Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 01:52 PM       
As far as I'm concerned, PC gaming is primarily about free independent games these days. I'm always trying out new Flash games online that kick ass (and games that were developed in Flash and then released commercially for the PC).

Of course, there's always Blizzard's Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 which I've played the demos for quite a bit during BlizzCon, and those will both take up a lot of my time. Actually, Diablo 3 will take over my entire life because it's just that good.

There are also some other random PC games I'm really liking. Not too long ago I picked up Plants vs. Zombies and was surprised just how fun it was. Couldn't stop playing it until I beat the thing. And then there's Machinarium (developed with Flash and now sold as non-browser based PC game) which is absolutely brilliant both artistically and in game design.

Don't get me wrong, I love consoles too, but I mainly like them for party games when friends are over, which is a rare thing since I'm always too busy these days (). I always enjoy playing some old games on my Neo Geo and PS1 from tim eto time. The Wii hasn't seen much action lately because, again, it's more for when you have a bunch of people over... as will be the case when the 4-player New Super Mario Bros. comes out.

PC gaming isn't dead and it will never die, but it's definitely changing and I love how the web has enabled independent developers to get word out about their stuff.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 07:11 AM       
Funny PC story!

I bought a snazzy new nVidia 8800 GTS for to play some video games with on my computer.

Funnier conclusion!

It didn't fit, due to half the space inside of my computer being taken up by fucking stupid green plastic handles in lieu of the perfectly fucking fine traditional method of holding everything in place with screws. You just make the best computers, Dell.

My general instinct is to champion PCs over consoles whenever the arguement comes up, but I have no idea why, because my lifetime of trying to play games on the computer has been nothing short of a cavalcade of absolute failure. Meanwhile, none of my consoles have ever become laden with malware and other horse shit, or been incompatable with upgrades, or not been hardcore enough to run the hot new title I had been grubbing money for the past month to buy, or forced me to apply a patch to a game that breaks it in some way, or just not fucking worked, or put me through any of the other cum-guzzling bullshit gauntlets I am forced to run as a PC owner.

Honestly it makes me feel sort of stupid to think that I take most of this in stride just so I can aim better in the two FPSs I play.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 01:14 PM       
it adds to the challenge level of the game to make it harder to get it to run, that makes it more rewarding once you do
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 05:45 PM       
Then I just spend all of my time in the game thinking about when it's going to crash
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 09:09 PM       
You see, I have all of these games on Steam but most of them I will never play again. Like World of Goo, i got really far in that game and i formatted my computer. Now yes, it's my fault for not backing it up, but PC game saves are so cluttered and the systems are all over the place, that its just easier to not bother. On a console, you have them all in one place, ready to back up.

And most games seem to hate alt-tabbing such as TF2
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 30th, 2009, 11:55 PM       
blizzard is the only reason i play pc aside from emulators of course for wich i use a 360 controller

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 12:03 AM       
Steam makes PC gaming too accessible for me. Stuff like Lucidity or $5 for Bioshock result in a lot of impulse buys.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 12:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
You see, I have all of these games on Steam but most of them I will never play again. Like World of Goo, i got really far in that game and i formatted my computer. Now yes, it's my fault for not backing it up, but PC game saves are so cluttered and the systems are all over the place, that its just easier to not bother. On a console, you have them all in one place, ready to back up.

And most games seem to hate alt-tabbing such as TF2
i play every single pc game in a window, and most new games will let you do that without borders so it's indistinguishable from fullscreen other than not having to deal with bullshit
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 11:28 PM       
You guys need to learn how to build your own pcs.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 11:33 PM       
I do, but every time I build one from scratch, I get bad mojo.

Like, I can swap out parts and buy and install new ones, but every time I try and put together a badass gaming tower, shit's broken.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2009, 11:35 PM       
I made mine back in March. I love it so much. :3
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 01:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I'm talking about games that you needed the console equivalent of a new video card or more RAM to play. Add-ons like the Sega CD and the 32x weren't really the same thing as when you had to get the expansion pack to play Perfect Dark on your regular N64.
I forgot about that. And like most everyone else, I did it.

Damn upgrades on consoles, least that one was relatively inexpensive though.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 1st, 2009, 01:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I forgot about that. And like most everyone else, I did it.

Damn upgrades on consoles, least that one was relatively inexpensive though.
I think DK64 came with it, too

not that DK64 is a game anyone should play
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 11:46 AM       
some games didn't really needed the expansion pack but had a small bump in graphics thanks to it

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Nov 2nd, 2009, 12:27 PM       
Majora's Mask

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 07:23 AM       
Fucking hell. I threw out my N64 along with Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, both Zelda games, and a shit load of others. Why the fuck did I do that why?

ALso, fuck Steam for not letting me change games from my brother's steam account to my own.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 04:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
i play every single pc game in a window, and most new games will let you do that without borders so it's indistinguishable from fullscreen other than not having to deal with bullshit
This.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 04:37 PM       
I do, as well. It doesn't stretch the shit out of the low-resolution stuff that I play my games with and it lets me close stuff without having to deal with my computer crashing.
Banned
genrichkarlovichjr is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 07:09 AM        PC gaming on its last leg
I have an gaming chair its the xrocker one with the stand for it to sit on , But its pretty bad the sound cuts out when theres sudden bursts of sound E.G a shot on Cod : WAW But i dont mind
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 12:34 PM       
Your a cock.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 05:18 AM       
it was funny cause i read his name as "generic""russianname" jr.

or maybe its not funny i dunno but that's what happened
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 12:34 PM       
I read it as "gen. reich something something"
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 05:41 PM       
im building a computer right now and it's only gonna cost like 400-500 dollars for a 1,000 +dollar computer :O

you could probably make a pretty decent computer for maybe under 300 dollars ;/
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 05:57 PM       
I'm trying to install Pigin on my GF's Mac. WTF? I hate Apple.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 06:44 PM       
You can. You can take a pre-made computer for $300, slap in a $50 video card, and be gaming with the best of them.

And some of the integrated stuff is getting so good that you don't even need a video card.