Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 11:42 AM        What do you do... IRL?
In an effort to improve PubLover's encyclopedic knowledge of everyone's personal life: What is your job?

Mine is to maintain an automated holiday booking/searching service.

Basically imagine a robot sat at a computer filling in holiday bookings. Now imagine the robot doesn't exist and some software does it instead. Finally imagine that software doesn't really work half the time. You should now have a pretty good mental image of what I spend my days slaving over.

For the past few months I've been web-designing too, but that particular project is almost finished
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 11:56 AM       
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMMO_%28U.S._Air_Force%29

That's the general scope of the career field but for the past 4 months i've been working the Storage element of the job:

""Storage" is responsible for storing and breaking out munitions required by CM and Inspection, and is also responsible for the maintenance of the munitions storage facilities, usually called "igloos", "magazines", or revetments ("revvies".) Storage is also used to transport munitions over public right-of-ways to transfer munitions between different storage or shipping and receiving locations. Storage troops operate the majority of the heavier equipment found in the bomb dump, including "18 wheelers", and heavy-rated forklifts, front-end loaders, and cranes. Storage troops can be thought of as the arteries of AMMO."
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 12:13 PM       
http://www.dop.wa.gov/Resources/JobClasses/default.htm

under the Mail Processing - Driver heading
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 12:38 PM       
http://www.ccbcmd.edu/catalog/progra...nessadmin.html

and working on a MP2 mod to teach myself 3D Studio Max and working with ancient systems ;<

http://marathonmax.blogspot.com
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 01:12 PM       
Dishwasher/Prep cook/Bitch

Pays off when everyone you work with is a hilarious asshole to the waiters. And when you're constantly getting small raises. Besides, I am the senior bitch.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 01:37 PM       
Front desk clerk at a motel. I get paid to sit on the internet and watch TV for 90% of the day. And take threats from angry 5 foot tall black men who blame me for them beating their wives because they didn't get room service this morning.
Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 02:14 PM       
I'm a framer. I make frames for everything from photographs to paintings to fish baits to any kind of crap somebody would want to get framed. That's pretty much it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 02:55 PM       
have you ever framed someone for murder
Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 03:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
have you ever framed someone for murder
Gee, i sure haven't heard that one a hundred times before. As for the answer... It wouldn't be a very good frame up if i admitted it.
OH GOD
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 03:14 PM       
i was hoping the finnish term would be different is all :-[
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 03:22 PM       
McDonald's Crew!
I make good fud

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 03:32 PM       
can you send me a cheeseburger
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM       
I slice meats and cheeses for rude customers in the grocery store deli during the summer.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 07:03 PM       
I'm interning at a magazine at the moment. I get to write every now and again, but it's mostly intern jobs. I'm waiting for an opening at the BBFC
AWESOME
Madman914 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 07:07 PM       
Waiter at a sports bar. Just love it when football season comes around.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

40 pound box of rape?
Creepy-critters is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 07:12 PM       
I work drive through donations at Value Village, but I spend most of my shift doing warehouse work. I get to use power tools 0_0, not the best idea to trust me with them.

Or the forklift

Level 29 ♂
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 11:14 PM       
I think my job is making me racist.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 11:25 PM       
Is there such a thing as a good race?
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 11:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
My sister thought this too when she worked for AAA in Detroit.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 11:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Is there such a thing as a good race?
No.

I work in fast food. Which is real cool considering I have experience in fine dining. So I argue with people about what wine goes good with a double bacon cheeseburger.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 08:53 AM       
I'm just a student. I don't get paid to not really pay attention, not learn anything much and hardly study at all. But for some reason I still have good grades, despite the fact that the school I'm going to is supposed to be for the smart kids. It's good and easy.
He speaks truth!
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 10:04 AM       
I currently don't have a job. :/

I'm a physics student, although I'm desperately trying to get into medschool.

I've filed few applications for a job for next summer though, I'll let you know when I know where I'll work.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 05:31 PM       
All jobs make you hate gypsies.
was never good
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 05:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
This happened to me when I worked in construction for over a year ;<
Level 29 ♂
Old Feb 29th, 2008, 05:51 PM       
I'm getting sick of the passive-aggressive gansta fuckers that come in here and make thinly veiled threats at me because the morning girl wasn't stupid enough to get cheated out of giving him 20 extra dollars in change.