Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 06:38 AM       
"I see you have also done away with such burdensome things such as tolerance, understanding and thinking before you join a conversation."

I was just expressing my joy and relief that I dont come into contact with people like you in my day to day life. Its a constant source of happiness that helps increase my tolerance, understanding and compassion towards those who arent right wing fundamentalist christian pro-life shitbags

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 09:00 AM       
Where to start:

Brandon, you can hate Christanity all you want, but without it, the world would be Muslim right now, we would not have any art, and we would pretty much be stuck around the era of the 8th century.

Next time you see a Christian, or more specifically a Catholic, say "Thank you."

Kahljorn, if you believe Jesus was just a main when it comes to the beliefs of Christanity, well, then you must not possed the ability to read, see, or hear. He is the God Made Man, the Word Made Flesh. He pretty much says He is God throught the entire New Testament, contrary to kelly bias and uneducated viewpoints, which for him are just his gold standard.

Speaking of idiots (Kelly), I'd like to see this grand piece of proof that us Catholics want our women knocked up, cooking, and barefoot. I mean, it's isn't like we hold any women in high regard or anything *see Mary, Virgin Mother of God*

I love how Christanity, especially Catholicism, is treated on this board to have more layers of bullshit and mystery than the fucking Tri-Lateral Commission or the Illumaniti. Most of everyone's "hatred" of said religion on this board and in general comes from lack of education, an ability to get a feeling of "empowerment" by hating the most respected and regonized religion in the existance of mankind, or the simple fact that I would hate God too if I looked like the vast majority of this message board.

And Blanco, I know you think your cute, but don't compare me to these fucking douchebags. If I cared enough to type a book, I would. So you can go fuck yourself.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 09:34 AM       
Thankyou Vince, for defeating the muslamic invaders.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 10:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
"I see you have also done away with such burdensome things such as tolerance, understanding and thinking before you join a conversation."

I was just expressing my joy and relief that I dont come into contact with people like you in my day to day life. Its a constant source of happiness that helps increase my tolerance, understanding and compassion towards those who arent right wing fundamentalist christian pro-life shitbags
So, let me get this straight:

Sweeping generalizations and blind prejudice help you become more toerant?

And most americans aren't:

1 Right-wing: we tend to be more middle of the road. The reason guys like Pat Robertson are on TV isn't because they speak for most of us, its because they are so extrmeme, they become interesting to watch. ITs like a traffic accident, you know you shouldn't look, you just can't help yourself.

2 Fundamentalist: most of us don't read the Bible often enough to become fundamentalists

3 Pro-life: Ya, we are shitbags because we haven't solved that issue. We are actually debating and considering its complicated reprecussions rather than just jumping on it because it is new and makes life easier for a few days.

Truth be told, I'm anti-abortion. I really can't say I am totally pro-life. I am all for taking stupid people out of the gene pool.

Quote:
you can hate Christanity all you want, but without it, the world would be Muslim right now, we would not have any art, and we would pretty much be stuck around the era of the 8th century.
Its not nearly that simple. The fact that there was a whole region called Eastern Europe acting as a buffer between the Ottomans and Rome helped a lot.

Quote:
I know you think your cute,
Cute? I am a sexy, sexy man.

Quote:
don't compare me to these fucking douchebags.
Two sides of the same coin, shecky.

Quote:
If I cared enough to type a book, I would.
Crazy Catholic Coloring?

Quote:
So you can go fuck yourself.
Dude, seriously, get a sense of humor. If the people who are supposed to be on your side are telling you you look like a moron, don't you think there might be something to it?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 10:55 AM       
Vinth, none of us dooubt for an instant you're pleasing to the eye. I think it's very christ like of you to be so concerned about appearance and what it means. Please post your picture. I'm sure we'd all be illuminated by it's light.

That being said, I have a great deal of respect for Catholocism, and it's one of the reasons I dislike you so intensely. You denigrate it with every ignorant bit of pap that rolls out of your mouth. Your understanding of the bible is shallow and repugnant, your interpretation of the teachings of Jesus fo no further than a dogmatic belief in his divinity and your general intolerance and hubristic pride make me wonder when your last confession was and how many acts of attrition you've performed. I know confession isn't that hip amongst Cattholics these days, but since you barely recognize Vatican II, I should think you'd confess to your priest at very least weekly, though I'd recommend twice a day.

If Catholicism is the literal truth, I hope you are prepared for the 'conquenences' of your actions in thought and deed, and I hope you enjoy hell.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 10:56 AM       
"Oh, did I stwike a nurwve, Jew?"
-Vinth
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 11:21 AM       
"Most of everyone's "hatred" of said religion on this board and in general comes from lack of education"

This from the only guy on the Philosophy forum that can barely string together a sentence.

And...

"[T]he world would be Muslim right now, we would not have any art, and we would pretty much be stuck around the era of the 8th century."

Because, you know, Muslims never produced *any* art or did *anything* useful (even in the 7-800 years between the 8th century and the crusades), that whole story about them inventing algebra and moving medical practice out of the dark ages was just a myth. And they never contributed to architecture, which is why you don't see big spires and stuff all over eastern Europe. And of course if they hadn't been slammed back into one little corner of the world by bloody righteous Catholics and had been allowed to flourish, they still would have stopped advancinc culturally right then and there.
Mocker
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 11:55 AM       
Quote:
And of course if they hadn't been slammed back into one little corner of the world by bloody righteous Catholics and had been allowed to flourish, they still would have stopped advancinc culturally right then and there.
One little corner? Africa, the Middle East, Central Asia,and a whole chunk of the South Pacific. Thats a big fucking corner.

And they stopped advancing culturaly because they got comfortable with being superior to Europe. However, because the Reformation, Europeans competed with each other and got stronger for it. When they turned their sights to the Muslim world, the Muslims didn't stand a chance.

And they still won't change anything. Their current situation has as much, if not more, to do with their own refusal to change rather than any thing the Evil Cathoics did.

Old Sep 18th, 2003, 12:17 PM       
I know this may blow your mind Pern, but try to follow along:

I could have as much fun and put as much effort into this message board as with one of those old automated response programs they used to have on BBSs. To sum it up: You all are words on a screen with a picture on the left hand side. Nothing more, nothing less. If I don't answer someone or don't finish the sentence, maybe it is because I don't want to exert the effort to or I'm busy doing something else!! WOW!! What a mystery!!!

Now, I know that may defeat your belief that people should "care" what they type on a message board, but try to keep up.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 12:21 PM       
Or maybe you're just completely full of shit, and incapable of constructing a coherent argument. Wow. What a mystery, indeed.

Old Sep 18th, 2003, 12:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky
Or maybe you're just completely full of shit, and incapable of constructing a coherent argument. Wow. What a mystery, indeed.
Ok, I will construct a coherent argument that you can understand:

"Me not care lot about board."

Is that simple enough, or do I need to break out Pictionary so you can understand it?
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 12:35 PM       
Why not? It's likely to be more effective than your fucking writing.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 12:44 PM       
<------Steals Vince's comment for sigdom.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 02:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by O71394658
Brandon, I would appreciate if you would back up your statements with facts instead of spouting blanket statements that are way too typical of 14-year old boys who hate the world.
The proof is all around you (i.e. self-evident) and thus a proof is not necessary. In other words, I don't see anything in his argument that requires a proof ... western culture just IS, for the most part, that way. People hate themselves for being people and always seem to be stuck in this "us against God" mode as if he is a separate entity. He is within AND without us and I think the mistake people make is in the separation.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 04:51 PM       
Thats not really an answer. "The proof is all around us".

Seriously, try that one in a moderated debate. It won't fly.

He asked for specific examples, you need to provide them.

I can just as easily claim that the Western World's ills have come about because of a deviation from Catholicism. I mean, the proof is all around us.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 06:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Semi-Literate
Now, I know that may defeat your belief that people should "care" what they type on a message board, but try to keep up.

Yeah, and I spend a lot of effort proofreading all of my sentences and making sure they are coherent and spelled correctly.

Oh wait, no I don't. I just know how to write in the first place, so whether or not I'm typing something important or putting effort into it, people will still be able to tell that I made it through 7th grade.

Old Sep 18th, 2003, 10:23 PM       
All that coming from a guy who prays at the altar of the Buffalo Bills' of religion.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 10:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb

I love how Christanity, especially Catholicism, is treated on this board to have more layers of bullshit and mystery than the fucking Tri-Lateral Commission or the Illumaniti. Most of everyone's "hatred" of said religion on this board and in general comes from lack of education, an ability to get a feeling of "empowerment" by hating the most respected and regonized religion in the existance of mankind...

Ok, Vinth, let me see. What is your definition of "education"? Is it being around Catholosism almost all of one's life and being told about it in school? (I refuse to call it being "taught" because it is against individual thought anyway.)

Well, I have all that. I know about Catholosism, having been force-fed it all my life. I am not ignorant about it, and I have flat-out refused to accept it because of one single fact. There are people out there of other religious beliefs (or none at all) that are far more deserving of the Kingdom of Heaven than many Catholics I know, and I am pleased to say that you, Vinth, are numero uno on that long, long list.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 10:46 PM       
I do agree that it's stupid of us to always rag on christianity like sharks drawn to Blood.. but I also find it fucking stupid of Vince to constantly talk about it like he has something new to say.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 11:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
All that coming from a guy who prays at the altar of the Buffalo Bills' of religion.
Sorry; I don't pray, and I don't know football, so I can't feel insulted by that comment. Try again.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 11:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Thats not really an answer. "The proof is all around us".

Seriously, try that one in a moderated debate. It won't fly.

He asked for specific examples, you need to provide them.

I can just as easily claim that the Western World's ills have come about because of a deviation from Catholicism. I mean, the proof is all around us.
Very well.

Examine the doctrines of and "moral lessons" implicit in most varities of Christianity. What is universal in all denominations is a cheapening of earthly matters since they are "inferior" to the "true world" or "next life." This would definitely have a bearing on the popular feeling that this life is somehow overrated and defective. Also, this sort of otherworldliness and mysticism, which is also evidenced in philosophical idealism (another tragedy of Western culture), can give rise, interestingly enough, to nihilism and suicide. After all, one does not kill him or herself JUST because life involves suffering...they kill themselves because they can conceive of a world that does NOT involve suffering. I can think of nothing more tragic than people who allow their life to slip away without truly living, preferring to spend their time on their knees, hands clasped in prayer, praying for forgiveness for trivial "sins" so they may reach a "new life" that they can't be sure exists.

Sexual activity in general is treated as something impure--a dirty little secret of humanity. While some Christian churches have become a little more open about sexuality, the side effects of the earlier dogmas are still evidenced in the almost Puritanical nature of American culture. Once again, by throwing filth on sexuality--the way of propogating our species, Christianity has indirectly taken up life-denying values.

In the New Testament, the weak, ignorant, and vice-ridden members of society are raised up in praise, while the educated and strong--the Pharisees, are viewed as reprehensible. While the noble classes of Jerusalem were indeed arrogant (not an admirable trait by a long shot), the NT paints them in a light which makes them appear positively demonic. Along these lines (and I'll explain why) is the issue of Adam and Eve's "original sin"--eating from the Tree of Knowledge.

So what do those two things have in common? A disdain for knowledge. According this religious tradition, ignorance is next to godliness. After all, the more you know, the less easy you are to control. Blind faith, regardless of how ridiculous it may be, was regarded as the supreme virtue. And what is a better example of this in the modern world than the fundamentalists who put their fingers in their ears and scream "I can't hear you!" whenever evolution is mentioned?

It would take me forever to list everything, but the most well-phrased attack on Christianity's subversive values can be found in Nietzsche's The Antichrist. Check it out if you're not busy:

http://www.publicappeal.org/library/...antichrist.htm
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 12:46 AM       
The above post is pointless and boring.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 12:48 AM       
I dunno, I kinda liked it. At least it was on-topic.
BANNED

Old Sep 19th, 2003, 12:52 AM       
Sort of, but the points were bland and nearly irrelevant, almost redundant of the common Atheist rhetoric.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Sep 19th, 2003, 01:02 AM       
The common atheist rhetoric is what it is because the points are valid, and in this case they are indeed relevant because we are discussing whether Christianity advocates ignorance and blind obedience. And he can't be redundant, because this thread hadn't already seen his argument.