Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 05:58 PM       
I was kinda impatient with it because(if I remember correctly) you can't just mash attacks because it lowers your stamina too much. Then I died a ton.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 08:20 PM       
Dissidia Duodecium came out in JapanLand and I've been playing that copy till it comes out later this month in AmericaWorld. The new characters are fucking clutch. Tifa's pretty sweet, and Laguna's just awesome.

Also near the end of Tactics Ogre. Might be my favorite SRPG now. The additions to that remake are the kinda shit I want to see more of in other games.

Lastly, I put my $50 down on a 3DS on the way to work today. THE NEW MARIO GAME COMING OUT FOR IT HAS A RACCOON TAIL ON THE LOGO. THEY'RE GOING TO SHOW IT AT E3. GET HYPE. LKJSBDLKJSBADKJGFBAZSJDF

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 12:27 AM       
It's been a while since I even gave a bit of a shit about a new Mario game - one amongst the thousand in existence and ten-thousand yet to come.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 09:16 AM       
There's been a flash ad for tactics ogre that really caught my eye. Its a bunch of guys waiting for their turns.

The action menu comes up:
* Preorder at amazon
* Preorder at gamestop
* Go to official website
* Continue running in place
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 02:11 PM       
Quote:
I was kinda impatient with it because(if I remember correctly) you can't just mash attacks because it lowers your stamina too much.
yea something like that... plus it would raise your RISK bar or some shit which made it easier for people to hit/hurt you or something. DID YOU KNOW YOU COULD MAKE ENEMIES FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU IN THAT GAME by tRICKINg THEIR frieNDS INTO HITTING THEM AND ThEN YOU GiVe THEM HEALTH POTIONS AND thEY fALL IN Love.

i have a psx copy of tactics ogre (the only psx game i never sold), and i love that game :O :O :O
didnt know they redid it though?
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 05:27 PM       
I just found out about tactics ogre a few months ago. At first I thought it was a ff tactics ripoff....then realized it was the exact opposite.

I tried March of the black queen when I was younger and thought it was stupid. I'm sure I'd like it now though.
has a woody
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 08:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I just found out about tactics ogre a few months ago. At first I thought it was a ff tactics ripoff....then realized it was the exact opposite.

I tried March of the black queen when I was younger and thought it was stupid. I'm sure I'd like it now though.
Yea, they're made by the same dudes (the Tactics guys got swallowed by Square). Normally, Tactics Ogre would be the prototype for FFT, but the PSP remakes are whole other beasts. Mostly TO doesn't lag like a motherfucker. Also TO has this rad feature that lets you jump back as many as 50 turns. And since the story has branching paths, instead of replaying it multiple times to see everything, you can beat it once, then revisit points in the game with your current troops and see different outcomes. It's really awesome.

Also you can't make your party members a bunch of walking ubergods who destroy whole universes with every step. This is either good or bad depending on if you like shattering FFT's difficulty curve over your knee.

SKATASTIC
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 09:12 AM       
Aww, Ogre doesn't have TG Cid in it then??

I don't have a PSP though. I kind of want to get a 3DSI for megaman legends 3 reaaaaaaaaallll bad.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 03:00 AM       
So I got on TF2 for the first time in four months and I was bombarded by tons of people wanting to trade with me because, apparently, I've got rare items. I ordered Sam & Max during the first week of release and I got the Big Kill, Lugermorph, and Max's Severed Head. Any one of these items, (save the Lugermorph, because it became unlockable later), are worth over a hundred dollars in real dollars.

Between those and all of the vintage items I have, I could make a LOT of money if I sold them.

So I'm having a crisis. Prestige or dollars? I'm a student, but even several hundred dollars will barely make a dent in anything.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 05:40 AM       
Jesus goddamned christ, you gaming people. SELL THE SHIT. NOW. THERE IS NO QUESTION HERE. 'Course, you people never actually part with your virtual crap, no matter what anyone tells you...
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 05:50 AM       
But I never get anything like this. I think it's pretty cool. And I love the shit out of Sam & Max.

And I'm obsessive-compulsive.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 06:25 AM       
Yeah, I'm probably gonna sell them, I've decided. I'm gonna keep my vintage shit, though. I'm very proud of those. They don't go for as much, either - I've just got a lot of them.
has a woody
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 09:56 AM       
I keep my stuff, cause I use pretty much everything and swap shit all the time.

Also, I'm trying to talk myself out of buying the new Pokemon game today while I'm at work. Even though I can pirate it. And I'm gonna be 23years old for fuck's sake. I have no idea why I have this urge. I'm probably just ancy for the 3DS I preordered.

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 11:24 AM       
I just got Poké Black&White on Friday for...well, my Mom and me, she likes these games for some reason

It´s...I don´t know how to describe it...it´s more relaxed. There´s healers everywhere, you seem to level way quicker this time around and the TMs (don´t know how they´re called in the english Version) are not one-time items anymore so you can experiment as much as you want. A steal for 25 bucks a piece...oh and it looks good too
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 01:27 PM       
Quote:
Also you can't make your party members a bunch of walking ubergods who destroy whole universes with every step. This is either good or bad depending on if you like shattering FFT's difficulty curve over your knee.
I'm guessing it doesn't have the 1000 million level dungeon at the end where you can get that item that can turn a level 100 person into a level 1 person and they keep all of their stats and shit?
also the item so you can turn those people you turned into level 1's a million times into a weapon?
has a woody
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 07:48 PM       
Uh, I'm just about at the end of the game and haven't seen anything remotely like that. The game forces you to specialize each character instead of giving them everything and the kitchen sink. So for instance I give my two mages two different elements each; one element is shared, one is unique. That way I'm still covering three different weaknesses, and since hitting an enemy with a spell sometimes makes them weak to that element, I can have both mages spam the same element and wreck the stronger enemies.

Oh! But levelling is different in the remake! It's like Valkyria Chronicles: you level up the classes, not the individuals. So recruiting a Knight will boost him to whatever level your knights are instantly. Unless it's a class you've never used, you don't have the grind their level, just their skill points (and they get the same amount as everyone else at the end of a battle so they don't have to do jackshit.)

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 11:43 PM       
just bought yakuza 3 haven't played much cause i had nier rented

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 01:47 AM       
Just when I get tired of WoW, I get DCUO. Ah well, who needs a life anyway?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 05:33 AM       
Dawn of War II: Retribution is alright. I preferred the first one, as I don't like this RPG bullshit seeping into my RTS games.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 11:04 AM       

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
BANNED

Old Mar 7th, 2011, 01:36 PM       
skill points? sounds a lot different, actually :O
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 03:47 PM       
Bought Serious Sam: The Second Encounter on the Arcade. So far it's pretty fun, but not as challenging as I expected. Most of my deaths have come from failing platforming sequences, and not the hordes of enemies it promised.
Also, the item placements and level designs are kind of irritating. A lot of the time, I've been in huge, open fields, with MAYBE 40 enemies at once, and items obscured by tall grass. It becomes a chore, scrounging around trying to find that health vial you swore you saw.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 04:02 PM       
They stop doing tall grass after the mayan levels. Also, I think you can tweak the draw distance so that the grass isn't visible until it's much closer. Or just turn it off, period.

has a woody
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 07:46 PM       
Beat Bit.Trip Flux. Fun little game, but not as good at Beat. At least they added fucking checkpoints this time.

Also, Wind Waker in 1080p in Dolphin is really pretty.

Last edited by Phoenix Gamma : Mar 7th, 2011 at 11:00 PM.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM       
i finally started playing yakuza 3 too many cutscenes

SANTO el enmascarado de plata