Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 08:47 PM       
HEY JEFF I'M NOT SURE IF YOU PUT ENOUGH THOUGH INTO THAT

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 09:43 PM       
Quote:
I love how passionate people get over (almost) meaningless crap like this.
The only game I get really angry about people being mindless fags for is Tales of Symphonia, because it is seriously the most horrifying abomination to mankind ever put on an optic disc
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 09:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja View Post

Mortal Kombat 3/Ultimate/Trilogy- PURE SHIT.
Is there anyone on this board that even claims these games are good to begin with? Who had these rated highly anyway?
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 04:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
I kind of think Halo 3 is overrated too.
I think ALL Halo games are overrated. The only reason it's so famous is because it's the best shooter on the Xbox, which really doesn't mean much. There are dozens of better shooters for the PC, but since it's worshipped by all Xbox gamers, that doesn't really matter.
He speaks truth!
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 06:58 PM       
Since when is Counter-Strike overrated?

Has it been hyped at all? No. It's a simple game and to say that it's just full of douchebags is so off the point.

There are servers like 4chan where people are complete assholes and spam everything but there are plenty of servers where you can have a good time.

Oh and for most overrated, Bioshock for sure, i am so pissed off when another fucking publication gives it game of the year or some retard award.

At least Games For windows magazine ( Don't judge it by the name, they hate GFw live and clearly state it everywhere) gave Portal game of the year.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 07:15 PM       
I love the first Halo a lot, I don't see why everyone has a problem with it :<
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 07:36 PM       
Because it isn't worth getting an X-Box for, no matter what it's fanboys keep telling me to the contrary.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 07:44 PM       
My brother stole my copy of Halo 3 and I'm about to beat the shit out of him over it.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 07:46 PM       
I still like Halo 1 the best out of the trilogy :< Halo 3 isn't bad, though!

Halo 2 is.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 11:33 PM       
Quote:

Any Godzilla game - JUST LET ME SMASH SHIT. Or give it Controls like a mix of Firepro and Streetfighter. And where the fuck is Gamera, the giant, flying, fire-breathing sea turtle powered by the happyness of japanese children.
G:DAMM was fun but the series has progressively gotten worse in digital form. Save the Earth was weak and Unleashed is amazingly crappier. A game with Jet Jaguar in it and it sucks.

I also agree on all the 2D Mortal Kombats after 2. They got too same-y for me.

j/k fuck them
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 11:44 PM       
lol @ the acronym being g:damm

g:damm it
Ants Who Ruin Your Dinner
Codiekitty is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2008, 11:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Hippo View Post
I think ALL Halo games are overrated. The only reason it's so famous is because it's the best shooter on the Xbox, which really doesn't mean much. There are dozens of better shooters for the PC, but since it's worshipped by all Xbox gamers, that doesn't really matter.
I thought Halo's claim to fame was that you could see all the individual blades of grass and leaves on the trees.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 02:00 PM       
Yeah? I don't even remember that, and graphics have never mattered to me as much as gameplay anyway. To me it's just always been an average shooter that everyone but me loves so much.
He speaks truth!
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 02:27 PM       
Any Final Fantasy. I like them, don't get me wrong, but I do not think they are the be all and end all of RPGs.

The Madden series. Wow, another Madden game, new rosters, wheeeeeee. And only 50 bucks for the same game... again. I like football, I even think the Madden engine is good, but what is innovative about not chnging anything but the roster and one arbitrary feature every year? Oooh, this year they have "hire your own hotdog vendor" mode. Gotta have that! Puh-lease!
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 04:27 PM       
Quote:
Any Godzilla game - JUST LET ME SMASH SHIT. Or give it Controls like a mix of Firepro and Streetfighter. And where the fuck is Gamera, the giant, flying, fire-breathing sea turtle powered by the happyness of japanese children.
Gamera wasn't part of the Godzilla universe. He was just a cheap knockoff made by a competing company.

And what's wrong with Bionic Commando?

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 06:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post

The Madden series. Wow, another Madden game, new rosters, wheeeeeee. And only 50 bucks for the same game... again. I like football, I even think the Madden engine is good, but what is innovative about not chnging anything but the roster and one arbitrary feature every year? Oooh, this year they have "hire your own hotdog vendor" mode. Gotta have that! Puh-lease!
Some football fan you are.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 06:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Some football fan you are.
I don't think that makes me any less of a football fan. I just hate that overall the game has changed little in 10 years.

Sega sports proved they could do the same thing as Madden did better and cheaper when they released their 2K game on the PS2 for a mere 20 bucks on day of release, and EA, knowing their secret was exposed did the only thing they could do about it. They bought out the NFL license so they wouldn't have to compete. Now their product is weaker because they don't have to be better than anyone else because they are the only game in town with the NFL license.

But as long as people keep throwing money at their brand this cycle will continue unfortunately.
Beloved Cunt
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 06:42 PM       
I don't think you can detect sarcasm.

I do agree with your rant on EA's lack of effort as of late but I won't agree with NFL 2k5 being better than Madden 05. Aside from a few nit-picky issues I have, Madden 08 was a big improvement over 07 (ps3 and 360 versions).
Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 08:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
So after thinking about this for a while I've decided that Silent Hill 2 is the Jim Morrison of videogames

by which I mean it sucks

Another game that got a lot of undeserved praise was Viewtiful Joe.

Fuck that game.
silent hill was good and doesn't deserve being compared with jim morrisoon he was fat, ugly, stupid and most of his songs were horrible.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Feb 15th, 2008, 10:40 PM       
Quote:
I don't think you can detect sarcasm.

I do agree with your rant on EA's lack of effort as of late but I won't agree with NFL 2k5 being better than Madden 05. Aside from a few nit-picky issues I have, Madden 08 was a big improvement over 07 (ps3 and 360 versions).
You have to admit, voice inflection, which is impossible to convey in the written word form, is a big part of sarcasm. Without it, it is hard to tell sarcasm and a simple rebuttal apart (In either case I would likely have answered the same way though because it was a valid observation that hardcore football fans are usually unquestionably loyal to the Madden franchise, while I am not.)

I happen to like the 2K franchise though. I preferred it from it's inception since I played it on the Dreamcast. That is a matter of personal taste though I suppose. 2K5 had all the things I required out of a good football game. Franchise mode, player stats, solid gameplay. Madden may have looked a bit more polished in the graphics department, but I preferred the more colorful bright look to the ralistic look of Madden, it is a video game after all, so show me something shiney and pretty
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2008, 11:46 AM       
Final Fantasy 8 was a huge letdown for me. It looked so badass, but then i played it and almost threw it away the next day.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 01:53 AM       
That was a pretty smart reply, Pentagarn.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 03:35 AM       
He sure won this internet argument! :retardedolympicsmeme
Beloved Cunt
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 10:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I happen to like the 2K franchise though. I preferred it from it's inception since I played it on the Dreamcast. That is a matter of personal taste though I suppose. 2K5 had all the things I required out of a good football game. Franchise mode, player stats, solid gameplay. Madden may have looked a bit more polished in the graphics department, but I preferred the more colorful bright look to the ralistic look of Madden, it is a video game after all, so show me something shiney and pretty
Too bad the 2K series never went the extra mile by changing the graphics to more of an anime-styled look. Why settle for boring "realistic" graphics when you can have a kaleidescope of colors and animations blasting your peepers?

Edit: NFL 2k1 is one of the best football games ever made.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Feb 17th, 2008, 12:33 PM       
Quote:
Too bad the 2K series never went the extra mile by changing the graphics to more of an anime-styled look. Why settle for boring "realistic" graphics when you can have a kaleidescope of colors and animations blasting your peepers?

Edit: NFL 2k1 is one of the best football games ever made.
I agree with all of that, even though I know the first part was said in jest