNA TRADE SPOUSES?"

This isn't a big fucking deal. 80% of Denmark already voted that there shouldn't be an apology. Probably a similar amount of Muslims would have that vote too. It's not their fucking country. They're gonna have to respect democracy for what it truly is, especially if they're "looking forward" to a more democratic future. They can defend their faith elsewhere and through other means, this is just silly fun that was never meant to be taken seriously to begin with.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by I, fuzzbot.
You're still a month behind. The news in the fucking article you posted are RECYCLED from the beginning of last month. Open your fucking eyes and get your ugly head out of your herpes-infested ass.
Quote:
You're wrong, moron.
You told me the cartoons weren't published until today. They've been published on at least like 10 fucking websites and some magazines within Europe already since LAST FUCKING MONTH, you insignificant peon.
I'm not a month behind, but you obviously are, because you didn't know about this latest development, did you?

The difference today is that six newspapers reprinted the cartoons, UNDERSTAND?
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:26 PM       
Idon't even undertand with the star of david and the crescent being eaten by pacman
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:28 PM       
Quote:

The difference today is that six newspapers reprinted the cartoons, UNDERSTAND?
As opposed to the five newspapers who already printed this a month ago?

You fucking amaze me.

They reprinted it to stir up the shit that calmed down since it's OLD. NEWS. The Muslims were raged up to the max by mid-January. They've calmed down. They re-appeared in the news on January 29th when websites and magazines kept printing this, showing their support for the "free media," and how is this fucking different than 6 newspapers who are only doing this now?

Fucking half-wit.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:35 PM       
Well why don't you tell The Times and the BBC it's old news because it's one of their top stories today. If you took more time calmly reading posts instead of just exploding in a fit of hysterics then you wouldn't waste so much time and effort on all the bullshit you write and you wouldn't look so dumb, bigmouth.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:39 PM       
BBC has been covering this shit for the past fucking month, you idiot. If you've actually visisted their website you'd see that this was front-page material at least three times this year. It made the front-page a week ago as well, too bad you weren't fucking paying attention.
Quote:
If you took more time calmly reading posts instead of just exploding in a fit of hysterics
I'm fuming and my fucking feet are flapping around in the air.
Quote:
waste so much time and effort on all the bullshit you write and you wouldn't look so dumb, bigmouth.
English is your first and only language I bet, diversify your fucking diction. I'm getting bored of 'bigmouth.'

If you spent time reading the news you would have brought this up as SOON as it made the headlines.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:45 PM       
I wasn't even a member here when the cartoons were originally printed, bigmouth. I assumed it would have already been discussed here. Obviously it hasn't been, because it's one of those difficult subjects for you lefties. Freedom of speech or Islam, which has to go?
Mocker
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:51 PM       
Would you two just shut the fuck up? You read like a couple of children fighting on a playground.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:51 PM       
Like I already said, Mid-January was when the issue was hot, that's when we confronted the ambassador. Plenty of time to put that simple little brain of yours in practice by actually opening a newspaper.

Quote:
Freedom of speech or Islam, which has to go?
Ignorance and sheer stupidity have to go before either. Once these go, you'd realize that Islam has nothing to do with 'freedom of speech.' It's called being lead by a monarchy. Islam didn't tell our governments not to allow us to bash them in public, you're too mentally deranged if you actually link those two together.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Would you two just shut the fuck up? You read like a couple of children fighting on a playground.
Please don't fucking tell me that you thought this cock-up thread was actually gonna go somewhere.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 07:58 PM       
cock-up?
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 08:01 PM       
Yeah, it's like, screw-up. Only you can apply it to shitty things and not just shitty people.

"Your spiffy post just put this entire cock-up thread to shame. Good job."
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 08:03 PM       
screw-up is a noun, not an adjective.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 08:09 PM       
Americans here say "shut the hell up, you fucking screw-up" a lot. Not you "screwed up," but screw-up, written this way too.

So I figured I'd use cock-up the same way. Maybe it'll be a new trend or some such wank.