Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 11:10 PM        Windows Media Center Not Working Right
OK, this used to work before.

When I access WMC, I get a message that says my video card or drivers are not compantable with WMC. When I try to play videos or DVDs with WMC, it says that the necessary files aren't found.

So, is there anything I can do short of reinstalling Windows on my system?

Alive is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2006, 10:46 AM       
You just may need to update your video card/wmd drivers with the latest one's, being either nvidia/or ati. perhaps check your directx. i have regular windows xp and a tv/fm card and that's what i call my media center. never got into messin' with that media center edition at all (even though i have the 45mb hack for it) you could also try re-booting your system (to see if another proggy didnt mess up some setting's or w/e)
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 5th, 2006, 02:43 PM       
Drivers are up to date, rebooting doesn't help.

I system restored back to the end of January, problem still persists. Updated Media Center with a rollup, problem still persists.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 7th, 2006, 11:57 PM       
It happened again. I fixed it and forgot about it, and it happened again. Now I can't remember how I fixed it.

Edit: Actually, I DO remember. There was an update I had to manually download and install from Dell's website. But the website is suffering from "High Traffic" so I can't even get support right now.

Edit 2: There was a new update to download and install, and it fixed the problem.

What bothers me is that this KEEPS breaking. WHY would it stop functioning properly out of nowhere, and then there's an update I have to download myself to make it work again? Can ANYONE give me some help on this situation? I really don't want to keep doing this every couple months.