Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 06:46 PM        Constant blue screen crashes
So I'm scrolling through the site, then suddenly a blue screen of death pops up. PC restarts, gets to the windows loading screen, and gets another BSoD. Restarts, same thing. Tried it in Safe Mode, same thing.

Is the harddrive dead, or what? Can I get anything off of it, and if so, how?

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 06:50 PM       
That useless 0000000xxabc00000000 code is actually useful in these situation.

Sometimes.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 07:00 PM       
I can't read any of it. The BSoD is literally up for less than a whole second before it restarts.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 07:17 PM       
Get you camera ready

P.S. use the video not the snapshot.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 07:19 PM       
It's most likely a fried HD though. You can set it up as a slave drive later and pull what you can off of it.
Funky Dynamite
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 07:41 PM       
The camera bit was a damned good idea, Tadao.

It's giving me this code:

STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x0000001C, 0x00000001, 0x804F803C)

The "8" in the last one might be a B, I couldn't quite make it out.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 08:19 PM       
Ok, the important part is the STOP: 0x0000000A

There is a lot of info if you google it but this might be the "easiest"

http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html

Quote:
Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The Stop 0xA message indicates that a kernel-mode process or driver attempted to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel interrupt request level (IRQL) that was too high. A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own. This Stop message is typically due to faulty or incompatible hardware or software.

Possible Resolutions:

# A Stop 0xA message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

# A Stop 0xA message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (video or disk adapters, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

# If you encounter a Stop 0xA message while upgrading to Windows XPl, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates.
Here is a super techie link.

http://www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs...0_-part-1.aspx

It's a bad one though. It could be hardware or a driver.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 08:27 PM       
If the computer stays on long enough, you might be able to look at system properties to see if there is a X mark next to a driver on a piece of hardware. I'm not sure if safe mode will show it cause I don't think it turns on all the drivers.
Funky Dynamite
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 11:01 PM       
I did a Windows repair installation and that seemed to do the trick, albeit resetting it back to Service Pack 1.

I don't know what to think, really. I hadn't installed any new hardware, or drivers. It just quit working right in the middle of doing nothing.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 11:09 PM       
Sometimes windows updates drivers behind the scenes. Sometimes my computer will tell me it needs to reboot because it installed new windows drivers on it's own.