Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Orange Juice Bruce is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 06:20 AM        So, I was up late watching Nick News...
...and they're talking about Creationism VS Evolution and this old Fag-O-Rama starts bitching about how evolution is BS because..

Quote:
Some Old Guy Said: Evolution is a lie because there is NO scientific fact to back it up.

Why are these people allowed to live? It's like letting Fartin Mowler run our school systems. If that wasn't so WTF, I'd be all like LOL.
ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 06:38 AM        :< :> :< :>
I'm glad you could bring it down from a diverse, controversial issue, to the basic simplicities of an AIM chatroom. Maybe next time you could use emoticons. I do agree with you about their apparent choice of ignoring anything that could possibly support evolution. Ex. "Frogs are different from each other, not because they've adapted to their natural surroundings and have developed unique abilities that allow them to live in their inclement enviornment, but because God likes both the color yellow and green. God also likes black spots."
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 06:49 AM       
Pretty much. I just think that the super creationist people have like...maybe the dumbest ideas anyone has ever thought on any day of any week.

GOD GAVE US BUTTHOLES BECAUSE HE THINKS POOP IS FUNNY ROFL
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 09:02 AM       
Sticky?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 12:23 PM       
Yes please.

Also what time was this on? I haven't seen Nick News in.........................ever.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 12:35 PM       
Nick News? as in Nickelodeon? what the hell?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 12:38 PM       
Linda Ellerby has supposedly won awards and shit for this show, but it's never on. I think the only reason Nickelodeon keeps it is so it can look like they're promoting some kind of educational show. That makes me sad, because I think I might watch this show if it were on.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 12:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Sticky?
It's your call!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 01:29 PM       
They run it at three A.M. because that's when all the fat dykes that comprise Linda Ellerbees fan base are getting hom from the bars. Seriously, if theirs anything I hate more than a creationist, it's the fucking huge fat diesel dykes. If there was intelligent design, all Lesbians would look like the fake one's Howard Stern has on instead of the real ones who look like Sam Kinison with his dick cut off! I threw in Sam Kinnison to make it TOPICAL, BITCH!
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 02:50 PM       
you shouldn't make fun of dykes, Max....they'll totally hunt you down and toss your salad
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 04:20 PM       
Max is VERY right. Real lesbians are creepy and fat...not sexy and slim. One tried to bite my head off once.....and I'm not talking about my penis, guys. I'm talkin' Ozzy/Bat head bitin' action!! That commando chick was BEASTY!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 09:31 AM       
See? That's what I'M talkin' aBOUT!
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 10:22 AM       
WHY DO EVOLUTION FANS ALWAYS NEGLECT TO ADMIT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EVOLUTION WITHIN A SPECIES AND DARWINIAN EVOLUTION?!?!?!

Obviously things evolve. Admittedly, only a VERY few weirdos object to that concept. What is not obvious, and in NO way proven in ANY way, shape or form is that all species evolved from the same thing. I understand it's great fun to mock folks that believe that all observable data indicates life is so very complex, precious and brittle that it was MEANT by SOMETHING to be rather than just random happenstance with no meaning, but this is a perfect example of speaking up and making yourself look stupid.

If you want to participate in the discussion, please do it from the perspective that 1 side of the argument says X and the other says Y rather than just making crap up. It's actually a very stimulating discussion to have, as both sides have interesting and challenging points to make... or you could fling poop around in your cage if you want... I also understand life is so much easier for many of you when you're meaningless.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 10:33 AM       
I vote YES, please do stick this.

I asked before for an example of evolution in action and I got a picture of an ugly little bat that was slightly different from another ugly little bat in response. 60 years of scientific agreement that all species evolved from the same single celled amoeba HAS to have come up with something more tangible than the emergence of a new breed of bat. NO ONE DISPUTES THAT IS HAPPENING. Even Jesus freaks have dogs and cats, people. I'm looking for a dog that evolved from a salamander, not a miniature doberman that evolved from a regular doberman.

If you cannot provide your missing link in any form, you will have to admit that Darwinian Evolution is just as much a mythological belief system as any other religion... that it is NOT based in fact.

Please, think about this for a minute. I know just about every one of you reading this right now is thinking I'm an idiot because EVERYBODY knows that ALL scientists agree that we evolved from monkeys. I've watched the Discovery Channel specials too, and it's truly a compelling myth made very visual by modern computer animation. I have yet to see the documentary that shows me the proof behind this myth. I thought this was supposed to be science! Where's the proof?

I won't be here the rest of the day, but I'll check back in tomorrow or this weekend. I'll be very interested to see you guys fill all these gaping gaps in my knowledge of these very important scientific facts.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 11:29 AM       
And yet you oppose religious doctrine? Moron.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 12:43 PM       
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

^ evidences. not incontravertable, but as of yet, not contraverted, i think.

but i'm gonna latch onto something else you said, but (i'm hoping) you didn't actually mean, for a bit here.

we didn't evolve from fucking monkeys. we PROBABLY evolved from Homo neanderthalensis, which PROBABLY evolved from Homo erectus, which PROBABLY evolved from Australopithecus africanus... anyway, it wasn't a fucking monkey that gave birth to a human, and any scientist that suggests that is a fucking retard.

wikipedia has a nice page on paleoanthropology:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Evolution
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 01:19 PM       
I would say that the fact that all living things on earth share a surprisingly large amount of genetic material would back up common descent pretty nicely.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 01:36 PM       
The fossil record shows biodiversity to be a function of time. Thats the fact of evolution. This is, by the way, a fact, not a theory. All evidence points to it, it could be disproved, but it isn't. The fossil record is pretty damn incomplete, but it's also pretty damn consistent. Oh wait, its all just PATHOLOGICAL SCIENCE- COMING UP WITH NEW THEORIES TO SUIT NEW EVIDENCE, GOD, WHAT FUCKING FANATICS.
anyway, thats basically why us CRAZY SCIENCE CULTISTS think that evolution of NEW SPECIES occurs. Actually, there are fewer FACTS to support evolution within a species, evolution within species is based on what you post-modern pseudo-religious fuckheads like to call THEORY.
Oh ya, and it was apes not monkeys.
And another thing! Science isn't about "proof", you're thinking about philosophy and logic and math or something there. Science is about evidence, and inductive reasoning, so it isn't entirely perfect.
SO ITS A MYUTH THEN RIGHT?
No, its disprovable (go look for some human bones imbedded in some pre-cambrian rock, then we'll talk about whats a myth). Also, it was based on observations (FACTS) not imagination.

BUT WAIT, WHAT IF THE FOSSILS I SEE AREN'T THE SAME AS THE BLUE THAT YOU SEE?

"all observable data indicates life is so very complex, precious and brittle that it was MEANT by SOMETHING to be rather than just random happenstance with no meaning"

interesting that all available evidence points to DYING AND REPRODUCING as the only ENDS of life.
so, you can take your teleological fantasizing and sum um my bonum
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 04:23 PM       
I see no reason that the two cannot co-exist wherein evolution is the method by which a higher power's plan flourishes. As to whether his intent matches results is another matter entirely (see "free will" vs. determinism arguments).

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 11:34 PM       
I think a LOT of religious people feel that way, Kelly. But they don't get as much attention as a screaming, red-faced extremist.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 01:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
we didn't evolve from fucking monkeys. we PROBABLY evolved from Homo neanderthalensis, which PROBABLY evolved from Homo erectus, which PROBABLY evolved from Australopithecus africanus... anyway, it wasn't a fucking monkey that gave birth to a human, and any scientist that suggests that is a fucking retard.
I think we kicked neanderthal's asses to exintinction, becuase the evolution branch split at homo erectus. I don't remember alot of anthropolgy though.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 02:39 AM       
I think you're right about us kicking neanderthals ass

And kelly, while what I think I called the 'fact' of evolution, the change in biodiversity over time is not inherently inconsistent with any mechanism, including divinely ordained teleology, I'd say there's a lot of other evidence that doesn't really support that.
Like I said, pretty much all evidence indicates that the only 'ends' of any organisms existence are the perpetuation of that organisms genes. I guess thats a bit of a bold claim, but I can't think of any features of any organisms that do anything really inconsistent with genetic self interest. Humans notwithstanding, since we have all this intelligence and such that complicates things, although if you look hard enough, a lot of human behavior can be seen in terms of reproductive advantage.
That all being said, in the absence of any evidence of planning, the biosphere can be considered a spontaneous order, where the interaction of different elements (genes) attempting to maximize their interests ( *replication* -genes aren't selfish, but the ones that reproduce the most exist the most, go read Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins, its good stuff) under universally applied rules (laws of nature) results in diversity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some geneius :rolleyes
Well wait one second there! How can there be diversity, if all these genes have the same interests, and follow the same rules?
Thats where mutations come in! And later down the evolutionary road, sex! Both of these fantastic phenomenon result in new genetic codes, which get out into the world to try to propogate themselves! Alright, the sex one is a bit complicated, but kinship altruism is a whole 'nother lecture for you kids ;(

Quote:
Originally Posted by a predictable cunt
BUT WAIT ONE SECOND AGAIN THERE GOAT! Mutations? What a load of shit! Are you saying an amoeba JUST RANDOMLY mutated into a snake which mutated into a monkey which mutated into a man? That's nonsense! If mutations are really causing all this diversity of which you so nonsensly speak, then those mutations need some kind of plan! Face it, you blind disciple of Darwin, life isn't random, diversity can't come from randomness, only from PLANNING AND INTELLIGENT DESIGN.
Interesting point preechr! If I might direct your eyes a little higher up this very post, and your mind a little higher than crudely disguised fantasizing, perhaps you'll see an explanation!
Nope? Alright then. Mutations may randomly generate new genetic codes, but the way these codes continue to exist is by being better than all the other codes at reproducing, under those universally applied rules alluded to earlier!
There's a few things left unexplained or poorly explained here, hopefully some of you bright young anti-rationalists will be able to point them out!
I hope you do, because I for one am heck of enjoying this thread.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 09:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
I think a LOT of religious people feel that way, Kelly. But they don't get as much attention as a screaming, red-faced extremist.
Yeah, I actually almost said this verbatim before you did.

It may however depend upon sect and denomination, I dunno. Some seem able to reconcile evolution and Christianity, whereas others need to push something like I.D. in order to create like some hybrid between the two.

I think you could do better than ID.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 03:05 PM       
"I think you're right about us kicking neanderthals ass "

I saw a documentary once that said we all lived in peace and probably mixed genetic material if you get what I'm saying hubba hubba If I remember right their speculation was based on remains found in Spain(?).
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Dec 2nd, 2005, 04:40 PM       
There's a philosopher that wrote a thesis on the "selfish gene" or something like that. I'll get back to you on that after some research.

Wherever you go, there you are.