Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 08:24 AM        Dragons-Chiefs game and the whole felonious assault thing
I miss all the good ones

Apparently last night was quite a game. At the bottom of the first, there was an argument between the managers and Peoria pitcher Julio Castillo threw a fastball into the stands. I guess he took a running start and was trying to hit a Dayton player, but instead it hit a fan, who needed to be hospitalized. He was jailed on charges of felonious assault.

They play again tonight. Wonder what that'll be like.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 12:45 AM       
I think we need more good fights like this.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 10:16 AM       
The fight itself didn't really impress me nearly as much as the throw. Castillo got a running start on it. Good thing it didn't catch somebody in the face.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 04:03 PM       
Sent a fan to the hospital, though.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 08:50 AM       
Those minor league teams and their crazy promotions.

-We had the Virginia Power with "Poo Night".
-The Fresno Grizzlies had "Price is Right" night
-We almost even had a "Vasectomy night" where one fan would get a free vasectomy.

Now we have "Get hit by a baseball night". Those wacky minor league promotions just keep coming don't they.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 09:52 PM       
Heh.

I wish I could go to more Dragons games, actually. Last spring my dad threw out the opening pitch at one and we got a rare skybox-view of everything, which made the lawn seats really suck in comparison.

They also have a Mickey-Minnie philosophy to their mascots- there's a girl mascot and a boy one, which is a little weird. But the games are pretty fun.

I wish Fifth Third Field wasn't in such a shitty part of town.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 10:58 PM       
Well, just make sure you armor up before heading back.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 03:05 PM       
Fifth Third Field? Isn't that a malt liquor?
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 05:55 PM       
Judging from the area, probably.