Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 25th, 2010, 02:37 AM        PC can't acquire network address
I haven't changed anything on my PC, but now all of a sudden, it fails to connect to the internet and just sits in the "acquiring network address" step. I've had it connected directly to the router the whole time, and it's only recently started to do this. All the other computers that connect to the router either wirelessly or wired don't seem to be having problems.

Any idea what's going on?

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 25th, 2010, 02:43 AM       
malware?
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 25th, 2010, 09:27 AM       
seems silly but try repairing your connection?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 25th, 2010, 12:19 PM       
Replace you tcp/ip, you'll need your windows cd before attempting this.

This brings back bad tech support memories, I hated that soul stealing job.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 27th, 2010, 07:38 PM       
The problem only lasted a couple days, and I found that unplugging the router for about 3 minutes (as opposed to just flicking it on and off) seemed to fix the problem, if only for a day. Now, everything seems fine, and I'm at a loss as to what the problem was in the first place.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 27th, 2010, 08:06 PM       
Sounds like your tcp/ip wasn't renewing. Funny enough I had to fix someone else with the same issue that night. It was with windows 7 though.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 05:28 PM       
ACQUIRE MORE MINERALS
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 10:03 AM