Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 09:18 PM        Computer monitor cable question
So I have this old desktop that was in storage for a long time and I just took it out. Problem is, I no longer have the monitor/cable that went with it. I have a newer monitor and just realized it has a standard VGA cable, but the card on the back of this old computer has some other kind of input that I don't recognize. Can anybody tell me what kind of cable this thing needs so I can try to find a converter?

Thanks.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 10:09 PM       
whoa. weird. do you know what kind of card it is, or if it's standard equipment for the PC, what model PC it is? looks like there's a ps2 mouse port and some coaxial connectors too.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 10:39 PM       
I didn't find it in here

http://pinouts.ru/pin_Video.shtml

I was looking for a database of ports.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 10:59 PM       
looks sort of dvi-ish but with more pins :/ what does the writing on those say?

edit: actually, since dvi has 24 pins and 4 analog lines, that might be some sort of weirdo dvi connector
OH GOD
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 11:10 PM       
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=754&page=4

GeCube All-In-Wonder 9600XT 128M/TV/FM

or some other all-in-wonder, possibly

http://ixbtlabs.com/articles2/radeon/9600-aiw.html

oh and that ps2 mouse thing is for video capture
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 11:32 PM       
Ah. Proprietary cables. Yeah, you're not gonna find one nicely. That thing's old as balls.
OH GOD
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 11:45 PM       
http://cgi.ebay.com/ATI-All-in-Wonde...item27b700d676

30 bux

edit: or you could get a replacement card, too. there's some for $2 at the moment that look like they've got cables with them
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 11:56 PM       
For a cord.
OH GOD
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 12:14 AM       
yeah it's got dual output, if that's worth anything
OH GOD
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 12:22 AM       
http://cgi.ebay.com/ATI-9600-AIW-All...item1e600bea4f

$12 including shipping plus card and videocapture thingy, not a buy it now though
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 12:37 AM       
agp, that's future technologies right there.
OH GOD
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 12:52 AM       
i got an agp in mine ;_;
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 01:05 AM       
Thanks guys, it is an ATI All-In-Wonder. And yeah, it's definitely old, but I did a lot of chiptunes music on that old desktop so it serves its purpose. Thanks for figuring out what kind o' cables I needed!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 12th, 2010, 09:15 PM       
use the Super-Video plug (That's what the round one is I'm pretty sure). That's what I used to use before TVs started coming with VGA ports :O

at least i thought that was a super-video plug but its purple so maybe it is for the mouse :O
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 12th, 2010, 09:18 PM       
the purple and green are for the mouse and the keyboard. Also, that's not what he circled.
OH GOD
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 12:53 AM       
actually that purple one IS for video in, but it's a proprietary connector not like s-video or anything

looks like this
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 01:01 AM       
MLE GOT TOLD.
OH GOD
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 01:07 AM       
I MADE THE SAME MISTAKE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 01:14 AM       
They both have the same pinout, which is the same as an S-Video cable. Easy mistake to make.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 08:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
Also, that's not what he circled.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 10:52 AM       
what does it mnatter if its the one he circled if either of them could've worked

DOUBLE TOLD
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 06:59 PM       
Yeah but he didn't ask about that one, did he.
BANNED

Old Dec 13th, 2010, 07:11 PM       
Well fucking Christopher Columbus wasn't looking for America, and look what he got. Are you saying that you wish Christopher Columbus never would've discovered America, and none of us would be here today?

thats fucked up.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 07:31 PM       
Sorry I'm so fucked up ;_; I'm on medicine.
BANNED

Old Dec 14th, 2010, 10:54 AM       
WELL NOW I JUST FEEL LIKE AN ASSHOLE