Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 02:32 AM       
Let's go Bills! bu-bu-bu-bu-bills!
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 08:03 PM       
I've been pimping Trent Edwards since college and now my e-penis is getting bigger with each of his completions!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 04:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
The Vikings beat the Panthers 20-10 due to 15 Gus Ferotte touchdowns.
I remember Gus way back when he played for the 'skins - he must be playing with a walker by now.

Frerotte has the most mispelled name in football, after Manu Tuiasasopo.
You may already be there.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 05:39 PM       
Yeah, Gus is pretty old, but the guy who I'm surprised to see getting the starting nod is Trent Green. Last time I saw him he was strapped to a gurney. And I think Manumaleuna has to be pretty high on the mispelled/mispronounced list.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 11:31 PM       
Lions fans' wildest dreams came true....
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 08:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
And I think Manumaleuna has to be pretty high on the mispelled/mispronounced list.
Pretty much any player from Samoa.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 08:26 PM       
Quote:
Lions fans' wildest dreams came true.
What took them so fucking long? 31-84 over the past 7+ years - that record blows dead monkey balls. How many half-way decent coaches got fired before Ford finally figured out that Millen was the problem?

Moron.
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 11:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
What took them so fucking long?

Moron.
Too much carbon monoxide to the brain maybe?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 06:53 PM       
I will miss Millen though. Not because I thought he was an effective GM, or even an average GM> I will miss him because he gave me one of my all time favorite sports talk radio drops. When he was pounding his fist on a table or a podium or whatever it was saying "Whatever it takes to get us to win, you do!" and he hit the table with every word. About a week after he did it it was on the Jim Daniels show as a drop and was making me laugh constantly because it was dropped every time someone hit a table or podium.
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 09:45 PM       
Care to share that drop Penty Boy?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 11:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I will miss Millen though. Not because I thought he was an effective GM, or even an average GM> I will miss him because he gave me one of my all time favorite sports talk radio drops.
Whatever else he was - idiot, egomaniac, bully - he was also a master of unitentional comedy. We'll always have his sound bites.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 08:41 AM       
Quote:
Care to share that drop Penty Boy?
I have searched it out for years (since Jason Smith and the sound guy they had [Rodriguez I believe]left that show) and still haven't found it

Is has become my Holy Graile of sound drops
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 09:44 PM       
Wait, drafting over rated wide receivers first every season isn't a sound strategy?
Oozes machismo
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM       
To be fair, in '02 they wasted their first pick on an overrated quarterback.
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 11:24 PM       
Don't forget Kevin Jones, he did a whole lot of nothing.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 07:07 AM       
Fuck Andy Reid. Anytime a team has the ball on the 1 yard line and can't punch it in, the coaching staff is to blame about 90% of the time. They deserved to get spanked last night.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 07:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I have searched it out for years [...] and still haven't found it
And now you have all of us sports nerds looking for it too.

I found the entire quotation, which admittedly is very humorous, but without the sound effects, it just kind of "lays there".

Incidentally, Marty Mornhinweg (OC for the Eag's) was asked to describe his reaction upon hearing of MM's sacking. He said that it was "the way things go in this business" and that "beyond this I have no comment". He should run for president.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Sep 29th, 2008 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Unintentional humor
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 02:20 AM       
Of course he has no comment. Mornhinweg or whatever the fuck he wants to be called was hired by that bum Millen and was subsequently canned after 2 TERRIBLE years. I heard a story a while back about how he elected to kick off after winning the OT toss. Naturally, the other team drove down the field and kicked a game winner.

The moral of the story is that Marty is the greatest man alive.
corporate whore
Dirge is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 03:46 AM       
Quote:
Of course he has no comment. Mornhinweg or whatever the fuck he wants to be called was hired by that bum Millen and was subsequently canned after 2 TERRIBLE years. I heard a story a while back about how he elected to kick off after winning the OT toss. Naturally, the other team drove down the field and kicked a game winner.

The moral of the story is that Marty is the greatest man alive.

If i remember correctly, he said afterwards he choose to kick b/c of the wind or some such shit. tatical genius this guy
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 05:43 AM       
Another coaching genius used that argument after losing a game due to choosing the "wind" over the "ball" so don't be too hard on Marty - he's in elite company.

Rich Kotite
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM       
God bless the greatest coach in NFL history:

Oozes machismo
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 11:19 AM       
I miss those coats. But not Kotite.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 1st, 2008, 11:20 PM       
One of my favorite Richie the K stories goes something like this:

Rainy afternoon, miserable conditions, game coming down to the wire and the Eagles were down by 10. They scored a touchdown, and, inexplicably, Rich decides to "go for 2". THey blow it, and wind up getting the ball back, with no time-outs (naturally) only to drive down to within field goal range as time expires.

When asked about the decision after the game he stated "My laminated sheet got wet and I misread whether I should go for 1 or 2 in that situation."

Even now, after all these years, that still gives me an upset stomach.
Beloved Cunt
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 02:27 AM       
So no one on his staff bothered (if they even knew) to give him a heads up?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 05:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I found the entire quotation, which admittedly is very humorous, but without the sound effects, it just kind of "lays there".
Truer words were never spoken, it has zero pop without hearing him say it while pounding the podium.

I found the quote once myself and go tall excited but there was no video to accompany it so then I was sad.

Guess I will have to have this to meet my podium abuse needs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQfiZNOPQ20

It's no Matt Millen podium pound, but there is a bit of podium abuse in the beginning :P