Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:16 AM        Newsweek Goes Spineles
Reatraction, apology, what's next? Maybe they can just close shop.

They're source backed down. That doesn't alter the fact that reports of staff at Guantanamo standing on, flushing and pissing on the Koran have been reported by major papers since 2003. It was widely reported that that 2004 hunger strike at camp X-ray was in response to this sort of behavior. Possibly all the various sources lied and it never happened, and the reporters got it wrong. Things like that happen sometimes. Your sources tell you Iraq has WMD, you go to war over it, thousands die, and hey, it turns out your sources were wrong. Apparently only the media has to offfer retractions and apologies when that kind of thing happens.

In addition, The White House should recieve the medal of Hypocrisy for going holier thna thou on Newsweek, since they don't deny female interogators stripped don and smeared fake menstrual blood on detainees as an interogation tool to break them on the grounds they would be religously humiliated.

It's as if they're saying "Yes, we use religous humilation as an interogation tool. BUT HOW DARE YOU SUGGEST WE USED A KIND OF RELIGOUS HUMILATION YOU CAN'T PROV WE DID! Sure, we would make them think we smeared menstrual blood on them, BUT WE WOULD NVER EVER DESECRATE THEIR HOLY BOOK!! THAT, SIR, IS WHERE WE DRAW THE LINE!"