Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Bahmo is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM        Can somebody help me remember the name of an old cartoon?
Back when I was very young, I used to see this cartoon with a kid who had a talking venus fly trap for a sidekick. Anyone remember what it was called?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 05:39 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLO7I...eature=related
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 07:24 PM       
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 08:55 PM       
Asspies don't know how to kid.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 10:04 PM       
About what time would this be? 80s? 90s?

And do you remember anything else about it?
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 10:07 PM       
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 10:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Bahmo is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 03:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
About what time would this be? 80s? 90s?

And do you remember anything else about it?
Probably 80s, and it wasn't late 90s; I know that. To answer the second question, the plant talked, could move by hopping in its flowerpot, and I think it could spit poison balls or something. The kid was your standard 80s TV kid, or at least I think he was.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 04:23 AM       
it was the cartoon version of little shop of horrors, jeez try listening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RpYc...eature=related
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120982/
The Unicorn
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 10:54 AM       
Insane Writer
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 07:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
it was the cartoon version of little shop of horrors, jeez try listening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RpYc...eature=related
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120982/
Wow, that's weird...

Of course, that's a trademark of the old 80s and 90s cartoons (how I miss them T_T )

I remember my mom and I racking our brains to remember one from my own childhood. It had anthromorphic dogs fighting crime. We later remembered that it was Road Rovers.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 07:51 PM       
NO IT WAS HONG KONG FUEY!
Insane Writer
Old Nov 19th, 2008, 09:54 PM       
No, I remember Hong Kong Fooey too. That wasn't it (HKF was kind of Inspector Gadget with a janitor/judo dog).
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 10:57 AM       
and no bionic parts
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 11:56 AM       
I'd bet ZQ would school cavemen on wall paintings if they humored her.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 01:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neen View Post
I'd bet ZQ would school cavemen on wall paintings if they humored her.
Sorry? I don't understand you.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 09:01 PM       
and no hong kong phooy chop..... Rough
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 11:22 PM       
Quote:
Sorry? I don't understand you.
It's a simile/metaphor/analogy-thing. Think about it.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 08:17 PM       
Sorry, I just don't get where it's coming from. Forgive me for being dense if it's something obvious.
Pygmy Extraordinaire
Location: In a home that scares my neighbors by having body parts on my balcony all year long
LittleDollClaudia is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:59 AM       
I love that Audrey 2!

I remember in Creepshow 2 the boy buys flytraps that grow to humongous size and eats the bullies.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 07:39 AM       
No, he's right, it's Hong Kong Phooey.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 10:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid View Post
No, he's right, it's Hong Kong Phooey.
The cartoon I couldn't remember? No, it was Road Rovers. I remembered it because there were like five dogs: A Labradore, a collie, a sheep dog, a german shepard, and one that was nuts and in a straight jacket.

Hong Kong Phooey I remembered quite well, for some reason (never watched it a ton either).
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 03:15 PM       
Quote:
(never watched it a ton either).
Then how do you know for sure that it isn't Hong Kong Pfouey?
Insane Writer
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 07:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Then how do you know for sure that it isn't Hong Kong Pfouey?
Because I did watch it enough to tell the difference.

Road Rovers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRcXRiZpxGI

Hong Kong Phooey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfeAqlYv2wQ

Enough differences there to be noticable.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 08:21 PM       
They need to put Inch High Private Eye back on t.v. for me to enjoy.... and quickly