Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 05:55 AM       
I like playing as a medic in DayZ.

One time while I was patching up a bunch of noobs in a barn, the admins on my favorite server came after me and started shooting at the building continuously with L85s (thermal-scope assault rifles, i.e. endgame loot) for about 5 minutes until they picked the poor little guys with their double-barrel shotguns and crossbows off one by one, then killed me; I didn't have any stuff they wanted, so they hid my body so that I couldn't run back and re-arm. I was pretty irritated!

Tonight, I noticed that they were gathered in a channel on the teamspeak server that had no password, so I settled in, started chatting them up, then asked if I could roll with them in their vehicle convoy. They actually let me in; I can't imagine how fucking stupid you'd have to be. They even gave me a DMR! (Semi-auto sniper rifle; two-shot kill, 20 bullets as fast as you can fire them.) So I rode with them, making idle conversation, looting buildings, helping them kill zombies, and casually dismissing the way they were using their admin powers to locate more vehicles and find players to kill, all the while laughing softly with a huge grin plastered all over my face. When the time was right and we were all parked and preparing to storm a high-traffic city, I casually walked up to the ringleader and shot him in the face about 15 times, then jumped into his car and drove off while everyone in the channel started freaking the fuck out. I just started laughing, like I was Char Aznable fresh from leading Garma Zabi into a barrage of artillery fire.

It would have been a lot more awesome if he hadn't immediately banned me, but I think I'm done playing DayZ for a while because nothing I do in the game from this point forward is ever going to be as fucking amazing as what transpired tonight. I really wish I could have recorded it.

I love this game, guys, you should be playing it!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 01:48 PM       
what a bunch of bitch admins
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 07:17 PM       
Picked up a 3DS XL with Mario 3DLand and Cave Story today because I really want to play that Adventure Time game coming out.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 09:45 PM       
That is a great DayZ story, but it definitely confirms the idea that the game is mainly a trolling paradise.

I wonder if that betrayal will turn the admin into a paranoid nut.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 03:59 PM       
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the...edition/106091

what is this warz shit is it just dayz that you have to pay for?
pickled
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 04:47 PM       
Pretty much. Some chucklefuck hack indie dev thought they could make bank off it. Go check out the gameplay on youtube. Looks terrible.
BANNED

Old Nov 6th, 2012, 05:39 PM       
i hope they get sued or some shit
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 08:48 AM       
War Z is basically the exact same game. And don´t forget you have to pay for Day Z too since you gotta get Arma2 first. These guys were just quicker than Rocket, that´s all.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 10:48 AM       
X-Com still. In ironman mode. I thought I had this game in the bag. I had great gear, high-level soldiers and every UFO/Terror/Abduction mission was a breeze. The I found the alien base and went in expecting it to be easy as something really easy. Two sectopods + muton elite soldiers + chryssalids came at me all at once and totally slayed my elite team. Now I have a bunch of rookies and have to level them up, which is taking forever.

This game is awesome.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 05:34 PM       
Ha, same here. It was the first time I really noticed environment effecting the difficulty of the aliens. I don't have much time to play games anymore, so I haven't even finished my first play-through yet, but I'm immensely enjoying this game.
pickled
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 05:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
War Z is basically the exact same game. And don´t forget you have to pay for Day Z too since you gotta get Arma2 first. These guys were just quicker than Rocket, that´s all.
Except you know, crappy. You're also buying Arma 2, not Day Z. You can play Day Z for free as well if you download Arma 2: Free.

Arma 2 is also a pretty neat game to have for only $20.00. Much better than some gimped cash in on a ripoff of a popular mod.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 02:55 AM       
Final Fantasy 10. It's not bad at all, color me surfuckingprised. Fantastic art direction in particular, except for the retarded clothing.

It's really bothering me that they didn't go back and synch the mouth flaps with the English dub, though. It's less like I'm watching a 70's kung-fu movie than it is like my Youtube video's lagging out.
drifting in the void
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 07:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Except you know, crappy. You're also buying Arma 2, not Day Z. You can play Day Z for free as well if you download Arma 2: Free.

Arma 2 is also a pretty neat game to have for only $20.00. Much better than some gimped cash in on a ripoff of a popular mod.
Hey, the more Zombie-Paranoia-MMOs, the better I say

Speaking of MMOs, I played Planetside 2 for the first time yesterday...still a little unpolished but hell of a lot of fun, really gives me this part-of-something-greater feeling that normal Shooters don´t

I just can´t decide which faction to pick.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 10:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Final Fantasy 10. It's not bad at all, color me surfuckingprised. Fantastic art direction in particular, except for the retarded clothing.

It's really bothering me that they didn't go back and synch the mouth flaps with the English dub, though. It's less like I'm watching a 70's kung-fu movie than it is like my Youtube video's lagging out.
I thought its combat and leveling system were rather cool.
BANNED

Old Nov 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM       
leveling system was great + all the cool shit you could get.

that game called Path of Exile kind of has a similar skill tree to ff10
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 03:39 PM       
The switching members in and out of your party instantaneously during battle is sort of like a prototype version of the paradigm system from 13, but I like it a lot better since it gives you a reason to actually use all the characters instead of just building a superstar tagteam of the most broken / least annoying people.
pickled
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 02:28 AM       
Except you actually get to play a game when you put FF10 in your console.
drifting in the void
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 08:08 AM       
FF10 was really good and I don´t care if the story is stupid and Tidus looks like a little girl. The combat was quick and a lot of fun 10s Combat with 9s cast...that would be nice.

Why 9? Because Zidane was more or less the first protagonist with a positive outlook, which was very refreshing after 7 and 8...
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 10:23 PM       
I like Tidus because whenever someone pulls some bullshit jargon out of their asses and is all like "WE HAVE TO STOP SIN FROM BLOWING UP THE CLOISTER OF THE HYMN OF THE HIGH WALKER" I'm like "what the fuck does that mean?" and pretty much on cue Tidus'll go "what the fuck does that mean?"

Really, it would have been nice to have someone like that in FF13.

Also Cloud is the best protagonist from anything ever, don't even talk shit.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Nov 13th, 2012 at 01:27 AM.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 11:05 PM       
My friend bought 007 Legends. It was somehow worse than I anticipated, and I anticipated the worst after Call of Goldeneye. He seemed to like it, though, so I kept my mouth shut about how he was playing a subpar shooter that kiiiiiinda reenacts Bond films except not really.

Activision really needs to stop chasing Goldeneye. EA learned their lesson and made Everything or Nothing and From Russia With Love, and those games were great (especially EoN).

pickled
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 04:33 AM       
I used to think Cloud was awesome back when I was playing FF7 on my PlayStation, but all the fan-pandering Capcom did has soured my FF7 boner.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 05:17 AM       
Yea, I can't believe Capcom dumped Mega Man for a million Final Fantasy XIII sequels

pickled
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 08:24 PM       
They should have sold Mega Man to Squaresoft.
drifting in the void
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 05:36 AM       
Cloud? Nah, I liked the fact that he carried that big ass sword around but even back then his personality got on my nerves...same with Aeris by the way...I mean...how can you be sad when she dies?

1. She is killed off by Sephiroth and let´s be honest here, dude´s cool when you´re about 15 so it´s hard to stay mad at the guy for long.

2. I clearly remember being super upset because I wasted my fucking time with her. Meaning, I spent time leveling her up and bam, she´s dead. Is ANYONE using Aeris these days? I mean, you know she´s gonna die, why would you use her when all Characters are basically the same anyway?

I´m also playing Don't Starve right now, which is fucking awesome. Wildernes-Survival looking like a flash-version of a Tim Burton Movie...really good, especially for a beta.

Also Planetside 2, lot´s of fun.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 14th, 2012, 10:54 AM       
sign this pettition for time splitters hd collection, the guys at crytek said that if they see enough support they'll make it come true and my love for the series makes me want to ask even you
https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...-hd-collection

SANTO el enmascarado de plata