Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 05:39 PM        2 azn films ^____^
I just rented and watched, not one, but two foreign films, and liked them both. That has to be some kind of record!

The first was Ong-Bak the Thai Warrior. To sum it up, ong-bak buddha's statue's head gets stolen, Ting (I know) [Tony Jaa] goes to Bangkok and finds himself taking on the underworld to get it back. Your typical martial arts movie, nothing sensational. But with no wires or anything, he effortlessly jumps over and splits under cars, cartwheels between parallel panes of glass, jumps through barbed-wire wreaths, and puts on an amazing display of Muay Thai, things that would tear Jackie Chan a new asshole. He's more than an acrobat. And except for the girls' english dubbed voice, I liked it alot. Jaa lacks the presence and character of bruce lee or jackie chan, but is an incredible artist nonetheless.

Next up was Oldboy, a movie about a man imprisoned for 15 years without knowing what he did, and then given 5 days to get revenge. This is a very complex movie and I can't say too much else without ruining it. I fell asleep for 10 minutes (no offense to the movie, I was just very tired) and missed a huge part of the movie. I highly suggest seeing this. It's got humor, romance (kinda), action, and everything in between. I will leave you with this thought: If you see someone doing incest, walk away. Just walk away.

p.s. I don't care if these have been posted before I'm the first to put them in the same thread nyah

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 07:06 PM       
Ong-Bak was kinda stupid.
No sir, I don't like it
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 08:35 PM       
Sure, the story was nothing special, but who watches a martial arts movie for the plot?

Lye is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 10:40 PM       
old boy was good. that fight scene when it is all in one take was great, i really wasnt expecting it.

another good korean movie is a movie called a bitter sweet life. its a cool ganster movie from the guy who did a tale of two sisters. it isnt the most original movie, but if you like john woo type movies or yakuza movies then this is a good movie.

also watch the movie twilight samurai.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 02:23 PM       
I've already voiced my opinions on Ong-Bak. I thought it was passable at best.

Oldboy, however, is one of the greatest films I've ever seen.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 02:47 PM       
I've always thought Oldboy was overrated ;<
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 12:36 AM       
i like it because it's so fucked up, and yet in an entirely grecian tragedy sense. it was so odd in something so stylized and modern.

not to mention the action and acting was ace.

it was worth buying
No sir, I don't like it
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 10:29 AM       
NOW I just watched the japanese movie "Ping-Pong." Thinking it would be ridiculous and stupid, we bought it and were pleasantly surprised that although it was a comedy, it was a really great movie al l around.

Also, the God of Cookery... it's Stephen Chow, what more do I have to say?